The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AnimeMun

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Mk II

I'm hoping to see the AGE-FX carry more of the AGE-2's trans rather than AGE-3's core block system. I always wanted what is essentially a transforming Hi-Nu Gundam!

As for the Regulus....if you see an X or Zephrantes from that then you are high on something. Its closer to looking like a Gundam Throne on white paint. Even that is stretching it a bit.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
GNRoyalFlash24

I'll wait for the HG or MG manual for extra information regarding the Regulus, but in the meantime looking at the lineart it seems that the tail cannon is to be deployed over the right shoulder like the Throne Einz and X when firing.

On the other hand, it's the second MS in the Age universe to sport head mounted vulcans (beam version no less).
Laevatein

GNRoyalFlash24 wrote:I'll wait for the HG or MG manual for extra information regarding the Regulus, but in the meantime looking at the lineart it seems that the tail cannon is to be deployed over the right shoulder like the Throne Einz and X when firing.

On the other hand, it's the second MS in the Age universe to sport head mounted vulcans (beam version no less).
Given that the configuration of the tail gun is similar to that of the the Dorado's, it would be more likely to assume that it'll be fired under the arm rather than over the shoulder as shown here. The placement of the gun's joints below the rather large protruding backpack kinda makes the over-the-shoulder deployment impossible for the Legilis, lest it has another mechanism to do so.
E08

Actually i think Dorado can position the tail rifle under its arm or over its head, since the mid segment of the tail is long enough for that. As for Legilis, i feel that the rifle is most likely positioned under the arms because if you look at the tail, it does not seem to have a mid segment as long as Dorado's. Of course, there is also the possibility that the end segment can split into 2 and if thats the case, then it can position it in both ways.
GNRoyalFlash24

Laevatein wrote:
GNRoyalFlash24 wrote:I'll wait for the HG or MG manual for extra information regarding the Regulus, but in the meantime looking at the lineart it seems that the tail cannon is to be deployed over the right shoulder like the Throne Einz and X when firing.

Given that the configuration of the tail gun is similar to that of the the Dorado's, it would be more likely to assume that it'll be fired under the arm rather than over the shoulder as shown here. The placement of the gun's joints below the rather large protruding backpack kinda makes the over-the-shoulder deployment impossible for the Legilis, lest it has another mechanism to do so.
I looked again at the lineart for the Legilis and yeah, it's more plausible to use the tail cannon under the arms since it seemed to be connected under the right binder rather than to the back of the body.
Laevatein

GNRoyalFlash24 wrote:
I looked again at the lineart for the Legilis and yeah, it's more plausible to use the tail cannon under the arms since it seemed to be connected under the right binder rather than to the back of the body.
It's not connected to the right binder. The tail cannon is connected directly underneath the backpack, and above its butt.
Apsalas

You guys noticed that the AGE FX's BFG has its normal Beam Rifle at its centre?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06 ... -size.html
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
Sume Gai

Perhaps it's a completed compact photon ring weapon? Would certainly be an interesting call back.

The Ghiraga certainly is full of tricks. The Staff is not only a beam scythe and spear but also a shooting weapon. Also it seems those beam funnels don't actually do a lot of damage individually but rather are there to overwhelm or distract the opponent.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Evex

I have a theory about the origin of the Gundam AGE FX. For the most part it looks like its an upgrade done to the AGE-3 using Vagan technology. Its essentially the same concept behind the Gurren SEITEN, where the suit is captured and upgraded with enemy technology. The vegans just create a new G-cepter and modify the core booster (I think that's what its called.) To that extent I wouldn't be surprised if the Gundam AGE FX is equipped with the same X-Transmitter found on the Ghirarga.

The Gundam Regilus looks like its based on the Vagan's Ghirarga, but incorporates technology the Vegans got off of the AGE-3. So with both Gundam's it could be that the Vagan's created both by incorporating technology into the other suit. For the Gundam Age FX they incorporated Vagan technology into the AGE-3, and for the Gundam Regilus they incorporated technology from the Gundam AGE-3 into the Ghirarga.
Laevatein

Apsalas wrote:You guys noticed that the AGE FX's BFG has its normal Beam Rifle at its centre?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06 ... -size.html
Yes, I made note of that last page. Given that the info we've been told says that the rifle has 3 different modes, it only makes sense.
Evex wrote:I have a theory about the origin of the Gundam AGE FX. For the most part it looks like its an upgrade done to the AGE-3 using Vagan technology.
All the info said about the AGE-3 in promotional material though states that the AGE-FX is a product of the AGE System, which would require the AGE Builder, something that the Vegans don't have. Given the inevitable rescue operation to retrieve Kio and the AGE-3, I don't think the Vegans have enough time to change 99% of the AGE-3 into the AGE-FX.

It's difficult enough to believe the theory of the AGE-FX being an upgraded AGE-3 based on perceived physical similarities. The only thing similar between both as far as physical appearance is concerned is the configuration of the head, and even there the details are completely different. And while both suits do have Core Fighters, their design is also widely dissimilar enough that one can't be called an upgrade of the other. The Gurren Seiten is a bad example to use, since while there are details changed here and there between it and its predecessor, the Seiten still shares enough similarities to the Mk.2 to be identifiable as an upgrade. The AGE-FX is so drastically dissimilar to the AGE-3 that if the Vagans did make it, it'd have been easier for them to make a completely new suit rather than upgrade the AGE-3 into the AGE-FX.
Compass

I'd like to point out that, with combat data from fighting Zeheart's options, the AGE Builder could theoretically craft its own funnel system for the AGE FX.

It looks nothing like the AGE-3 core block except for the wing slats.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
DuelGundam2099

So......... Does it say anywhere as to what FX stands for?
Sume Gai

Final eXtermination, the last piece of Flit's greatest master plan to wipe those dirty meat-shunning bastards out!

More seriously its hard to say if it stands for anything unless the series or model kits have something to say on the matter. Might just be rule of cool or a reference to the F-series Gundams of late UC
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Geoxile

Apparently there was a promo floating around that described the FX as the strongest Gundam in History that will protect humanity.

I'm guessing aliens in the last 10 episodes...

The chance of Vagans being considered aliens was lost with the preview for 37.
GNRoyalFlash24

Geoxile wrote:Apparently there was a promo floating around that described the FX as the strongest Gundam in History that will protect humanity.

I'm guessing aliens in the last 10 episodes...

The chance of Vagans being considered aliens was lost with the preview for 37.
Aliens? 00 Gundam explored that concept and it had both hits and misses. Hmmm, what about a Glemy Toto style coup d' etat in the Vagan side?
E08

Isnt this alien talk a bit premature? I mean the line on the promo pic just say protecting humanity.... Even though Vagans are humans but the way they go about attacking cities on earth may have make people on earth regard them as 'aliens'.
GNRoyalFlash24

Sume Gai wrote:More seriously its hard to say if it stands for anything unless the series or model kits have something to say on the matter. Might just be rule of cool or a reference to the F-series Gundams of late UC
The F could be Final or Fourth while the X in the FX could mean eXperimental. Aside from having a weapon tribute to the fin funnel, I hope that it would also sport something similar to the F91's heat dispersion as defensive measurement.
Calubin_175

FX stands for foreign exchange, so it will be the 00 Qanta equivalent enabling the understanding resolution with the Vagans.
GNRoyalFlash24

Just looked at new teaser images for the Age FX, http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7ujF_-BLPF0/T ... 0/1231.jpg
the way the torso is designed... reminds me of V2 Gundam
AnimeMun

I thought it meant For X-Rounders. As in only an X-Rounder can pilot this suit.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!