The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

third verse, same as the first
Gelgoog Jager wrote:I just made a quick comparison and it seems to be a normal Type D Jegan, and not the early Jegan model seen in CCA.

So, do we have an idea of how much recycled equipment and parts does the Geara Zulu uses?

For example, the standard Geara Zulu backpack is quite similar to the one seen on the Zaku F2 and even to that of the more recent model kits of the standard MS-06F. But an even better candidate might be the compact backpack of the Zee Zulu, which is only visible after it ejects the large hydrojets on its back. Oddly enough, this backpack seems like something taken from the very first incarnations of the MS-06 as it has no visible thrusters.

We also know that Angelo's and one of the Heavy Weapons Type Geara Zulu 's from Gilboa's team had a compact version of the 90mm machinegun used by OYW Zeon MS.

Then we have in episode 4 that one of the Zee Zulus is firing physical rounds from its machinegun while the other one is firing beams. These remain constant during the fight. Probably a similiar case the beam rifle and machinegun of the GAT-01A1 and GAT-01A2R? (briefly discussed here), than thinking that the same rifle can fire both beams and physical ammunition.

The backpacks of the Heavy Weapons versions of the Geara Zulu and Geara Doga are also quite similar for two weapons that should work differently (large caliber ballistic cannon and high output beam cannon).

All these reused backpack weapon designs seem to indicate that the Geara Zulu was meant to use as much recycled equipment as possible, just as seen in the Royal Guard version which uses the Geara Doga's backpack.

A more interesting question would be if the older MS such as the Geara Doga can also use those weapons and backpacks. At least Full Frontal's custom Geara Doga seems to be able to use the Geara Zulu's rifle so far.

Finally, I found this image of some ground-use Geara Dogas from the Gihren's Greed series. As you can see, the standard Geara Doga backpack is has been replaced with a platform of sorts for loading containers. My personal guess is that there could be an unseen backpack, between the containers and the back of the MS, something like the one on the Black Tri-Stars MS-06S.

The point is, that maybe one of the above mentioned backpacks used by the Geara Zulu and Zee Zulu was also originally meant to be used by the Geara Doga, and might be concealed in a similar way as in the case of the MS-06S.
OGx3

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

i fund a image of full-frontal's costume geara doga
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _The11.jpg

also an image of Jegan with what seems to be standard EFSF or maybe a reference to http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/rgc-90.htm
picture http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _The12.jpg

also they have up dated the UC Game website http://uc.channel.or.jp/dlc/#dlcmovie

hope it helps
Zeeks up, Feddies down
that's hood talk for i like the Zeon more then the Federation
GlauG

OGx3 wrote: also an image of Jegan with what seems to be standard EFSF or maybe a reference to http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/rgc-90.htm

At a quick glance the description it's just based on the original GM's colours (which is probably what the Heavy Armour is coloured for too).
/( ‿‿ )\
balofo

New UC MSV:

SIlver Bullet Funnel Test Type

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51 ... wc1rj.jpg/

Just a single Fin Funnel?
Deacon Blues

Yes, it's just a giant funnel.
balofo

Full Frontal's Custom Geara Doga model number is AMS-119C. Cool, I guess.
OGx3

maybe its its 1 big mother-funnel is like the AMX-015 Geymalk and has some smaller funnels inside http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/zz/amx-015.htm
as for Fullfrontal's geara doga i was kid a disappointed because its just a regular geara doga with a red paint job. no special back pack or no special other gimic. as for it having a geara zulu rifle it is kinda weird because is the geara zulu weaponry and equipment just all old or did they have some geara zulus and did not use?
and i would have liked Fullfrontals costume ms to either a AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type or a AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/ams-119s.htm

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/ams-120x.htm
GlauG wrote:
OGx3 wrote: also an image of Jegan with what seems to be standard EFSF or maybe a reference to http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca-msv/rgc-90.htm

At a quick glance the description it's just based on the original GM's colours (which is probably what the Heavy Armour is coloured for too).

i kinda think it look like the gm command from gundam 0080

Mod Edit (Red): Please use the edit button instead of double posting.
Zeeks up, Feddies down
balofo

If they animate Episode 0 they'll give some cool gimmick to Frontal's Doga, at least I hope so.
OGx3

balofo wrote:If they animate Episode 0 they'll give some cool gimmick to Frontal's Doga, at least I hope so.
that would be nice to see
but first they have to make sure that fit everything into the last two episodes of Gundam Unicorn and i am still curios to how much is cannon in episode zero
Zeeks up, Feddies down
EleSigma

My guess is that the Jegan (Which according to the GundamGuy news blog is called the "Initial Deployment Type") is what the GM(G) was to the GM. Seeing as how the original RGM-89 Jegan was built exclusively for Londo Bell. I'm guessing the initial deployment type were the first Jegans? It would be nice if we could get a translation of the text on the image.
Deacon Blues

According to the specs, Frontal's Geara Doga is slightly smaller and a little heavier than the standard one.

OGx3, there's an edit button dude. Mods don't like double posting.
mcred23

EleSigma wrote:My guess is that the Jegan (Which according to the GundamGuy news blog is called the "Initial Deployment Type") is what the GM(G) was to the GM. Seeing as how the original RGM-89 Jegan was built exclusively for Londo Bell. I'm guessing the initial deployment type were the first Jegans? It would be nice if we could get a translation of the text on the image.
The basic RGM-89 Jegan wasn't exclusive to Londo Bell, and is already in much wider use than a pre-production unit like the GM [G]. We see it pretty widely deployed during CCA, being the only suit we see the EFSF deploy at Luna II and making up a large chunk of the reinforcements at the end of the film, coming from other regular units like the 88th Fleet. I would imagine the changes from the basic -89 to the -89D are probably minor performance things and other little upgrades (Don't they remove the spherical arm raker controls from everything by Unicorn? That could be one thing)...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
balofo

Looks like the ARX-014P is a AE experiment to try to fuse RX-93 and Gundam MK V technology. The only Fin Funnel is wired.
toysdream

A few interesting tidbits, courtesy of the game manual page scans just posted at AE Media...

RGM-79D Jegan (D Type Early Deployment): As the name suggests, this is just an early deployment of the D type, rather than of the Jegan in general. I guess this is a dodge to account for it showing up in a U.C. 0094 scenario.

ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type): A prototype created by Anaheim, based on captured Doven Wolf units. It was used mainly for testing the quasi-psycommu system, and also as a testbed for Federation funnel weapons (which makes me wonder if this is supposed to be an ancestor of the Nu Gundam and its fin funnels). The large wire-guided funnel on its back has a built-in generator.

MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai: Equipped with a "Nitro" psycommu system that gives even an ordinary soldier the fighting abilities of a Newtype. The "proto fin funnels" on its back look identical to the one on the Silver Bullet, so there seems to be a development link here.

MSN-006S Sinanju Stein: A prototype mobile suit developed to test the strength and responsiveness of the psycho-frame. Because it was meant to test the performance to its limits, it supposedly wasn't intended to be operated by a pilot, but in fact it was created for "a certain person" with abilities far beyond those of a normal human. Speaking of whom...

AMS-119C Full Frontal's Geara Doga: Higher thrust and improved responsiveness, naturally.

-- Mark
Strike Zero

So, the Delta Kai and the Silver Bullet both actually came before the Nu Gundam and were in fact test beds for the technology that went into it?

Huh.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
toysdream

Strike Zero wrote:So, the Delta Kai and the Silver Bullet both actually came before the Nu Gundam and were in fact test beds for the technology that went into it?
That seems like the natural implication of the term "proto fin funnel," yes, and the description of the ARX-014P does say that it served as a testbed for the Federation's own funnel technology.

And looking at the profile of the Silver Bullet that was published alongside the Bande Dessine serial, it does seem like it pre-dated the Nu Gundam. According to the profile:
After the first Neo Zeon War which broke out in U.C. 0088, the asteroid base Axis, which had been the stronghold of the Neo Zeon forces, was placed under the control of the Earth Federation government. At this point, several Doven Wolf units which remained there as reserve fighting strength were captured. These were transferred to Anaheim Electronics's Granada factory for technical research into the so-called quasi-psycommu system, a psycommu system which could be used even by ordinary soldiers who weren't Newtypes.
As the game manual says, the main purpose of the Silver Bullet was to test the quasi-psycommu system, so a lot of the Doven Wolf's extra built-in weapons were removed. By the time of Gundam Unicorn, it's already served its purpose, so these machines have been handed off to other AE-related companies and used for mock combat exercises.

I'd note that, if we're meant to see the Silver Bullet as part of the Nu Gundam's family tree, it does explain why the Nu is so huge - 22 meters, the same size as the Doven Wolf and Silver Bullet. This would also mean that the Gundam Mark V did end up leading back into the Gundam family tree after all. :-)

-- Mark
Calubin_175

Since the Sinanju Stein was designed to test the strength and responsiveness of the psycho-frame, were the 0093 era Psycho-Frame Mobile Suits intended to the same to a lesser extend, or were they more geared towards funnel usage?

As the Stein01 was regarded as an "origin stone", it makes me wonder that they created it to be overspec, even for the intended pilot Full Frontal, and it may even be stronger than the later modified Sinanju. According to the DLC mission dialogue, Full Frontal did say that its movement was a bit stiff and required modification to pilot it more easily. Even that High beam rifle was a bit too heavy and may not have suited the combat style of Frontal.

It also served as the precursor to the Unicorn's psycho-frame, so the difficult usability of the Stein's frame must not be too far from that of the Unicorn.

By the way, are these images really from the game manual or the Fukui novel?
nacho-wan

How long until Bandai does a HGUC Sinanju Stein? The Delta Gundam certainly opened the door for Gundam UC MSV and I bet this one would be pretty popular
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Deacon Blues

Those scans are from the novel. It basically says the same thing.