The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Overlord Zaru

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The episode was great, and this show proved wrong again. Heh.

Also, I did notice some strain between Emily and Flit. Emily was submissive/saddened at the prospect of Flit giving the AGE Device to Asem, mainly because she fears a repeat of what happens to Flit could happen to her own kid.

Hopefully Unoa will have an impact on this generation, although I think she may fill in the role of a Leina.

Zeheart seems...okay for now.
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Amion

VentZX wrote:
Amion wrote: Well, I will just have to say that I really disliked the op theme, but loved the ending. While I enjoyed the episode, I am having worries about how long it will take for the fighting to actually begin.
You don't have to wait long. The AGE-2 is scheduled to appear in episode 19, which will presumably be a time skip to when Asemu has graduated and enlists with the military. And don't get your hopes up for a Gundam jack.
But is that not what Zeheart came to do? At least he and his compatriots plan to observe the AGE Gundam. And I wasn't talking about a succesfull, big, explosive jack like in Destiny or even the original. The preview to episode 17 hints to a sneaky theft. That aside, the subs I watched might easily be wrong, and there won't be any attempt to pilfer the Gundam.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
ninshadow

I do not see the resemblance between Asemu and Kamille. First, Asemu is a good fighter, he comes from a well adjusted loving family and he is not angry about daddy not being around. He doesn’t suck his thumb and its not like anyone said “Asemu sounds like a girls name” then an enraged Asemu proceeded to punch the “Jerid” character in the face.

Moving on to Flit he seems to be a great father considering that he is the Supreme Commander of the Federation. Flit gave Asemu the Age Device for his birthday, you can compare that to getting car for your birthday instead of a Gundam which is much better.
Amion

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Unfortunately I'm going to have to disagree. I hate this new OP whereas I only disliked the first one. Oh and dual-wielding? C'mon Professor Grandpa, this ain't frakkin' World of WarCraft. :P :)
I know, I really disliked that reference. From anyone other than Vargas, it might not have been as bad. However, remember that he was just surprised, and using two blades in combat is different from usign just one, as it requires a different form of fighting style.

Also, I agree that the OP is not my cup of tea either, I downright hated it, actually.
yazi88

I find the image in the ED of Flit (minis the stache) in a pilot suit and smiling while young Asemu wearing his helmet a very touchy and heart warming scene. No doubt that their family relationship is pretty good, kinda reminds me of Mamoru's interactions with his parents from Gaogaigar in terms of a healthy relationship. Add in a little sister to boot.

Although, like Emily its pretty obvious to tell who Asemu's wife and Kio's mother is going to be. Especially by face and character design, even more so than with Asemu and Emily.
teslashark

Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
yazi88

teslashark wrote:http://imgcache.ktxp.com/attachments/mo ... rj7Uon.jpg
Two formulae for the next kid.
I don't get the part with Asemu's sister Unoa since it's already confirmed that Kio is ASEMU's kid, not Unoa's son. Although, it would be interesting IF she had a kid during 3rd Gen arc.
zerogradius

Remember that part of Emily's thinking have been changed in the first generation, where she opted to follow Flit on the Diva out of love. Aside from that, she likely already knows, its probable they've already discussed it beforehand.
Emily has regressed too much. When the fighting began she would tell Flit how she felt and did display her displeasure when he contradicted her. Now it seems she goes along with whatever he says. I'm guessing she's doing that because she almost lost him to Yurin and would have had she not died.
Flit's probably following the "men must protect the family", that probably mean's hell pass it to his oldest son. A more interesting hypothetical scenario if he never bore one, though I guess if he panics he can always use techniques to ensure that his next child is a son; if for example he's that much againts giving the AGE Device to a female that is.
His mom passed the Age device to him, so his thinking is flawed. Also, I noticed that he said hardly a word to Emily and nothing to his daughter. It was all about Asemu. I hope he isn't putting too much emphasis on making his son succeed him and is ignoring the rest of his family. I guess we'll see as time progresses.

On a side note, I would not mind if his daughter ended up being the mother of the kid for the next generation instead of Asemu. No one would expect that, though I'm positive that would never happen.
hotlimit

zerogradius wrote:It was all about Asemu. I hope he isn't putting too much emphasis on making his son succeed him and is ignoring the rest of his family. I guess we'll see as time progresses.
LOL, prepare for his sister to show up in the 2nd-to-last episode in a giant fake Psycho Gundam, claiming to be his sister a la Rosamia, except this time it'll almost make sense. "WAHHH Daddy always liked you the most!!!"
nacho-wan

How come Flint takes the military's greatest weapon and hides in his family state?! In twenty years nobody asked where the Gundam was? Did Flint went Grudek-like and said that his MS was thrashed during the battle. Aside from that, I liked the episode.

Me and my brothers laughted when Flint gives Asuno the Age device and his son doesn't know what it is. We thought that he might try a Kamen Rider henshin thing!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Amion

I am still thinking over how Flit's manipulation of his son is going to turn out. The ED from the first gen had Emily prominantly displayed and gave the impression she was always there with Flit, but never involved. With Asemu, we get a similar feel, as if he is being forced into a destiny he does not approve of.

On the other hand, he does not have a problem with fighting, and seems to get a slight pleasure out of putting bullies in their place. That said, maybe becoming a soldier won't be so hard. Question is, with this being a more classic love triangle within Gundam, will his love interest become a pilot as well? Doubtful and outlandish yes, but if so, bad things are in store for Asemu. Moreover, I personally think there is something to Asemu's sister, as now there is another viable individual who could produce the heir for third gen, however unlikely. And at this point my theories are based soley on conjecture.
Strike Zero

Just saw the ep. -- really great stuff. The only part that kinda threw me off was LOLWTF why was the AGE-1 in a freaking barn?! :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arsarcana

Unless they're trolling us, Unoa can't be the parent of our 3rd Gen protagonist (as interesting a twist as that might be) because the official site quite clearly states that Kio is Asem's son. If it had said 'Flit's grandson' that would be another matter.
Dark Duel

It's a stable, not a barn - you could hear horses when Flit was in it. Plus the title of the ep is "The Gundam in the Stable."
But anyway.

That was SERIOUSLY COOL. Not just the evident fact that Asem has preexisting experience with smaller mobile suits (like Kamille or Banagher), but the fact that even with that, he was kind of sucking for the first few moments.
Then he calmed down, got serious, and started kicking some major arse. Dual-wielding the beam sabers was a nice touch, but even without that he had some pretty sweet moves for a rookie.
I like Asem so far. Looking forward to him unleashing some major asskickery in the AGE-2 in a few episodes.

I wonder if the AGE-1's wear parts, the Titus and Spallow, have been rebuilt. Probably not, but it'd be interesting to see how Asem'd handle the latter, given how he used the AGE-1 Normal.
I didn't really see a whole lot of differences in the Gundam's appearance from how it was originally; the shoulders are a little more rounded off, but at a glance that's really all I noticed. I guess the improvements Vargas mentioned are mostly under the hood, as it were.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
zetatype

ninshadow wrote:I do not see the resemblance between Asemu and Kamille. First, Asemu is a good fighter, he comes from a well adjusted loving family and he is not angry about daddy not being around. He doesn’t suck his thumb and its not like anyone said “Asemu sounds like a girls name” then an enraged Asemu proceeded to punch the “Jerid” character in the face.
Asemu is more like a less angry Kamille. I think what most people notice is the fact that in episode one of Zeta Gundam, Kamille picked a fight with the Titian pilots shortly after being introduced and the same thing happened with Asemu except with bullies. Kamille was actually a pretty good fighter, despite the fact he got beat up, he did take on trained military personal as opposed to a bunch of school bullies.

The second thing people notice is the obsession with mobile suits. In Zeta Gundam, Kamille was a mobile suit junkie and a winner of the junior mobile suit contest at his school two years in a row. In AGE, Asemu is a mobile suit junkie and is about to enter a mobile suit competition, which he won last year. Also since Asemu has piloted smaller mobile suits you can argue that made it easier for him to pilot the Gundam when he first got into it, much like Kamille.

While Asemu has a pretty good relationship with his father compared to Kamille, you can tell that there is some tension between the Asemu and Flit, and I have a strong feeling that they will be butting heads with each other somewhere down the road.

There is also the fact that Asemu is the second gundam pilot protagonist of the AGE saga, much like how Kamille was the second gundam pilot of the Universal Century. Not to mention the AGE-2 Gundam is transformable like the Zeta and the face is somewhat of a throw back to the Zeta Gundam face which had no mouth and had a longer chin.

So while Asemu is definitely no carbon copy of Kamile, there are a few subtle traits that some fans usually associate with Kamille. Oh and Kamille never sucked his thumb, he was chewing on his fingernails.
DuelGundam2099

Zeta Gundam face which had no mouth and had a longer chin.
When did gundams other than Devil Gundam have an actual mouth? That and it should be worth pointing out that Zeta is to date the only protagonist gundam to date whose chin is not red. Before I here anyone bring up Turn X, take a hard look at the underlined word in the last sentence. :P
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:It's a stable, not a barn - you could hear horses when Flit was in it. Plus the title of the ep is "The Gundam in the Stable."
But why was it even in a stable in the first place? I mean, that's just weird.

Like, you're so adamant about not letting anybody except an Asuno pilot the most advanced Earth mobile suit that you going hide it under a giant mountain of hay instead of using it to blow up Martians.

I mean, that's kinda dumb, man. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arsarcana

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Before I here anyone bring up Turn X, take a hard look at the underlined word in the last sentence. :P
Nobody's likely to bring up Turn X because it's not a Gundam.
Strike Zero wrote:But why was it even in a stable in the first place? I mean, that's just weird.
Because last episode we were told the title of this episode was 'The Gundam in the Stable'. The Powers That Be clearly ordained that it would be in a stable a week/several decades beforehand so Flit really didn't have a choice in the matter. :D

Serious answer: Dunno, we'll see if they explain it later on. How long was it really sitting there anyways?
VentZX

Strike Zero wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:It's a stable, not a barn - you could hear horses when Flit was in it. Plus the title of the ep is "The Gundam in the Stable."
But why was it even in a stable in the first place? I mean, that's just weird.

Like, you're so adamant about not letting anybody except an Asuno pilot the most advanced Earth mobile suit that you going hide it under a giant mountain of hay instead of using it to blow up Martians.

I mean, that's kinda dumb, man. :lol:
1. It's Flit's (i.e. - The Asuno family's) Gundam. Not the Federation's.
2. It can only be operated with the AGE device. Flit isn't handing that thing over to anyone other than his direct descendant.
3. Flit is a part of the military and is over seeing the development of MS using data collected from the Gundam.
4. And last, but not least, Flit foresaw that the colony would likely be attacked, and left it there for Asem to use in order to protect it.

All in all, it's probably just part of Flit's plan to get Asem to join the military and fight like he did in the past.
Amion wrote:But is that not what Zeheart came to do? At least he and his compatriots plan to observe the AGE Gundam. And I wasn't talking about a succesfull, big, explosive jack like in Destiny or even the original. The preview to episode 17 hints to a sneaky theft. That aside, the subs I watched might easily be wrong, and there won't be any attempt to pilfer the Gundam.
For trying to "steal" the gundam, those Dorados sure looked like they were trying to destroy it. More than likely that's what they are trying to do. Vagan technology far outclasses Earth's, so it doesn't really make sense for them to try and steal it. Also, supposedly the AGE-1 is
Spoiler
destroyed in a battle against the Zedas R.
HellCat

Something to consider with Flit's thinking- we've only seen his mother. There have been a few passing references to a father but all we know for sure is that Flit watched his mother die alone with no father there to help her. If his father was indeed absent, it's quite possible this led to Flit feeling the men of a family should be there to protect it from attackers. Yes, it's a very Japanese mindset and it is dissapointing he seemingly has no such ambitions for his daughter, but there is a logical chain. If anything, it may be that this is a task that he feels the need to pass on but not a positive one. At the end of the episode he does say he wanted to give Asemu the power so he wouldn't face the same tragedy he did, of having no power to protect those he cared about.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.