2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Outlaw

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

All that information and the only thing I can think about is the emblem on Katina's Gespenst. Yeah, I'm weird I know. :)
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Bonesy!

hey I think that it's neat that they finally decided to do sprites detailed enough to show logos on suits and whatnot

it is also neat that my choice in MX mechs is slightly justified lol, I just couldn't choose but I ended up going with Garm my save died so I went with cerberus when I started playing again
Dark Duel

Outlaw wrote:All that information and the only thing I can think about is the emblem on Katina's Gespenst. Yeah, I'm weird I know. :)
Maybe, but Katina's Gespenst is freakin' awesome.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
angelwingzero

Here's a translation of the story blurb that was reposted on Gamefaqs:

"From Hokuto on the SA forums:

The age known as the Space Era.
Some time has passed since the end of the fights against aliens and visitors from parallel worlds...

Aidoneus Island, in the Marquesas Archipelago in the South Pacific, the landing point of "Meteor 3," the meteor that the alien Aerogators sent long ago, as well as the primary headquarters of the military association known as the "Divine Crusaders (DC)," who threw the Earth Sphere into chaos...
The oceanic area around it has been blocked off, and for a time, it has vanished from the stage of history.

But behind that stage's curtain, a certain plan has been steadily proceeding.

That plan is to have a special task force which uses ISA tactics (Blitzkrieg operations using mobile battleships that fill the role of an aircraft carrier, and the humanoid mobile weapons placed on board such battleships) and acts according to the will of the President of the Earth Federation Government...
It is established under the codename, "GS."

"GS" is a military organization independent of the Earth Federation Army, and its primary mission is to carry out special presidential orders concerning military problems.
In addition, refortification of Aidoneus Island has been proceeding under the direction of the president's two aides, and on that island, a variety of project deliverables, many new weapons, have been being gathered.
However, the true nature of "GS" is being kept secret, and on the surface, it has been designated as an experimental squadron for new weapons.

Will "GS" be a new sword to protect the Earth Sphere?
The story begins with a lone young boy fleeing from Aidoneus Island..."

It sound like the Titans era of OG is beginning, but I hope they take it in a different direction than people may be expecting.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
DuelGundam2099

Sounds like they just set a meteor site under quarantine.
It sound like the Titans era of OG is beginning
Sounds more like SEELE from Evangelion especially since Medius Locus/AI1 have a high chance of appearing.
angelwingzero

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Sounds like they just set a meteor site under quarantine.
It sound like the Titans era of OG is beginning
Sounds more like SEELE from Evangelion especially since Medius Locus/AI1 have a high chance of appearing.
Whatever, it's "evil organization in charge time". I hope the Hagane/Hiryu crew go pirate like the end of F91 and then Crossbone. Kinda turn the trope on it's ear.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Kuruni

Suddenly, I heard Joshua shout "My sister can't be this cute!".
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mu La Flaga

Your link doesn't seem to work when I opened it in a new tab.
angelwingzero

Alright, Lamia confirmed back in the Angelg, Mai in the ART-1, Cliana Rimskaya in the Blanche Neige. Ales Geist piloted by Duvan Org and Medius Locus piloted by Albero (and probably Eldy) are enemies of course.

Here's a link to a Silicon Era article: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/31/cl ... taisen-og/

It confirms Cliana and says that seven new series will make their debut in this game. It also has a release date of September 29.
Outlaw

Dark Duel wrote:Maybe, but Katina's Gespenst is freakin' awesome.
Indeed! But I like the Gespenst in general so I'm bias. Based on its appearance (and not to mention Katina's personality) I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it will be akin to the Gespenst S-Type.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Outlaw wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Maybe, but Katina's Gespenst is freakin' awesome.
Indeed! But I like the Gespenst in general
Agreed. It's too bad I found it to be largely useless in the OG games (the Ultimate Gespenst Kick was bad@$$, but.....), and it was even more bloody useless in A.C.E. They keep tarnishing the Gespenst's name. >.> Thank god it seems like they rectify that in OG 2nd.
Mark064

Most were garbage, no flying, no great weapons, etc. But pretty much any Gespenst Gilliam piloted was awesome, especially in Original Generations and Gespenst Mark II Kai in Original Generation Gaiden. However since we're getting the Gespenst Mark II Kai in the new game it'll probably be crap in comparison.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Dark Duel

Not that I'll ever play it :cry: , but I'm rather hoping Gilliam's Type-RV shows up and remains as kickass as it's been so far.
Love that freakin' thing - probably my favorite Gespenst other than Katina's new MkII Kai.
(Russell's and Kai's new rides are cool too)

Yeah, I love the Gespenst.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
angelwingzero

Since they're bringing back the ART-1, I hope they make an ART-2 and Art-3 as well. Having Mai lead a second "SRX" team would be a nice way to change things up between her and Ryusei, especially if the ART units were under the GS (that is that the big bad organization is called this time right?)
Kuruni

My Sister Can't be This Cute! with [better quality.

There is slight change to Rim's costume.
My girlfriend was a loli.
angelwingzero

Kuruni wrote:My Sister Can't be This Cute! with [better quality.

There is slight change to Rim's costume.
The site was updated with that same stuff. Go over there for the best quality images, though no actual gameplay yet.
Mu La Flaga

angelwingzero wrote:Since they're bringing back the ART-1, I hope they make an ART-2 and Art-3 as well. Having Mai lead a second "SRX" team would be a nice way to change things up between her and Ryusei, especially if the ART units were under the GS (that is that the big bad organization is called this time right?)
You know actually mentioning the ART-1 and all makes me wonder IF they are slowly getting some things ready for a sequel if it follows the Alpha 3 storyline of having the SRX destroyed in a fight and replaced with the Banpreios.

The nice thing would be is if the Banpreios can seperate unlike it's Alpha 3 version.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Mu La Flaga wrote:You know actually mentioning the ART-1 and all makes me wonder IF they are slowly getting some things ready for a sequel if it follows the Alpha 3 storyline of having the SRX destroyed in a fight and replaced with the Banpreios.

The nice thing would be is if the Banpreios can seperate unlike it's Alpha 3 version.
Well I think it's safe to assume that we'll get the 3rd Alpha story, since they're hitting pretty much all of the OG stories and if I recall right the SRX team is one of the franchise's top Banpresto originals. We'll just end up having to wait a while for it. (we had to wait almost 4 years for 2nd OG after OG Gaiden's release..... :()

As for the Banpreios baing seperable, I would also guess that's safe to assume too; 3rd Alpha already had a ton of mechs in it, so they probably had to cut down a bit on mech number to avoid overloading the already lengthy roster.
DuelGundam2099

I wonder if they'll ever throw in the Guests from 4/F/F Final, they could easily be the Ze Balmary Empire's enemies and replace the Buff Clan from Alpha 3. As for this game though, I'm more curious as to whether or not they'll throw in stuff from J or W.
Mu La Flaga

Shinji103 wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:You know actually mentioning the ART-1 and all makes me wonder IF they are slowly getting some things ready for a sequel if it follows the Alpha 3 storyline of having the SRX destroyed in a fight and replaced with the Banpreios.

Well I think it's safe to assume that we'll get the 3rd Alpha story, since they're hitting pretty much all of the OG stories and if I recall right the SRX team is one of the franchise's top Banpresto originals. We'll just end up having to wait a while for it. (we had to wait almost 4 years for 2nd OG after OG Gaiden's release..... :()

As for the Banpreios baing seperable, I would also guess that's safe to assume too; 3rd Alpha already had a ton of mechs in it, so they probably had to cut down a bit on mech number to avoid overloading the already lengthy roster.
That is it, since it's not like the squad system couldn't have handled 3 R Machines and the R-Gun Powered in one squad.