The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk IV

He must have tagged it wrong... Amazon Japan says 70 minutes for the DVD and Blu-Ray.
Chris
Administrator

JacobYBM wrote:North American Blu-ray specifications.

Does that say eighty minutes for the run time? O.o
Let's not get too excited about that. Starting with volume 2, each Unicorn Blu-ray includes about 22 minutes of video features that were offered on BD-Live for the previous volume. So you take the 58 minutes for an episode, add the extra 22 and you get 80. Unless they get more specific and say that 80 minutes is for the main feature alone, don't assume this episode will be longer than normal.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amadi Akintunde

Gundam Unicorn Original Soundtrack 2 Image and Track Listing
Track Listing:

1. EGO
2. DESTROY-SELF SACRIFICE
3. MORE
4. MAD-NUG
5. THE BATTLE
6. 0001
7. SINANJU
8. MARTHA
9. 0-G:EP1
10. CAPTURE
11. OYM-PF
12. F2
13. SILENT
14. DESERT
15. MOBILE SUIT <W-REC MIX>
16. MOBILE ARMOR
17. REMIND YOU
18. DAGUZA
Sume Gai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mRbi0z9 ... r_embedded#!

English version of Episode 4 trailer #2. Bright is apparently voiced by Christopher Corey Smith who sounds good IMO if lacking a certain edge that I liked about Chris Kalhoon's performance

Loni on the other hand is voiced by Karen Strassman, Hopefully she'll show us what that Badass mother of a Mobile Armor can do.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
NastyNate

Finally a pre order.
http://store.bandai-ent.com/Mobile_Suit ... 620140.htm

Looks like it went 10 dollars down from the $50 last time to $40...Hey it helps.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
NastyNate

So with the fake Mirneva being in zeta and double zeta. Do we know if the Mirniva (Audry Byrne) is the real one?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Imperial

NastyNate wrote:So with the fake Mirneva being in zeta and double zeta. Do we know if the Mirniva (Audry Byrne) is the real one?
It appears we are dealing with the genuine article. She talks as if she's the true, blue Minerva Lao Zabi, and everyone acts accordingly.

Of course, for reasons you point out (although I don't think the switch actually happens until some time in ZZ), it's entirely possible we have another red herring on our hands. The issue will likely remain at least a touch murky due to Haman's fakery unless the novels have something decisive to say about it.
This space for rent
Deacon Blues

Ugh, if that's the first six minutes of the episode, this series is shaping up to have more holes in it than swiss cheese. Why is it so hard for them to adapt a novel series so easily? Christ, Fukui spelt EVERY little detail out for them.
flamingtroll

Deacon Blues wrote:Ugh, if that's the first six minutes of the episode, this series is shaping up to have more holes in it than swiss cheese. Why is it so hard for them to adapt a novel series so easily? Christ, Fukui spelt EVERY little detail out for them.
I thought Fukui himself had a hand in the anime adaptation. What i hope more is that they wouldn't take out the Shambloo destroying the "twin tower" scene just because it might still be "too soon". Dakar is also a little too green and Japanese looking
J-Lead

Goddammit, am I the only one who's really begrudged that those two Nemos got their shit wrecked by that sixteen year old catastrophe that barely made the production lines?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Kratos

Deacon Blues wrote:Ugh, if that's the first six minutes of the episode, this series is shaping up to have more holes in it than swiss cheese. Why is it so hard for them to adapt a novel series so easily? Christ, Fukui spelt EVERY little detail out for them.
The holes could be filled in the remaining 54 minutes, of course.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
E08

J-Lead wrote:Goddammit, am I the only one who's really begrudged that those two Nemos got their ZOINKS wrecked by that sixteen year old catastrophe that barely made the production lines?
Perhaps it is because they are so rare that the Nemo pilots did not know what to expect.
Raiden

Interesting to see Ra Calium has ANOTHER ReGZ in their hangar with the Jestas. Wonder whos gonna use it though, if it will be that is.
NastyNate

The first 6 minutes are all little rushed to the action. I hope they are pulling the going on right now then flash back to yesterday, thing because I would like to know where we are and why are we attacking.

Zeonista

Ah, so the Tristars are based on Ra Callium! It makes sense in the fashion of Gundam. Shambloo makes a nice sea dragon, don't you all agree?
J-Lead wrote:Goddammit, am I the only one who's really begrudged that those two Nemos got their ZOINKS wrecked by that sixteen year old catastrophe that barely made the production lines?
Perhaps it is because it's often the man, not the machine, that obtains the victory. EFF pilots seem to be perpetually under-trained in close combat. The GM III pilot with the beam spear is obviously the most skilled of the lot, and experienced (or at least practiced) in dealing with enemy machines up close. Too many Feddy pilots act like they don't know what to do when the enemy is not immediately downed in a hail of gunfire. Then too, the Zeon pilot also seemed quite adept at the controls of his alleged catastrophe.

NastyNate: Perhaps the beginning is meant to be a stirring in media res scene, which will be explained when the story reaches that point later on.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Ouroboric

I'm looking forward to seeing this episode,I'm always up for seeing Gm's getting blown away. I agree with NastyNate in that i really want to know
Spoiler
why they were attacking Dakar.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
NastyNate

I think everything is going to turn out great in the episode as far as storys holes. We had better not judge the whole episode by the first 6 minutes or Chris will have another nasty Strait Talk Express about judging an episode we have not seen.

Ouroboric

Well i have nothing but high hopes for this OVA, easily the best opening hour of any Gundam show. Episodes two and three were good as well, but i think how great the first one was made me appreciate them a bit less. By far the most interesting battle scenes of any Gundam series, keeping it fast paced and looking quite spectacular, without removing that traditional gritty UC vibe. The plot and characters have already been developed really well. And the Zabi princess has to be the best female lead in any Gundam show so far.
Last edited by Ouroboric on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
NastyNate

Ouroboric wrote: And the Zabi princess has to be the best female lead in any Gundam show so far either.
Woah I don't know about that. Tiffa, Rain Mikimora, Elle, elpeo puru, Dianna Sorei, Roux, and Haman, Marida, and leinna got her beat in my opinion. Also Chris from 0080, Lacus was pretty cool, Sayla, Fraw Bo where very likeable and well developed. That fed soldier girl from chars counterattack that piloted the mobile suit with amuro was cool.