The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Are the Rozen Zulu and the Sinanju's bazooka ever going to appear in episode 5?
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:Are the Rozen Zulu and the Sinanju's bazooka ever going to appear in episode 5?
Spoiler
Looks like they appear during the ending credits(like OVA 3), Rozen Zulu is guaranteed.
Since we'll be getting complete Spoilers on the 13th let's guess who's the surprise MS. It can only be these ones: Zeta Plus(95% sure), Gaplant Kai(4%), Barzam(1%). All fit the battle location and are 6 letter in katakana, besides not already having a HGUC model.
Calubin_175

It appears while the Unicorns have to rely on Base Jabbers in the high altitude fight, the Ankushas, like the Asshimar, can transform into MS mode briefly for combat and then revert back to MA. Both the Gaplant and Asshimar were classified as TMAs for this reason. Most likely the Delta Plus could do something similar.
Dark Duel

balofo wrote:Zeta Plus(95% sure), Gaplant Kai(4%), Barzam(1%)
Wasn't the Gaplant Kai just a mobile armor?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:
balofo wrote:Zeta Plus(95% sure), Gaplant Kai(4%), Barzam(1%)
Wasn't the Gaplant Kai just a mobile armor?
Yes, it could not transform and was designed for high altitude combat.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
nacho-wan

I'm surprised that nobody has commented the firepower of the Banshee's BS in the 8 minute preview:
Spoiler
the damn thinhg sliced the Shambloo's hulk like buttler!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Ferrus_Manus

nacho-wan wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has commented the firepower of the Banshee's BS in the 8 minute preview:
Spoiler
This weapon cut trough it like a beam saber. Absolutly awesome.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
flamingtroll

nacho-wan wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has commented the firepower of the Banshee's BS in the 8 minute preview:
Spoiler
It only cut through the joints of Shambloo which are obvious weak points. You can still see the scorch marks on the armored parts. I think the point of that scene is to actually show how accurate the fin rifle is.
SlowTurtle

Its damn scary if youask me and I hope its been worth the wait.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
balofo

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8274 ... 896950.jpg

Upcoming UC MSV?? The old design kinda matches the black silhouette(inspiration wise), so we're getting the Kraken Zulu with an even bigger booster. Perhaps Angelo will arrive first at the Laplace remains with this or it's for the reentry battle.
Zero Revenge

flamingtroll wrote:
Spoiler
It only cut through the joints of Shambloo which are obvious weak points. You can still see the scorch marks on the armored parts. I think the point of that scene is to actually show how accurate the fin rifle is.
I wouldn't say "obvious weak points" because how would she know what that was? Besides, she's aiming at the Delta Plus, not the Shambo. (She wasn't aiming at the joints.)

It showcases the power output of the Beam Smart Gun.

Also, the Shamblo was already destroyed/"turned off" so it didn't have its I-Field (did it have an I-field?) and Reflectors to deflect it. So, it was just a metal frame. Which was sliced in twine.
balofo

From this month's IDTC article: Banshee has sensor range of 23500, superior to the Unicorn's 22000. Other stats are the same, besides the obvious h/w.
flamingtroll

Zero Revenge wrote: I wouldn't say "obvious weak points" because how would she know what that was? Besides, she's aiming at the Delta Plus, not the Shambo. (She wasn't aiming at the joints.)

It showcases the power output of the Beam Smart Gun.
Well, I dont' know if she was intentionally aiming for the the joints. But it seems that's what was cut through. You can still see the glowing marks on the armor. The MA collapsed not because the beam slicing it into pieces but on its own weight because the two arms that were supporting it were cut. All the info about the Armored BS pimps about its predictive accuracy but not firepower in particular, so I just assume Marida was doing that on purpose. I don't think she was particularly trying to destroy the Riddhe either, otherwise she would have finished Riddhe off before going for Banagher instead of jsut letting him be trapped.
balofo

Surprise MS is a
Spoiler
Geara Zulu with Skiure...
other appearances:
Spoiler
-General Revil
-Rezel Defenser unit A/B
-Jegan and Rezel with white/orange paint scheme
-Normal Jegan from F91?
-Sinanju equipped with Bazooka mounted on rifle plus Rozen Zulu
-Geara Zulu with Gouf Custom Gatling?
flamingtroll

Has anyone seen any scans of Anksha's manual yet? I am curious about the cockpit location. Asshimar had it near the head, and it's accessed from the head. But it looks like Anksha is supposed to have a proper torso cockpit, unless it's just a dud like Dijeh's "cockpit hatch". The pilot won't be able to get out from a regular cockpit in MA mode though..
balofo

Ankusha confirmed weapons from kit:

-Beam Saber
-Beam Rifle
-60mm Vulcan
-Another one that's made of 3 words, can't really make it up
Homeless

http://i.imgur.com/rhw2d.jpg

I believe this is new, anyway.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
balofo

Homeless wrote:http://i.imgur.com/rhw2d.jpg

I believe this is new, anyway.
Rozen Zulu anime changes:
-Added visible thrusters on shoulder armor
-Small design change on the shield where the Hamma Hamma had the space mine launcher, perhaps the Rozen will have it also.

The Jegan A2 is supposed to be the CCA version upgraded?
The Rezel has limiters off?