4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
teleute

Re: 4th Gundam Fight: Final Gambit: Discussion thread.

I just played Assassin's Creed and I have this urge to write up a Neo Syrian Altair Gundam. I think I'll save that for a possible future RPG.

I hope Neo Ireland actually responds and gets approval. That would be most of the British Isles along with the already approved Neo England and Neo Scotland. No Neo Wales. Everyone always forgets poor Wales even though Doctor Who is made in Cardiff! And now I am tempted to make a Tardis Gundam.
The Chief of Braves

mcred23 wrote:You, or anyone else, can still submit an idea now if you want to. I know we needed one more player, but I think we may end up with another spot or two open if people we previously approved never show up (I think there may be one or two of those at the moment). If we end up with several profiles but not enough spots, we'll just go with whichever one(s) we think are the best/most interesting.

Or, whoever bribes us with the most money. 8)
Well, I might not be able to bribe anyone, but since you put it that way, I posted up my entry for consideration then here: Neo-Egypt Team
It doesn’t take much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Humanity is a silly species, doomed to extinction.
The superior strives to lead, the inferior seeks to dominate.
Attomoku

Why does it seem that everyone is trying to hire/buy/bribe/blackmail/steal/kidnap Neo-Japanese designers/mechanics/engineers/tech/parts? You'd think that they invented the giant fighting robot or something.

Considering that each nation's Gundams are tantamount to being state secrets, I would think there would be measures in place to prevent these highly talented and valuable people from leaving the country with knowledge or the technical know-how that could be used against national interests.

So hire a team of experts from your own damn country! Quit stealing mine! Or else you might end up sparking an immigrants taking jobs from qualified naturalized citizens debate in whatever country you represent :roll:
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
The Chief of Braves

For me, that's the joke. XD I'm not sure about why the others chose Neo-Japanese designers/mechanics/engineers/tech/parts though so your guess is as good as mine. Still, if you're offended by it, guess I'll have to change it then.
It doesn’t take much intelligence to sneak up on a leaf.
You can lead a human to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Humanity is a silly species, doomed to extinction.
The superior strives to lead, the inferior seeks to dominate.
teleute

I hadn't noticed when first reading the character profiles but Neo Japan or Neo Japanese things are mentioned a lot in the other nations write ups. Something like six of them. I guess thats why Neo Japan is so militaristic and into crazy technology by the time of the 13th Gundam Fight, trying to say ahead of all the spys, defectors, and copycats. ^_^
Inferno

I come from the Criminal equivalent of the Roman Empire. Like if Black Sun, the Zann Consortium and the Hutts all banded together, you would get the Caligulas crime family. Therefore, we've got connections. So yeah.
Fritz Ashlyn

My Japanese girl predates all of yours, so nyeah!

Plus she's a vital part of a lame joke that I don't think anyone got last time.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Attomoku

I'm not upset, I was just musing aloud about how many Japanese technical personnel there are running around in this game. Of which, I hope to have about 4 of them be turned and end up double agents for me... so... See you in the Ring! :mrgreen:
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
Cybaster

Thankfully, mine's just an intern --- not even part of the tech crew, hence why Misao hasn't been showing up at the banquet because she wouldn't be invited. =P
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
teleute

Cybaster wrote:Thankfully, mine's just an intern --- not even part of the tech crew, hence why Misao hasn't been showing up at the banquet because she wouldn't be invited. =P
Could be hiding under the table playing Pocket Travellers... though I guess she's a bit old for that now. Alternatively, she could keep my character's sister, 17 years old Fatima, company on the outskirts of the banquet, maybe along with some other tagalongs like Neo Greece's two Neo-Agoge unit members. I haven't really figured out what to do with the Fatima character at the moment, what with all the fighter talk.
Tangerine

I finally manage to post something. I hope it fits since I haven't watch G Gundam. Let me know if I make a mistake in my post. Thank you. :oops:
Robo Jason Mk1

Well, I have something that cant be stolen, My Gundam Hat!
PhantomBread

I really haven't found the place to post in the banquet again. I really should, I bet. But it'll be generally "Polynikes frowned and went back to eating steak." generally, so no one is missing much.

Also, as I stated in the other discussion thread, I'd thought I'd have more time but I'm going to be heading off to Basic Training and then am pipe-lined straight into Tech School, starting September 14th and getting back in March. So... not sure how you want to handle that. I'll have some computer access in Tech School, so should be able to post, but that's still like two months and a week or so I'll be busy doing push-ups and getting yelled at.
Wedge14

Tangerine wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:I'll let you know via PM if you can play. I'm having some trouble with a person who's been accepted and hasn't posted once yet. :roll:
:(

I'm so busy this week even on Saturday, I didn't expect you'll want me to post so soon. Will try to post something..

I wasn't talking about you, I actually meant Neo Korea. Who hasn't read any of my pms or responded to me since i first approved his character.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Kylern

I think I finished my dinner before leaving... but oh well.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
teleute

Sorry, I misread your original post. And since I couldn't figure out how to delete my post, I just edited it to have him sneak out newly prepared Kurdish food.

By the way, Kurdish style chicken tashreeb is awesome.
thatguyent

I think it would be funny to have all of the teams/nations have a cook off in between matches. Just thought that would be a kick. :lol:
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
teleute

thatguyent wrote:I think it would be funny to have all of the teams/nations have a cook off in between matches. Just thought that would be a kick. :lol:
That would be an awesome subplot. Especially if it eventually led to a martial arts food fight!
mcred23

No no no, if there was a food fight, it would be a Three Stooges-like pie fight. That's the only proper way! :mrgreen:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Fritz Ashlyn

So no "Yakitate!! Japan"/"G Gundam" crossover is allowed without pie fights is what we're trying to say.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!