Ep. 100 - Neon. Genesis. Evangelion.

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 100 - Neon. Genesis. Evangelion.

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 100 - "Neon. Genesis. Evangelion."
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 118 min., 44 sec. (1:58:44) - 54.4 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:03:26

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:03:26 - 0:04:10

03. "Gihren's Ambition" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 0:04:10 - 0:07:20

04. 1st Segment: "The Gundamnation Strikes: Favorite Gundamn Moments!" Forwarded by Bakuhasu & The Suspicious Red Lamp of the Decoration Disorder Disconnection Podcast!
Runtime: 0:07:20 - 0:16:33

05. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:16:33 - 0:17:40

06. Next Time on Fighters Ready! - "Ep. 002: Violent Fighting to Come Again!" (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:17:40 - 0:20:13

07. 2nd Segment: "Anime Spotlight: Neon Genesis Evangelion" (TV & Movie Series, 1995 - Present)
Runtime: 0:20:13 - 1:27:36

08. Next Time on Chaos Theater - "Special 002: Save or Troll" (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:27:36 - 1:29:20

09. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:29:20 - 1:30:11

10. 3rd Segment: "The Gundamnation Strikes: $h!t Gundamn Listeners Say!" Forwarded by Bakuhasu & The Suspicious Red Lamp of the Decoration Disorder Disconnection Podcast!
Runtime: 1:30:11 - 1:37:45

11. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:37:45 - 1:38:45

12. "The Brightslap™!" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 1:38:45 - 1:40:00

13. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:40:00 - 1:58:44

The Greatest Story Ever Told. 'Nuff Said.

It has been an incredible journey reaching this milestone episode and our heartfelt thanks go out to all our listeners, long-time & first time. Special thanks to all who also participated in this episode as well!

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts also!:
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 024 - The Films of Christopher Nolan (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 025 - Transmetropolitan (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Sp. 001 - The Girls of Gunpla Outtakes (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Ep. 006 - Figure Customization (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 001 - Crossover Madness! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music featured in this Episode:

Intro Segment, BGM Selection:
- Title: "At The Very Beginning" by Shiro Sagisu
- Album: "Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 - You Can (Not) Advance" Motion Picture Score

Segment One, BGM Selection I:
- Title: "The Final Decision We All Must Take" Remix by The Enigma TNG
- Original Source: "Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 - You Can (Not) Advance" Motion Picture Score by Shiro Sagisu

Segment One, BGM Selection II:
- Title: "Part 2 Gundam Huge Mix - WING" by DJ RX-78
- Original Source: "New Mobile Report Gundam Wing" Original Television Score by Koh Otani

Segment Two, Opening BGM Selection:
- Title: "Cruel Angel's Thesis (10th Anniversary Version)" Reprise by Shiro Sagisu
- Album: "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Decade" 10th Anniversary Compilation Album

Segment Two, Closing BGM Selection:
- Title: "Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)" by Frank Sinatra, with Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Album: "It Might as Well Be Swing" (1964)

Segment Three, BGM Selection:
- Title: "Big O Breakbeat" (Remix of "Stand a Chance" & "Sure Promise") by DJ RX-78
- Original Source: "The Big O" Original Television Score by Toshihiko Sahashi

Outro Segment, Opening BGM Selection:
- Title: "Barefoot in the Park" by Shiro Sagisu
- Album: "Neon Genesis Evangelion" Original Television Score

Outro Segment, Closing BGM Selection I:
- Title: "The Beast" by Shiro Sagisu

Outro Segment, Closing BGM Selection II:
- Title: "Eva-02" by Shiro Sagisu

Shinjuku Station & MAHQ Signoff, BGM Selection:
- Title: "Next Episode (30 second version)" by Shiro Sagisu

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 100 - Neon. Genesis. Evangelion.

Damn, Neo. You sounded awful this episode. You sick or something?

Grat's on the 100th episode, guys! It's an honor to have been a part of this show.

Evangelion may be overrated and it isn't that hard to understand, but it's still a damn good show. I love how it really got into the characters' heads and showed how heavy the situation weighed on them. Plus there were plenty of awesome action moments, namely every time Unit 01 goes berserk. It deserves its place on the top of so many lists.

Oh, and Rei (2 onwards) isn't a loli. Not with that body.

Some one wants me to have my own podcast? I'm flattered and I am toying with the idea of doing something but I'm not confident in my ability to pull it off. In the meantime, if any of you podcasters out there need a guest host, I'm free any time ;)
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Strike Zero

Well played, good sirs.

Well. Played. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Shinigam_Newtype

I knew you'd guys review Evangelion for the 100th episode, I JUST KNEW IT!!
Congratulations in the 100th episode! I'm glad you've all made it this far, seeing a new episode, truly does a bring a smile to my face each time. I wish you all the best of luck.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Mr Bushido

So it's finally here. Oh boy!

Oh wow just caught off guard at the beginning... genius!
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Chris
Administrator

Strike Zero wrote:Well played, good sirs.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This was a totally normal and average episode.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Soul Bro sounded like he had a cold or something.
As for Neo must be allergies time for him.

Anyway congrats on episode 100 and yay, Evangelion is done and reviewed.
Dollow

Chris wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:Well played, good sirs.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This was a totally normal and average episode.
So you say.

Either way, happy 100th.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
tHeWasTeDYouTh

wth, lol they sound strange.

there is something very very wrong
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
hotlimit

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

I honestly knew nothing about Neon Genesis Evangelion other than the theme song and that there is a red girl and a blue girl in it (whom I affectionately refer to as Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue). I'd never even met any Eva fans until just recently, when a late-30-something dude told me it was the best thing ever, no exceptions. So now I'm glad to be in the know about the orange mountain dew and whatnot.

Also hands off* to those mystery voice actors who pulled off a perfect impression of the Gundamn hosts, you guys must have been in method acting for like a year.

edit - *I meant HATS off
kayone73

Sadly I recognized every voice for 'Neo' 'Chris' & 'Soulbro' as soon as I heard. Well played good sirs.

Congrats on the big 1-O-O!
Destiny_Gundam

hotlimit wrote:I honestly knew nothing about Neon Genesis Evangelion other than the theme song and that there is a red girl and a blue girl in it (whom I affectionately refer to as Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue). I'd never even met any Eva fans until just recently, when a late-30-something dude told me it was the best thing ever, no exceptions. So now I'm glad to be in the know about the orange mountain dew and whatnot.
You really should watch it. How good it actually is aside, it's worth checking out if only to see what the fuss is about.
PedroBear

hotlimit wrote:BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

I honestly knew nothing about Neon Genesis Evangelion other than the theme song and that there is a red girl and a blue girl in it (whom I affectionately refer to as Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue). I'd never even met any Eva fans until just recently, when a late-30-something dude told me it was the best thing ever, no exceptions. So now I'm glad to be in the know about the orange mountain dew and whatnot.

Also hands off* to those mystery voice actors who pulled off a perfect impression of the Gundamn hosts, you guys must have been in method acting for like a year.

edit - *I meant HATS off
The show is OK, despite it's problems. I'd definitely recommend the movies though. Those are quite good.
hotlimit

How about I watch Ghost in the Shell, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Gundam Wing, and everything else I've missed first? It's not like I've been avoiding Evangelion, it's just like I missed out on that moment in time that everyone else saw it.
Destiny_Gundam

I first saw it back when I downloaded stuff from Morpheus :lol: Before that I had first seen an ad for it in one of my Pokemon comics.

Didn't own the series until I bought the Platinum box set used at an anime store in Las Vegas.
hotlimit

Ahhh Morpheus, the only thing I downloaded from Morpheus was Vietnamese pop songs, ahahhaha. I may just watch Eva somewhere down the line, like when there's a super ultimate complete final mentally sound omnibus version. Or whenever I finish Ghost in the Shell, Deep Space 9, and Gundam Wing!

Also forgot to say that, like Mu (I believe it was Mu?), I really enjoyed the GaoGaiGar episode. It seriously made me want to watch that show, the way everyone was so hyped up just talking about it.
Mu La Flaga

hotlimit wrote:Ahhh Morpheus, the only thing I downloaded from Morpheus was Vietnamese pop songs, ahahhaha. I may just watch Eva somewhere down the line, like when there's a super ultimate complete final mentally sound omnibus version. Or whenever I finish Ghost in the Shell, Deep Space 9, and Gundam Wing!

Also forgot to say that, like Mu (I believe it was Mu?), I really enjoyed the GaoGaiGar episode. It seriously made me want to watch that show, the way everyone was so hyped up just talking about it.
For some odd reason when I said 34 for my voicemail entry it sounded more like bloody 24 oddly.
But yeah it was just fun.

And yay I need a better phone sometime that or unless I set up skype to call MAHQ's podcast voicemail bit.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

All those who expressed concern about my health.

I'm feeling better now (since that episode is over with)
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
kayone73

Loved the voicemail 'cameo', I was listening to this bit at the gym and laughing my ass off when I heard it.
xaos

This was fantastic. You guys at Gundamn just gave me a devilish idea for my own podcast. XD I feel pretty much the same on Evangelion, as "Chris" and "Neo". Oh, and congrats 100 episodes, hope you guys keep going strong.