4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Yessir you're controlling neo scotland at the moment.

I have to call the matches that were cut off before they could finish. 2 were mine...how sad is that??? lol
getting good at cripple typing
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
thatguyent

Just a question gentleman, if our second round opponent hasn't shown after almost a week should we PM them and see if they were aware that round 2 started, or are you guys going to get to that yourselves?
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
teleute

Sweet, second I get back tonight I shall post Scotland style.

And I don't think it is a bad idea at all to send PMs reminding people about the new round. It is a pleasant courtesy.
Inferno

Just finished Marcus's big-arse exposition on his motivations. God, I've written English papers shorter than that.

Oh, and if anyone wants to call me on whether or not Marcus's plan is canon: Neo-Italy's government is never established in the series. It is perfectly reasonable to assume that somehow the Senate picked Michelo Chariot as the 13th fighter without the consent of the Emperor (probably still Marcus at that time, unless he pulls a Reinhard and decides to get some rare sickness).
teleute

I like the stream of consciousness! ^_^ There was something about G Gundam that made me believe the characters didn't think in a soft-symbolic manner but in a chaotic rapid fire stream of emotional sentences.

Also, anyone work in physics or is a physics major? I am having trouble thinking about how smoke and fire behave in zero gravity for my posts.
mcred23

Inferno wrote:Oh, and if anyone wants to call me on whether or not Marcus's plan is canon: Neo-Italy's government is never established in the series. It is perfectly reasonable to assume that somehow the Senate picked Michelo Chariot as the 13th fighter without the consent of the Emperor (probably still Marcus at that time, unless he pulls a Reinhard and decides to get some rare sickness).
It's worth pointing out (Again) that this entire RPG is Alternate FC, basically splitting off at some point before the 3rd Gundam Fight, so while we are trying to keep things somewhat consistant with what eventually happens in G Gundam, breaking canon really doesn't matter too much (Unless it's completely wrong for the universe or really, really dumb).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Big Zabowski

teleute wrote:I like the stream of consciousness! ^_^ There was something about G Gundam that made me believe the characters didn't think in a soft-symbolic manner but in a chaotic rapid fire stream of emotional sentences.

Also, anyone work in physics or is a physics major? I am having trouble thinking about how smoke and fire behave in zero gravity for my posts.
Smoke won't dissipate nor spread as easily as it would in an atmosphere. Could create some interesting longer lived hiding spots for him. Fire would probably act like water depending on what propellant or means of 'launching' the flame were used.

So lets say napalm? A flaming globules of gelatin petrol (if regular gasoline then just think flaming versions water balls in zero G that burn really quickly.)

Also, remember Newton's action reaction law. There's a reason I was pinned against the ceiling at the beginning of the fight. ... :!:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Attomoku

And that's why I am so happy that I have several fights in the Gravity Dome:
9x tails for additional AMBAC :)
4x of which are Independent Flamethrowers which, with a tweak, can become 4x Independent Thruster Binders (with an afterburner) :D

She'll basically be able to move with impunity, and you cant win against what you cant hit. :mrgreen:

Thank you Sir Isaac Newton :twisted:
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Fritz Ashlyn

We did not run numbers, encourage human slavery, keep hired guns at the ready, or any other such thing.
Hired guns? How dare you?
Human slavery? You monster!
Running numbers?! NOW YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE!
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Inferno

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
We did not run numbers, encourage human slavery, keep hired guns at the ready, or any other such thing.
Hired guns? How dare you?
Human slavery? You monster!
Running numbers?! NOW YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE!

"Hey cousin, about last night's speech..."

"If you talk any louder my head's gonna explode."

"Can you decipher what this part of the note meant?

"Lemme see that... Wow, I do a really [sugar]y job when I'm tanked. You actually used this piece of crap?"

"If this thing of ours fails, I'm blaming you."

"Remember who's writing your biography, bucko."
Robo Jason Mk1

Dose anyone know where The Chief of Braves is? not forcing, yet a little notice might be nice :P
Kylern

Sorry guys but i'm pulling out of this RP... Not that its anything do to with y'all, I just don't have desire to post for G-Gundam. Do with my character what you like but I won't be posting again.

Thanks and hope to see y'all again.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Fritz Ashlyn

But on the bright side... free wins for everyone!
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Inferno

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:But on the bright side... free wins for everyone!
So how should I handle the current match? Marcus could easily just deliver a close-quarters beatdown to end it if nobody wants to RP him, and then we could just say Neo-Kurdistan was found to have cheated or something.
The Big Zabowski

Inferno wrote:
Fritz Ashlyn wrote:But on the bright side... free wins for everyone!
...then we could just say Neo-Kurdistan was found to have cheated or something.
Or we could say Neo Russia became the Neo Soviet Union when it NOMNOMNOM'd Neo Kurdistan..

I must break you..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Inferno

Regardless, if there are no objections, I'll have Marcus end the fight with a quick victory for Neo Italy.
blind_dead_mcjones

don't call the fight just yet inferno, if you want and if the trinary are ok with it i'l pick up neo kurdistans fighter
Flag Fighter for life!
mcred23

Sure, go for it. Better to have the character do something (Although, if you want to lose all the fights and still give us the free/easy wins, that wouldn't be bad or anything :mrgreen:).

thatguyent

Paging Neo Luxembourg, paging Neo Luxembourg... Um, am I just supposed to God Mode on a member of the Trinary for taking more then a week to respond? I know that he's injured so I don't want to be an arse.

In other news, in the match where I'm playing Polynikes for Phantom Bread, my opponent is supposed to be Neo Germany, he posted a statement about drawing his Gundamschreck Bazooka, and entering the arena, and then nothing after that. What gives here people?

Please don't let this RP die on me guys, I have really been enjoying everything thus far. That and I've already drawn up strategies for some of my future matches. I think the Neo Greece v. Neo Spain fight would be epic, though weird, since I'm not sure if Polynikes would be under my control still or not. I also can't wait to face a couple of other opponents, such as Japan, I want to see what the match would be like between two MFs based upon their countries mythological creatures.
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
mcred23

thatguyent wrote:Paging Neo Luxembourg, paging Neo Luxembourg... Um, am I just supposed to God Mode on a member of the Trinary for taking more then a week to respond? I know that he's injured so I don't want to be an arse.
Well, given that he hasn't even made a post in there yet, and you never made an attack, so you can't call a hit and be an arse anyway, so you'll just have to wait. Wedge's current situation is one where we'd strongly suggest ignoring the 48 hour rule and giving extra time for the moment (Trust me, I tried to talk with him on MSN recently and he needs the time :mrgreen:).
thatguyent wrote:In other news, in the match where I'm playing Polynikes for Phantom Bread, my opponent is supposed to be Neo Germany, he posted a statement about drawing his Gundamschreck Bazooka, and entering the arena, and then nothing after that. What gives here people?
What gives is that you two are at an impase at the moment. You're just slowly closing, but no one has yet to make an attack, which means either of you could make a post doing just that. I guess that one is a question of which of you wants to make the first move in the fight. :twisted: