The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Newtype87

Re: The Official 00 Mecha Thread Mk XVI

Sulendil Zeta wrote:And now I wonder where's GN Sword IV?
Probably on the 00 Quan[T] prototype to be revealed in a few months time in 00V.

I was wondering what those were on the Zabanya's rifles: I thought they were those crystal things like on the Rifle Bits. So, let me see if I understand the configurations: a combined GN Sniper Rifle III, the combined GN Rifle Bit II, a GN Pistol III, a GN "Pistol Bit," and a small GN "Barrel Bit" detached from the pistol. So, that's, what, a maximum of twenty possible drone guns flying around, plus ten GN Shield Bit IIs and a whole array of missiles built into the armor? I mean, there's a chance that the GN "Barrel Bit" can't operate on its own and docks with the Shield Bit IIs so that they have a gun, but still…

I may be in love.

Also, I love the gimmick of the combined GN Buster Sword or whatever it is, but it's starting to look a bit flimsy and unbalanced. I think something more akin to the 007S' GN Buster Sword II would have looked a little better while still retaining the combiner gimmick.

Also, any idea what the pods are attached to the Ptolemy II? Long range boosters, GN Field Projectors, extra weapons pods? Does it say?
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
radioactive28

Laevatein wrote:00 Qan[T] and Zabanya gimmicks

Don't have knowledge of japanese, but casual observations point out the following:

- 00 Qan[T]'s GN Sword is the GN Sword V
- Zabanya's GN Sniper Rifles are modular, and can detach parts to become GN Pistols or GN Rifle Bits
- Containers can combine with each other in twos to become shield bits
To add on,
- GN Sword V with the Sword Bits makes a buster rifle.
- Long-barrelled gun is the GN Rifle Bit II, short-barrelled version is called GN Pistol Bit. Both are usable as handheld weapons or Bits.
- Containers are called Holster Bits. They can function as shields, but no mention of whether they have to combine to work as such.

The modularity for the Rifle Bit is nice, but I'm not sure if it's efficient. I can't see the barrel extension having a lot of use by itself.

Can't make out the characters for the Ptolemy2Kai's description...
Meteoid

radioactive28 wrote: To add on,
- GN Sword V with the Sword Bits makes a buster rifle.
- Long-barrelled gun is the GN Rifle Bit II, short-barrelled version is called GN Pistol Bit. Both are usable as handheld weapons or Bits.
- Containers are called Holster Bits. They can function as shields, but no mention of whether they have to combine to work as such.

The modularity for the Rifle Bit is nice, but I'm not sure if it's efficient. I can't see the barrel extension having a lot of use by itself.
Perhaps the barrel extensions are actually small guns themselves, thus they combine and double the power?

Buster rifle? Assuming the translation is correct that is the weirdest looking rifle i've ever seen.
Arsarcana

Yeah, it says Buster Rifle. I'm presuming that it refers to the thing when the tip is split, revealing two smaller barrels that are concealed in the long Sword Bits (as seen a little while ago with the model kit, the angle is wrong to see it here). It doesn't say as much but I'd guess that in sword mode it's called the Buster Sword, keeping with the traditional naming scheme in 00 for Really Big Swords.

Also, there doesn't appear to be anything stating that the long barrel attachment for Zabanya's rifles can operate independently of the pistol base.
Newtype87

Arsarcana wrote:Also, there doesn't appear to be anything stating that the long barrel attachment for Zabanya's rifles can operate independently of the pistol base.
If they can't operate independently, I wonder what they do when they're not being used. At most, Zabanya would be dual-wielding pistols, leaving only two floating barrels. If the detachable barrels can be used independently, then Lockon would use them for when he needs overwhelming firepower compared to destructive power (twenty pistol-sized shots instead of ten rifle-sized shots). If they can't be, I guess they'd have to be stored in the Holster Bits, or I'd have redesigned them. I mean, if you don't want the drone beam guns, I'd have them be able to fold down like the GN Sniper Rifle II so that Lockon could use or dual-wield the GN Submachine gun and the Rifle Bits can trade destructive power for rapid-fire capabilities.

Oh well, I guess we have to wait for a bit more clarity. And that is one funky looking Rifle.
Laevatein

One new image of the HG 00 Qan[T] showing off the GN Buster Rifle

Do note how the shield is folded behind it with the thruster open.
Newtype87

Laevatein wrote:One new image of the HG 00 Qan[T] showing off the GN Buster Rifle

Do note how the shield is folded behind it with the thruster open.
Well, the shield makes a bit more sense now, I suppose. And that's what the barrels look like: I wonder if the beam guns inside the larger Sword Bits can be used while docked to the shield. Looking at the rifle, I can't tell if the GN Sword V's own barrels clear the rest of the rifle, but I suppose they should so the Buster Rifle has four barrels to call on rather than just two.
Arsarcana

Hm, I hadn't even considered that the shield could open up like that. Or that the arm it's mounted on was flexible enough for the thing to be able to swing that far back.

Also, I think this might be the first time we've seen the left shoulder without the shield in the way and it doesn't have the white internal plate the right one has.
Dark Duel

It also doesn't extend quite as far - for obvious reasons.
I like it. Without the shield mounted over the shoulder, its kinship to Exia (design-wise) is especially obvious.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AnimeMun

Why do I get the feeling that we'll be seeing quite a bit of the shield being behind the back for thruster use?
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Wingnut

AnimeMun wrote:Why do I get the feeling that we'll be seeing quite a bit of the shield being behind the back for thruster use?
I don't see how that would help any even if they did that.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AnimeMun

Wingnut wrote:
AnimeMun wrote:Why do I get the feeling that we'll be seeing quite a bit of the shield being behind the back for thruster use?
I don't see how that would help any even if they did that.
Well, from what I remember during the last parts of 00 Setsuna didn't use the GN Shields on either 00 or Exia all that much. Sure, granted Exia was in R2 state and 00 was equipped with Raiser and therefore had briliant GN field capabilities. However I don't remember the GN shield getting much use by Exia in the later missions either. Seeing as Raiser's wings were used mostly to focus propulsion however, I figure that Setsuna would pilot Qan[T] the same way he'd pilot 00 Raiser. Meaning most of the time his shield attachment will be primarily used for its boost assistance functions as opposed to defensive functions. Its all a matter of piloting style there.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Amadi Akintunde

That 'Buster Rifle' is quite ugly.
radioactive28

Amadi Akintunde wrote:That 'Buster Rifle' is quite ugly.
I agree. GN Sword is good. Sword Bits are good. The sum is more beautiful than the parts? Nay.

Anyway, the latest from Ngee Khiong (who got it from somewhere else),

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/482 ... db14_b.jpg

Ptolemy2Kai's new stuff are boosters.

There are more details on the holsters and pistols:
- The pilot has a choice of pistol or rifle before the bit exits the holster/shield.
- For the holster bits, I'm stuck with the second sentence. It mentions "usable as a gun bit," but I'm not sure if the grammar is refering to the rifle/pistol bits or to the holster bit. My gut feel is that holster =/= gun, since they explicitly pointed out that it is a shield, but it would be nice if someone could confirm this.
SonicSP

AnimeMun wrote:Well, from what I remember during the last parts of 00 Setsuna didn't use the GN Shields on either 00 or Exia all that much.  Sure, granted Exia was in R2 state and 00 was equipped with Raiser and therefore had briliant GN field capabilities.  However I don't remember the GN shield getting much use by Exia in the later missions either.  Seeing as Raiser's wings were used mostly to focus propulsion however, I figure that Setsuna would pilot Qan[T] the same way he'd pilot 00 Raiser.  Meaning most of the time his shield attachment will be primarily used for its boost assistance functions as opposed to defensive functions.  Its all a matter of piloting style there.
Setsuna used the GN Shield on Exia alot actually, he brought it along most of the time when he goes with Exia and it saved him from direct hits twice from I recall from high powered beams at the coat of its destrucrion, once in S119 and S125 not counting the other smaller uses it gets from smaller attacks.

00's shield gets less usage though but its also because 00 was primarily designed as a dual wielder not to mention the availability of the GN Field. Still Set has used the Raiser wings themselves as shields, especially in the final battles againts The Innovators and such mounted shields are better and more easily used.

With the main configuration being back    to the main right hand sword, the right sword left shield configuration always used with Exia.

Of course, the Exia lineage is more mobility based rather than defense based in concept so hence the shield is only meant to be used when such primary reliance fails and it gets hits. Which is why Exia gets the least hits among its own generation and why it sacrifice some of its armor on its joints for better mobility by having bettet humanoid articulation..
SonicSP

00V Senki Mission 9- Quad Cannon

http://i.imagehost.org/0508/monthlyv.png

http://i.imagehost.org/0189/14c4d2ca32e851.jpg

http://a.imagehost.org/0598/14c4d2c9073485.jpg

http://a.imagehost.org/0897/14c4d2c7e56ee6.jpg

From this month's 00V Senki Chapter entitled Quad Cannon. The idea eventually leads to the Seravee's Quad Cannon setup much much later as well, from what I've been reading.

-------------------------------

00P SP04 Sword Weapon

http://i.imagehost.org/0098/14c4b09eab2d41.jpg

http://j.imagehost.org/0611/14c4b09f92c7af.jpg

http://a.imagehost.org/0098/14c4b0a054f9e9.jpg

http://i.imagehost.org/0390/14c4b0a14f3036.jpg
Good Haro wrote:Just skimming for interesting points:

00P Special Edition has to do with the development of Exia's anti-GN field sword and the testing of a traitor scenario.

Picture credits goes to Homeless.
SonicSP

Some screenshots of the new trailer:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... 125116.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... 197881.jpg

OH....MY........GOD.......Backpackless Raphael with Imitation Tau Drive......

Interesting, very interesting indeed.
Dark Duel

SonicSP wrote:Some screenshots of the new trailer:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... 125116.jpg

OH....MY........GOD.......Backpackless Raphael with Imitation Tau Drive......
Backpackless Raphael looks AWESOME. Can't wait!!
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arsarcana

Huh... that's unexpected. I suppose this nixes the argument that CB doesn't like to use Tau Drives and reopens the question of whether the cones on the backpack 'arms' are thrusters or actual Drives.

Also, is that a Trans Am 00Q with the Buster Rifle I spy? Wonder how powerful that thing's gonna be.
AnimeMun

Hmmm, ok then, I think I know where this is going, the BP of Raphael houses the true GN drive. The other half uses the Tau for cases where it has to be long seperate from the primary drive. I'm really wanting to see this trailer now.

The Cross-Culture Hero.