4GFFG: Round Three: Neo Spain Neo Switzerland

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
mcred23

4GFFG: Round Three: Neo Spain Neo Switzerland

The second fight of Round Three is Neo Spain vs Neo Switzerland at the Tri Islands.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
thatguyent

Re: 4GFFG: Round Three: Neo Spain Neo Switzerland

"Alright, you've got this kid, just keep your head on straight," the military officer Santos Angelo Acosta spoke over the comm to the young Neo Spanish Knight. He had seen how shaken young Caleb was while preparing for this match back at the Neo Spanish embassy that morning, and he would not allow the young man's self confidence to falter.

So he'd let the Leónprincipe take a pretty substantial amount of damage in his last fight. He'd still performed rather well considering he'd been fighting the famous Prince Schlotiem of Neo Luxembourg. Although that was also a different story altogether from today.

Today they were facing a much different type of opponent.

The remote weapon using Wizard Gundam piloted by Marcella Varme would be a much different story in battle. It would take all of Caleb's wits and skills in battle, along with those of his Falcon partner Hattori to defeat this woman. That, and it would take the strictly raised young man getting over his antiquated code of ethics about striking someone of the fairer sex out of his head as well.

That was what was worrying the elder military officer the most.

Would Sir Caleb actually be able to strike down a woman?

"Gundam Fight..."

Came the voice of the young knight in question, as he braced the Leónprincipe with beam dirk and beam rapier extended at the left and right sides respectively, of the Gundam. The four Pájaro de la Verdad bird of prey resembling bits launched from their hidden shoulder encampments upon the pauldrons of the Leónprincipe, taking up an almost vulture like circling of the entire battlefield in swift order.

Standing on the furthest south of the three islands, Caleb rose his head to the air and let out his final call. A roaring timbre to his voice removing all the doubts Captain Santos had possessed from his mind in that very moment. "READY GO!!!!"
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
Tangerine

Closing a book she just read inside the cockpit, Marcella lazily warmed up his body with a little bit of stretching here and there while storing the book neatly in its place.

“At least this one knows some etiquette," said Marcella to herself without turning on her radio while finishing her preparation.

“GUNDAM FIGHT!” echoed at the Tri Island. Her second fight in this arena.

“READY GO!!” said her opponent in the radio.

Wizard readied its staff and few Bits already flying around her.

“Well don’t keep me waiting..” she said to the radio cheerfully. “be a good lad and come to me, I promise I’ll be gentle with you Mr Spanish Knight.”
thatguyent

"I wouldn't dare, lady Marcella," came the voice of the young knight in response to his opponent, as he launched himself head long in to a full force dash toward the water line. His suit was capable of short term flight if neccesary, if he recalled the Birds of Truth and used their own built in thrusters to augment his own, but he would prefer to keep this fight on the ground.

The Wizard had the edge in aerial battle, not just do to its lighter weight, but its larger number of Bits as well. In the air, without the cover of the rocks and trees, Caleb would be an open target for the remote weapons in the air. On the ground he could defend himself better, and his own agility and speed would be much easier to take advantage of if his thrusters weren't busy holding the Leonprincipe aloft.

As he darted the young knight prayed with in his cockpit. A silent prayer. Asking god for forgiveness for his actions against the code of honor that he had sworn his sword to when he joined the Knighthood. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

"Forgive me milady," the young Knight called. Leaping in to the air with a short thruster aided bursting stride, which easily vaulted him from the Southern most island toward the one 'pon which the Wizard Gundam and its Fighter awaited him. Coming down in a roll, Caleb's limbs tucked in ward, his blades having be deactivated in the leap, as not to damage the Mobile Fighter upon its landing.

As the Leonprincipe came back up, Caleb lunged. His blade ignited, extending outward for the throat of the Wizard. Though it would be a quick victory if the strike was successful, Caleb knew it would cause little harm to the Gundam Fighter, and cost little effort or resources for the Neo Swiss government to repair. Always trying to be the gentleman, as he was, Caleb's goal was to always cause as little harm to his opponents as possible. Swift decisive victories, with little blood shed. That was his goal as a fighter.

He wasn't a soldier. Like Ivor of Neo Russia. Or Kydan of Neo Kurdistan.

He also wasn't a warrior like Neo Greece's Polynikes.

He was a Knight. While one might argue that was the same thing, a knight was never one to enjoy the act of doing battle.

The joust, or a contest of swordsmanship maybe, but harming another, that was something a knight did out of necessity. Not enjoyment. Not for their pay, or for the blood. A knight fought for his people, his flag, and his King, or Queen, whichever might sit upon the throne which he bowed to.

Watching all this from the control room of the "Lion's Throne" vessel, Sir Mario, the uncle of Neo Spain's Gundam fighter smiled heartily. "I am proud to call that boy my blood."

The eldest of the Wounded Lion Order's present knights said in a voice just above a whisper. Which brought a smirk from his two fellow knights, Dame Malia, and Sir Miguel. They too were proud to call Caleb their comrade. For no other Gundam fighter in the world carried the purity of heart that all three saw in that boy.

"Give 'em hell Sir Caleb!!!" Came a cheer from the crowd of Neo Spanish soldiers, which caused an uproar of laughter through out the vessel.

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
Tangerine

Caleb did bide his sweet time rather generously. As he was crossing the ground and the lake to reach her, Marcella already deployed her net. The trap was already in place, primed, ready and now Caleb just took the bait.

The trap sprang into action.

Marcella heart raced happily when the blade connects to a lump of hard ice. One of her latest Ice Golem summons which has the same appearances as her Wizard Gundam. Even as its throat melted it still launched itself against the Leonprincipe and held it tight with both hands.

“Welcome to Switzerland!” she exclaimed happily as 5 of her bits fired their cold white beam from their hiding positing in 5 directions. What looks like a large bush, a cluster of trees or a giant rock were actually her bits hiding places. But the real Wizard Gundam was still out of sight.
thatguyent

"It wont be that easy milady," Caleb called out, his voice enhanced by the loud speaker of his Gundam. "EL ESPADA DEL PRINCIPE!"

The beam blade of the Leonprincipe doubled in width as extra power was poured in to it from the verbal command given by the young Knight. Caleb's eyes narrowed as he looked to his falcon partner Hattori, who assisted with his own aerial strikes, copied by his four mechanical clones upon the battlefield. Soon the ice like grip of the golem had been destroyed, and the Lion Prince dashed forward. The five icy beams collided in the spot where his Gundam had only moments earlier waited, and Caleb grimaced within his cockpit. Apparently this woman was not the type to play the gentleman with.

"The cold shoulder I see." Caleb mocked his opponent, trying to gain her ire so that she might actually show herself and even the odds. "Why don't you come give me a target..."

The young Gundam fighter sighed, having given the hand signal for Hattori and his flight of Pájaro De La Verdad to hunt down their opponent's bits. He would not be taken by surprise like that by the Wizard and lady Varme again.

Tangerine

Marcella laughed watching how Caleb escaped from her little trap. The Bits were undamaged in any sort and most were already returning back to her. Fighting twice on the same place gave Marcella some edge.

".. don't you come give me a target..."

Marcella who wasn’t really paying attention to the radio chatter somehow catch the word target. “Target? You want a target?” she chuckled thinking about several possibilities.

“Very well, my Spanish Knight I’ll give you a target,” as if the skies followed her words, clouds and clouds arrived at the scene. Getting thicker and blackened within seconds and soon a thunder was heard. One of many that will follow together with the sudden arrival of heavy rainfall across the Tri-Islands arena. Darkness shrouded the arena.

“Are you familiar with the old Greek legend?” A giant whirlpool appeared in the center of the man made lake. Cold winds could be felt as Marcella completed her summoning rite. “Let me introduce you to the sea god of old, Poseidon!”

A thundering voice was heard inside the whirlpool and soon a monster more than 40 meters tall appeared from the lake. It has thick white icy scales all over its body, half giant half nagas with no legs but fin tails. The giant body was muscled grotesquely with broad shoulder and monstrous arms. Both gigantic hands held the famous Trisula. Against all odds, the head part was smaller. The head rested there like a decoration. A graceful old human with face, wise, stern, and angered crowned with ice circlet and gems

It shrieked and howled before charging down to Caleb.

“Lemme translate what he said,” Marcella giggle could be heard, “Who dares to challenge me!”

“Good luck, kid. Have fun and don’t forget to watch your back. Wizard and my Bits are very competitive,” she ended it with another laugh as Poseidon hammered his gigantic ice solid Trisula against Leonprincipe while Wizard Gundam’s shadow appeared for a second between the trees.
thatguyent

"Its just another ice creature Caleb, remember, we went over this in preparation for the finals. The thing isn't any more the real god of the sea then you or I," Malia spoke in to the comm. link to her obviously shaken friend. She wouldn't allow Caleb to be cornered so easily, within but minutes of the match beginning. She should have studied his last opponent more closely, but unfortunately for her all previous attempts at gaining further data regarding the Schlotiem family's prince, and his Gundam had been for not. She couldn't crack their security, which was saying something. All she'd had to go by regarding that unit was basic public knowledge.

This was different.

With Neo Switzerland she had been able to bribe here, and steal there. While no amount of studying the gathered intelligence could tell her whether the woman really used magic of some sort, or if her Mobile Fighter's weapons somehow worked around the incantations she sometimes used in battle, they did tell her one thing. The ice summons were fallible. Thus, her statement, that this newest summon was no god. Everything she had previously summoned had been able to take damage, where mythological gods such as Posiden were infallible beings. Caleb had nothing of which to be worried about. While he fought the giant creature, Hattori would find their second target easily enough.

Caleb took heart of his intelligence liaison's words with a shake of his head, and a bracing of his legs. That giant trisula, while maybe not gundarium, was still huge and could do quite a lot of damage if it struck. So his first step was to dash to the left. After the earth shook beneath his feet, both figuratively, through his Gundam's legs, and literally, once transferred to his own feet through the mobile trace system, Caleb sprung upward. He had braced his legs hard in to the earth before the massive ice weapon struck, and timed his jump to coincide with the weapon's collision, thinking that a weapon of that size and dimension would be unwieldy at best, even if it were built for one of human dimensions, he hoped the creature couldn't bring it up again too swiftly.

Landing atop the shaft of the weapon, Caleb went in to a low crouching run, slashing deep gouges in to the staff portion of the trisula as he went. Hopefully when he reached the arm of the beast and kicked hard against the wrist, the weapon would fall, and the gouges would cause it to shatter. That however was not the end of the Knight's counter. "You bring giants to play with me, well as the Knights of the folk tales of ye old lore would, I shall slay your Giant milady. Then, your turn shall come soon enough. For while you may hide from me, Hattori's eyes are not so easily fooled."

Caleb said, both in truth, and in an attempt once again to psyche out his opponent. He wanted to shake her faith in her little parlor tricks so that she would attempt to enter more direct combat with him. While her mobile fighter was of unique and effective design, it wasn't a match for the Leonprincipe should they enter melee combat. Which also reminded Caleb of his opponent's fighting style. While she was schooled in fencing, of the typical European incarnation, she was no Knight. She didn't study day in and day out the use of the sword as an extension of oneself. Though if she did, she still probably wouldn't be accustomed to a straight fist fight, were Caleb to drop his blades and rush in. She was of noble bearing after all. Swiss nobles didn't learn the martial arts in efforts of becoming great fighters, they typically stuck to the more acceptable Fencing or Archery. For that matter, usually, so did those of Spain.

"I guess my families an odd one then..."
Caleb announced over the intercom which would probably cause a look of confusion on his opponent's face. He hadn't actually meant to say that last bit out loud, but now as he lunged repeatedly and with fast strikes in to the Ice Summoned creature's neck with his Rapier and Dirk, the young pilot smiled. Maybe his irreverent comment would help to throw her off.

Having circled around the shoulders after climbing the arm, and hacking away as he went, Caleb had stabbed repeatedly all around the neck of his target. Finally having completed his circle upon the left shoulder, at the peak of the collar bone, where it would meet with the neck, the young fighter replaced each of his blades, and braced himself once more. "Iiii-aaaaa-saaaaaa."

As the young pilot performed his forward lunging full body Kenpo punch, he shifted all of his weight from his front leg, to the back leg, as he swung the back side of his body forward. The loud outward hissing breath was what was known in the martial arts world as a Ki Ai, or a release of one's internal pent up chakras or chi through one's body. Verbalizing such an action was taught to make it more effective. Caleb was counting on that being true here. While he didn't know any strange magics of summoning, or creating storm clouds from thin air, he did know the secrets of Martial Arts. That ancient and in its own way magical knowledge would have to be enough.

As the swing continued the weight transferred up that leg, and in to the young pilot's body, to final travel down his extended arm and strike the side of the Ice Beast's head. Hopefully this strike, in culmination of the many stab wounds around the beast's neck, would fell the creature, and the Gundam and its master could seek out their true opponent along with Hattori, who's small flight of Falcon resembling bits were still weaving and diving through the trees spotting the three islands, searching for any sign of the other Gundam.

One saw a shadow cast through the trees for a moment, and soon after all four had flown in the general direction of the shadow to investigate. Checking a small portion of his Full dome like view cockpit, to his left, Caleb saw an enhanced view that represented what Hattori was seeing through the special implants that allowed the Falcon to see through the eyes of the Birds of Prey bits. A shadow of what seemed to be a large humanoid form, amongst some trees to the west. Once he'd finished dealing with the giant, he would investigate himself.

"Your god is too slow my friend. He seems to have lost his head!" Caleb called, though he wasn't actually sure if he had beheaded the beast. He had already leaped off of it's shoulder, and sprung from its back, to land back upon another of the islands. This time he too took to hiding in the trees, and crouched very low to the ground, in an attempt to blend better with the rock. If he could find a low enough nook, he could make radar useless, which against an opponent primarily using long ranged attacks, would be quite useful.

Tangerine

"I guess my families an odd one then..." Marcella listened as she observed how Caleb dashed and climbed forward to Poseidon. Trust me my young knight, that’s nothing compared to mine… For a while Marcella let things played on Caleb’s favor and soon Poseidon’s neck as thick and strong as it was crumbled. The head fall off backward, exploded in a fashion before making a giant splash in the raging water.

"Your god is too slow my friend. He seems to have lost his head!" Caleb’s voice echoed in the cockpit.

As a response a female giggle was heard in the radio. “Oh, Caleb you and your petty beheading couldn’t do a thing to an old god like Poseidon.” As if to heed her words the headless Poseidon swings his gigantic Trident and forked it up to the lake surface. Twisting the water as it produce tremors and then a real earthquake.

“You can’t hide Caleb. Tsunami will find you,” and then the lake bed can be seen as the water surge backward. Only then waves of 15 meters tall sweep the islands ferociously. The strong currents blew away from every corners wrecking everything on their way.

Before the Tsunami even receded a Nagas head crowned with decorations of various forgotten human faces appeared in place of the old wise man head. Regeneration or a mutation, one can only think in horror as the event unfurled. As it opens its large mouth, a thick ray of cold white beams showered the island where Caleb had last been seen. Freezing everything it touched.
thatguyent

"Miguel, if I don't get a whole lot faster in the next few minutes, that giant Trident is going to crush me. Any suggestions?" The young Neo Spanish Knight asked of his head engineer and fellow Knight of the Wounded Lion. Miguel Andres Ortiz quickly went to typing away at his forearm mounted holographic control system for the equipment and weapons systems of the Leonprincipe. Soon a snapping hiss sound could heard under the heavier plated armor of the shoulders, thighs, and skirt of the Gundam, as pressure locks released.

A series of light explosions then went off along the entire body of the Gundam, blowing away the heavy panels of armor to reveal basically the standard frame of the Mobile Fighter beneath. Though it wasn't an actually built in high mobility mode, the armor purge had greatly reduced the Gundam's weight, and thus, increased its mobility. "That should do it Caleb, Lets see what you and Leo can really do huh?"

Miguel called over the comm, to a smirking response from Caleb. The reptilian resembling head now mounted in place of the wise old man's face atop the Posiden golem now releasing its massive white beam, missed completely, as a single thruster assisted leap sent the Leonprincipe high in to the air above the creatures head. As this took place, Hattori was busy with his own attack, having circled around the shadow that one of the Birds of Truth had detected earlier, and the four remote controlled clones of the Falcon released a series of beams in to the thicket of trees containing what the bird of prey, and his human partner hoped was the Wizard.

"Even gods can die!" Caleb hollered in to the sky to a roar of applause and cheers from the fans watching from the surrounding sky-boxes (literally hovering boxes filled with bleachers). The beam edge of the Leonprincipe's Rapier increased its output once again as the Gundam reached a peak to its jump over ten meters above the massive Ice Creature's head. "El Espada Del Principe! FULL OUTPUT!"

As this final call was given by the young knight, the blade extended even further, having taken as much charge as possible from the generator of the suit without draining it beyond combat capacity. The massive blue colored beam blade came down hard atop the head of the golem, in what would be a downward slash, hopefully splitting the massive ice formed being from skull, to pelvis, and cutting through said body part, to split the being completely in twine.

"SURVIVE THIS MONSTER!"

Tangerine

Irene felt slightly irritated but amused by Caleb’s escape.

Oh Caleb, throwing all those thick layer of metal may save you now, but not for long..

As the Caleb launched his strike above Poseidon’s head the creature itself fought back trying to swat Leonprincipe with the gigantic Trident like people would do to a fly. Fortunately the Trident’s tip missed as Leonprincipe’s blade descends upon the creature’s forehead after penetrating the upper lobe of the skull. Ice shattered as a portion of the head collapsed. Unfortunately for Caleb, Poseidon’s latest action made his downward slash strayed. As the giant moved, the blade exited near the right ear completely cut a portion of the head before landed again on the right shoulder. As if effortless the right shoulder was cut clean.

A commentator broke the silence. “Spain should be proud! Leonprincipe’s rapier full output was a masterpiece! As I told you before it should make a quick work on that monster in no t-,”

Before that commentator could say anything more a mighty groan was heard as Poseidon writhed in agony. With speed unpredicted by its size Poseidon’s left hand catch Leonprincipe as the Gundam started its descend. Freezing the Gundam while keeping it securely in his clutch, in the background a big splash was heard as the gigantic Trident along with the right arm that wielded it fell to the water surface. But now Poseidon got the lead as he positioned the prey he got in his hand level to his mouth.

"Uh-Oh," the commentator said in a very unintelligent manner.

Again Poseidon opened his large jaws and white cold beam emitted from it.

“Caleb, you better yield,” Marcella tried to reason. But the transmission ended as Hattori fired their beams. They definitely hit something as debris, traces of ice and a puff of smoke was seen before a large object fell somewhere in the flooded area. However, the strong current washed the location and for a moment nothing was seen.
thatguyent

"Forgive me dios del mar," Caleb called unto the deathly cold grip of the Posiden golem. As he did so he fought against the encroaching cold, writhing as hard as he could in the creature's grip. He would surely have been ill from the sounds of bones dislocating, and muscle tearing within his own body, if the pain the giant's grip was inducing had not made him impervious to the effects of further injury.

Finally having managed to free his hands from the beast's grip, Caleb lifted both fists to bare before his face. Staring the ice golem in its freakish eye, at least the one remaining that hadn't been torn asunder by the previous strike of the fully charged Rapier, Caleb called up all the power he could muster in that moment. He focused, both internally, and externally, controlling his breathing, slowing his thoughts, and steadying his limbs.

"But you must tell the lady that a Knight doth never YIELD!"
The Spaniard called out with all the rage a nearly crushed man could muster. His fists each ignited with a yellow-orange glow, that had soon become red hot, and each limb began to piston back and forth in rotating succession, right fist, then left. Rapid fire punches were swung, each of which released a pulse of heat in to the icy arm, with enough force to shatter solid stone. "EL SANGRE DEL LEON!"

Called Caleb, as the thirteenth, and final blow was swung, this one with twice the velocity as the others, and the full weight and force of the Gundam, mimicking its master's own expert movements with in the cockpit, committed fully to the Kenpo style straight armed punch. If the full force of that blow were not enough to destroy this damnable beast of ice, then Caleb was not sure what would. After the use of the attack the heat sinks all along the body of the Gundam started to pour out waves of heat, even as it was still held aloft by the giant grotesque "sea god." Fissures should have split the icy flesh of the beast long ago at that point, and the hot air released should be more then enough to send it crumbling.

However then what might Caleb do? He had no power left for his beam weapons, other then those built in to the Birds of Truth which were powered by their own condensers, and his Vulcans would not do much against a beast such as the giant he'd just attempted to fell. In short, he was between a glacier, and a hard place.

While all this activity took place, Hattori and his bit servants had taken flight to seek out their own fallen target amidst the churning waters of the lake. Now where had it gone? More importantly even that that, what had it been?

Tangerine

The ice crumbles as fist by fist landed on the creature’s hand. Just before Caleb launches his final strike cracks within cracks are running all over the wrist. At the same time when Leonprincipe unleashes its technique the elbow joint explodes outwards throwing cubic meters of ice into the air.

The giant shrieks, in turn firing the white beams into the sky as it cries in pain.

Falling down, the left hand still clutches Leonprincipe like a dead man’s grip. Its fingers broken, the palm crushed, some of its knuckles are gone, even the wrist shattered but nevertheless it still cling the Spaniard firm in its fall.

In a timeframe less than few seconds, Poseidon’s large structure surprisingly began to crumble inward. And then it hurls countless ice fragments from all over his body into the air as it spectacularly disintegrates on spot. Tiny and fine ice fragments falls like snow into everywhere in the Tri Islands. Fresh water from Poseidon’s body began to flows into the lake. Only then a pair of eyes glowing is seen as it jumps from one of Poseidon's large fragment into Leonprincipe.

- Cue the cool music

Wizard flies effortlessly supported with three of her Bits under the heavy snow fall. Without wasting time she transforms her long staff into a thin sabre and began her work on the creature’s hand. “There is no time. Help me with everything you got,” said her while thrusting her newly formed sabre into the ice to free Leonprincipe.

The sabre formed from the staff are hundreds times denser albeit having the same weight, it only held to its shape and size by a generator powered internally within the Wizard. It crushes the ice even without touching it as its own gravity force and friction heat build by rotating Gundarium metals around the sabre’s length wrecked the solid thick ice’s integrity.

“There’s no glory in winning like this,” Marcella slowly mutters to herself as the Earth’s gravity manage to pull them to the lake’s surface in a big splash. Poseidon’s hulking lower body in the background shadows both of them like a giant statue.

(( Caleb is not safe yet. having lost most of its armor I think he will have problems with water flooding or drowning if he don't work fast to free himself ))
thatguyent

"Lady Varme, I see not the sen..." the Spaniard began to say as he fell. However soon the screaming of Captain Santos over his comm had him reminded of his own predicament in the here and now.

"Forget about the woman my friend, if she deems it neccesary to save you and the old Lion from a cold and watery grave that accept the help! You can still win this fight!"
Screamed the only non-member of the Caballeros within Caleb's support team, as in the background aboard El Trono del Leon a dozen other Neo Spanish soldiers called out their support. The young Gundam fighter snapped out of his internal reverie at the sounds of their voices, and his hands were to his hips, drawing forth the two holographic representations of his beam blades. Though the Rapier and Dirk he drew did not project their own sky-blue colored energy blades as they would normally, they did however hack away at the Ice with earnest. The still stiff, and highly durable surface one might add, of the two Gundarium weapons helped the Wizard's make shift Ice-Gundarium-sword make quick work of the frozen fist. The resulting explosion of ice shards managed to pitch the falling Gundam just far enough to land with a skid through the sands nearby. Coming to lay almost prone, but with a slight twitch through out it's body, mimicked as well by its shaken pilot, upon his back in the cockpit, the Leonprincipe made an almost audible protest, as its servo motors whined in tune with Caleb's own roar of agony.

The collision took the fight from the young Knight almost entirely, as he began to fade near to darkness. However another voice lingered in the back of his mind, this one a feminine one, which reminded him of his long dead Abuela Carol, mother of his father. "Stand young lion..."

"So weak..."

Over head, he could see Hattori circling his prone form in the cockpit, through drooping eye lids, as the Bird of Truth bits took their own circular vanguard formation over the Gundam.

"...Stand, my prince."

Tangerine

As Caleb fall near the sandy beach, Irene skid along the water surface with the help of her Bits. The sabre already returned to its normal staff shape. Promising, but still needs more work. She thought about the prototype weapon she just tried. Wizard ended her short hovering, landing in an open position near Leonprincipe. The flood already receded as if the heavy rainfall and tsunami earlier were already yesterday.

“You fought well,” Marcella commented openly on radio channel.

Seeing her opponent still emitting the will to fight, telepathically she mentioned her thought to Caleb to achieve greater effect. Save your strength for now, we will meet again. Prepare yourself. Next time I promise it will be a proper sword fight.

Wizard walked away from the arena. “The result of the match is up to the jury,” said she replying some question from the officials which already poured in. “Neo Switzerland will follow your judgment,” that was the last word from her before her support team and her butler arrived at her Suit and escorted her out.
thatguyent

The Leonprincipe had just managed to return to its feet as the Neo Swiss fighter turned away. Caleb raised one inquisitive eyebrow within the cockpit of the Neo Spanish Mobile Fighter, and raised his sword in salute toward the other pilot. As the blade rested across the bridge of his nose the pilot nodded his head in return to the woman's words.

"If we do meet again, I would gladly cross blades with one so formidable. Golems or not, milady, this was indeed the hardest fought battle I have had in this tournament. I doubt I shall see another challenge of this caliber anytime too soon,"
Caleb said in all honesty, as the four Birds of Truth returned to their roosting positions upon his shoulder blocks. He himself fell flat to his back with a sigh, as he finally allowed the injuries sustained that day to wash over him.

The pain came as one. Like a wave, coursing through his flesh from one scrape, to a bruise, to the ribs which had most certainly been broken when he'd been snatched from midair by the Posiden golem.