Nanoha FORCE Next ("Nanoha MSV"?)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Newtype87

Re: Nanoha FORCE Next ("Nanoha MSV"?)

*whistles* A BFS is a joy forever. And I was just thinking about when the new design was going to be revealed, this is nice. Any new info on new abilities, or is this just an upgrade to her StrikerS-era weapon?

EDIT: BFS, not BFG. But BFGs are nice too.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Vent Noir

Text translation from AnimeSuki:

Bardiche Assault Riot Blade II

This is the evolved model of "Bardiche Assault", Captain Fate T. Harlaown's favourite device.

To allow the dual-bladed "Riot Blade" to be easily linked up as a single component when situation demands, starting from the body material, appearance and the internal unit, there have been a number of changes to the specification and performance. Nonetheless, there has been no alteration to the base, i.e., the main body of Bardiche. Bardiche therefore retains control of the whole device. As decided by Captain Harlaown and Bardiche, the device will be a test model incorporating the operation theories and material technology for the fifth generation device.

To guarantee unrestrained mobility during situations of magic cancellation, a dedicated system of magic conversion different from the one in the CW models is incorporated. The system allows the storage of the user's magical energy in the device body, as well as the conversion of such for device activity.

Bardiche Assault Riot Zamber II

This is the evolved model of "Riot Zamber" that is originally in the form of a giant sabre. Although detailed specifications have yet to be revealed, according to presently available data it is expected to have the capability of aerial and antisurface control: an overengineered design as a personal combat equipment.

In contrast with the approach of total conversion of magic power into physical energy adopted by the CW line of AEC equipment, the fifth generation devices are designed with the concept of utilization of magical energy to create magic effects even in situations of magic cancellation. They also exhibit a higher degree of magical performance in situations of no magic interference.

Therefore, in situations of magic cancellation, the fifth generation devices can create nonfatal attacks such as shocks and stuns without relying on direct output of magical energy. Under perfect conditions, even stronger effects can be achieved.

Currently these devices are extremely difficult to handle, however. Except with users capable of highly sophisticated magic control, or in possession of "inborn magic conversion potential" such as electricity and fire, the devices show the problems of unstable operational output, high degree of energy loss, as well as insufficiency for prolonged usage.

Nevertheless, under the current background where magic cancellation is becoming a mainstream approach for illegal weapons, it can be said that these devices is a litmus test for examining the viability of magic as a peace-keeping force.

The original post also has translations of the text in the supplementary illustrations
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
quasadra

double sword + BFS = EPIC WIN. when after this appear in FORCE, i will have no more regret in this life anymore. :P
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Heretic

This pleases me. Rather than add some new gimmick to the already powerful (and completely awesome) Bardiche. They took the Riot Mode and made it look even more awesome.

Heretic wants, Heretic wants so very much.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Vent Noir

Nanoha again this time:

CW-AEC00X Fortress & CW-AEC02X Strike Cannon

I'll post the translation of the notes when I see one.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Gundam Meister

Man it looks awesome
The Chief of Braves

Nanoha <3. They're clearly no longer trying to hide the fact that Nanoha is a Gundam taken a female form, seeing as how she now has Exia vibes with this new pack. This one is certainly going to be fun to read about.
It doesn’t take much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Humanity is a silly species, doomed to extinction.
The superior strives to lead, the inferior seeks to dominate.
Newtype87

That's just… wow. That's just glorious. I can't wait to hear what those shields and the backpack pods are for.

Nanoha's facial expression seems to be asking what else they can equip her with: I'm guessing Nanoha's next set of equipment gives her a full suit of protective armor with enough defensive power to resist the L'Arc-En-Ciel main cannon.
quasadra

yeah. next up, Magic Powered Armor. am i the only person who think this is kind of over-spec?
Newtype87

quasadra wrote:yeah. next up, Magic Powered Armor. am i the only person who think this is kind of over-spec?
It's Nanoha. It won't be over-spec until they give her an actual giant robot powered by her magic that can fire a hundred Starlight Breakers simultaneously. What would they call that attack, "Century Starlight Breaker?" Ooh, and for a good pun, the robot could be called the Raging Sentry.
Vent Noir

Newtype87 wrote:That's just… wow. That's just glorious. I can't wait to hear what those shields and the backpack pods are for.

Nanoha's facial expression seems to be asking what else they can equip her with: I'm guessing Nanoha's next set of equipment gives her a full suit of protective armor with enough defensive power to resist the L'Arc-En-Ciel main cannon.
Yeah, I'm guessing the TSAB's R&D department likes having Nanoha around as much as she likes them.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

The Chief of Braves

Not part of the FORCE Next series I understand, but did somebody say Nanoha + Power Armor?

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6968 ... nanoha.jpg
It doesn’t take much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Humanity is a silly species, doomed to extinction.
The superior strives to lead, the inferior seeks to dominate.
quasadra

Nanoha: Mortar Hedd Edition. :evil: :mrgreen:
Sulendil Zeta

OMG, Nanoha is now a LED Mirage, now that's what I call superior firepower incarnated. :D
Vent Noir

The Chief of Braves wrote:Nanoha <3. They're clearly no longer trying to hide the fact that Nanoha is a Gundam taken a female form, seeing as how she now has Exia vibes with this new pack. This one is certainly going to be fun to read about.
Just had a scary thought: Nanoha with Trans-Am.

Even Scarier Thought: 00 Raiser Nanoha (would that mean Yuuno takes the Saji Crossroad role?)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Red XIV

Vent Noir wrote:Just had a scary thought: Nanoha with Trans-Am.

Even Scarier Thought: 00 Raiser Nanoha (would that mean Yuuno takes the Saji Crossroad role?)
I think Yuuno would approve of this idea.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Vent Noir

Vent Noir wrote: Just had a scary thought: Nanoha with Trans-Am.
...although I should mention that Heartcatch Pretty Cure pretty much did Magical Girl Trans-Am.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Arsarcana

Vent Noir wrote:Even Scarier Thought: 00 Raiser Nanoha (would that mean Yuuno takes the Saji Crossroad role?)
I was thinking more Aussenseiter Nanoha and Dygenguar Fate.
Newtype87

Arsarcana wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:Even Scarier Thought: 00 Raiser Nanoha (would that mean Yuuno takes the Saji Crossroad role?)
I was thinking more Aussenseiter Nanoha and Dygenguar Fate.
But Yuuno already transforms into a four-legged animal. Fate is more like Wodan, she's even got the giant energy sword.

But, um, does anyone know what the Fortress equipment is actually for? Like, what all the parts are called?
Arsarcana

That's why I figured Fate would be Dygenguar (same giant sword Wodan used). Good point on Yuuno's transformation, though I think the Nanoha/Fate combo just makes more sense.