Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles Char Custom

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles Char Custom

Just like any mecha show, Neo's News is getting another upgrade. Well, not really, due to the size of the original thread, I'm starting a new one.

The response from everyone has been great. Please the rules of posting below and keep them coming.

Listener submitted articles will be divided into two categories, hard news and WTF.
Hard news articles would include production, promotional, merchandising, etc. stories.
WTF articles being just that articles that make you say "WTF!".
Now for the sake of time, I can only select one article for each category. But first....

Just like life, we have a few rules.

1. Make the articles at the most PG-13, we never know who's listening.

2. Make sure the article is mecha related or a broad topic that would
include mecha anime or be anime industry related.
I.E. You've heard the show before make sure it's something we
would talk about normally.

3. When posting your article suggestion on the MechaTalk forum, please
give a brief description of the article and what category it pertains.
Also, be sure to provide a hyperlink to the article.

4. Please view other posts to make sure that you are not duplicating
each others submissions.

5. Have fun with this, but please keep in mind the length of Neo's News
during Gundamn. No four page articles, keep the articles brief. I need
to be able to paraphrases if need be.

That's it for now. I'm sure if these articles are anything like the topics that have submitted, Neo's News will only get better.

Let me see what you got!
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Dollow

Re: Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles Char Custo

Fans rally to get Toonami back on Cartoon Network for good

Everyone is pumped up with "Toonami Nostalgia"

as April 1st, 2012 has become know as "the night no 90's kids slept"
If you haven’t been living under a rock, every one of you nerdy friend has told you by know that Toonami returned last night on Cartoon Network. Steve Blum returned to once again voice TOM and numerous classic Toonami anime were shown during the Adult Swim block.

While this was a great nostalgic surprise, it left many wondering if this was just for tonight or would Toonami return next Saturday? Steve Blum released an official statement on his twitter saying that the Cartoon Network block is not back for good and if fans want it they should do something about it.

- 'For the record, Wikipedia, I did NOT say it’s here to stay. …But I sure hope so. Let ‘em know you want it, people.
Late. End Transmission. XO
T.O.M.'

Naturally, a huge movement has started to get Toonami back on the air permanently. There is even a petition that has started. You can sign it by visiting the link below and there is even a fanpage devoted to bring back Toonami:

Toonami Petition

Bring Back Toonami fanpage

You may be wondering, “hey, how can I help?” Good question. Obviously, sign the petition and you can even go straight to the source, Cartoon Network. Steve Blum recently posted on his official facebook fanpage about how you can do just that.

- 'Yo, Toonami Faithful…
Thanks for tuning in. Hope it kicked in some happy memories and kicked off a happy April! As you (hopefully) know, bringing Toonami back isn’t up to me. I’m just a voice guy. Many of you want to know how to make your voices heard. Maybe start here… http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/ Go to “programming” then “Toonami”
Love you guys from the bottom of my servos.'

So get out there and spread the word! Toonami isn't going to bring itself back. Check out the video below to see the intro of from last nights run of Toonami.
Even Adult Swin is encouraging it on their Twitter

UPDATE 04-04-2012

Adult Swim has tweeted that they
#BringBackToonami We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned.
Lets see if we can bring it back.
Last edited by Dollow on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
wielder

Mamoru Nagano's Gothicmade Slated for November 1
Hana no Utame Gothicmade, the directorial debut of Mamoru Nagano (Five Star Stories), will open in Japan on November 1. Nagano made the announcement at Anime Contents Expo on Sunday after planning to release it this spring. In addition to directing the feature film, Nagano conceived, wrote, storyboarded, and animated it.
Source:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... november-1
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
gundamtype0

I hope this really comes out. Captain Harlock TV series to be released on DVD:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -tv-series

Lego Tachikoma:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/13519
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

Ever wondered how much it cost ADV to license Guyver?
The answer contained within.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news ... ime-titles

Also it seems that Sojitz did kind of screw ADV over in the end.
jabman025

Bandai to open gundam themed fashion store.........get your federation blue jeans!........yes I'm serious

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... arel-store
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
gundamtype0

Not quite a cyberbrain attack, but pretty damn close:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17623948
Mekton GM

Capcom announces Lost Planet 3

http://www.destructoid.com/lost-planet- ... 5507.phtml
Lost Planet 3 was announced at a Capcom press event last week. This third game in the franchise is a prequel that moves back towards the game's foundations of extreme conditions, but with a new focus on survival and storytelling. The game follows Jim, a worker that leaves Earth to pilot a rig for a construction company that will prep the icy planet of E.D.N. III for colonization.

As you'll learn in our upcoming preview, Lost Planet 3 mixes first-person rig piloting with third-person on-foot shooting, and combinations of the two are possible. When you add this unique combat mix to strong characters and what seems to be a meaty back story, it looks like Lost Planet 3 will be a treat.

Lost Planet 3 will be released in early 2013 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
The only possible issue with the game is that its being developed by Spark Unlimited who are imfamously known for making Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Legendary, two of the worst games of this console generation; sparking fan rumors that Capcom is trying kill or hand off it's non-fighting game franchises citing the recently canceled Mega Man Legends 3. Please feel free to strait talk this one.
Last edited by Mekton GM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Koshernova

Voice actor Takeshi Aono passes away. His most well-known mecha-related roles were Colonel Campbell (Metal Gear series), Dr. Wily (Mega Man/Rockman), Admiral Murai (Legend of the Galactic Heroes), Shiro Sanada (Space Battleship Yamato, most productions) and Decepticon leader Deszaras (Transformers: Victory).

Aside from this, he also voiced Kami-Sama in all Dragon Ball series, and voiced a great number of characters for many major productions such as One Piece, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, and Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... asses-away
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Mekton GM

A creepy Okaku threatens to chop off anime writer's head

http://kotaku.com/5901638/crazy-person- ... iters-head
Noboru Aoi was not happy with Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai ("There's No Way My Sister Is That Cute"). After learning the email address of the light novel's writer, Tsukasa Fushimi, the 32 year-old Aoi sent email after email—over five hundred in total. In them, he threatened the writer's life.

The suspect apparently wrote things like "Die, poser", "I'm going to find out where you live", and "I'm make you regret this." He also supposedly sent an email threatening to slice off Fushimi's head. It seems that Aoi was upset over how the Gothic Lolita character Ruri Goko was portrayed in There's No Way My Sister Is That Cute. Police in Tokyo arrested Aoi for threatening the writer, and the suspect has apparently confessed to authorities.

There's No Way My Sister Is That Cute, which has spawned a manga and two anime, follows a high school student and his 14 year-old sister, who is into magical girl anime and erotic video games.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Vent Noir

A couple of pieces of Australian news:

Madman announces new acquisitions at Supanova Melbourne

Mecha titles are Star Driver and Aquarion EVOL

Madman release of Patlabor OVA indefinitely delayed
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Saber

Success of Gundam Unicorn Cancels Failure of Gundam AGE
According to Nikkei MJ, the rating of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE has been hovering around the 2% level. Although the main target of the TV series is preteen boys, the rating among the kids sometimes goes down to zero. Bandai has been aware of the unpopularity of Gundam AGE among kids and have tried to identify the reason by conducting a questionnaire. What they found from the survey was that kids today are unfamiliar with wars and space colonies. To draw the attentions of those kids, Bandai featured scenes at school in Asem's Arc, but their attempt failed to obtain the expected result.

Despite the failure of Gundam AGE, Ueno Kazunori, the President of Bandai Namco HD, has been keeping his composure with the business. At the beginning of this year, Ueno encouraged the disheartened staff of Gundam AGE by saying, "Don't be in panic." The reason for his calmness is the favorable status of the whole Gundam sales, which has grown by 18% year-on-year. The increase is mainly attributed to the success of Gundam Unicorn. Bandai Namco HD will expand the business by coordinating the subsidiary companies taking advantage of the popularity of Gundam Unicorn among fans in their 30-40s.

According to Nijigen Shinbun, a film project of Gundam AGE has been surfaced. The authenticity of the report is uncertain.
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

Sinanju Full Graphic T-Shirt to be released during this upcoming June. It costs around 70$, but I don't care. I never wanted a t-shirt that badly.
"Revenge for all those height gags. Every time he's called me "Hamster.""
"This is for every time you've been late and lost."
"All the times you drove into the back of my Cadillac."

The D.D.D. Podcast at your diservice.
wielder

Does anyone ever remember hearing about this project back in the day? Well...

Appleseed: Genesis TV Anime Lawsuits Settled
Radix & Micott reach agreement 3 years after initial dispute over canceled project

The entertainment company Wedge Holdings announced on Wednesday that the lawsuits between its subsidiary, the Radix mobanimation anime studio, and the production company Micott & Basara over the Appleseed: Genesis project have been settled. According to Radix, the two companies signed an agreement to produce a television anime series based on Masamune Shirow's Appleseed future paramilitary manga story on March 12, 2008.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ts-settled
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Saber

Not sure how important this is for you guys, but it sure is imporant for me :D

Toru Furuya to attend Connichi 2012 as guest of honor

Veteran voice actor Toru Furuya, best known as Amuro Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam, Mamoru Chiba from Sailor Moon and Yamcha from Dragonball, is to attend this year's Connichi convention in Kassel, Germany, from September 7th to the 9th. He will attend the opening and ending ceremonies and will be the host of a Q&A panel and an autographing session. It's the first time he's attending a German convention (to my knowledge).