Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

The "Bear-guy" that they showed at the end alone makes the whole thing worthwhile.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kyuzo Aoi

DuelGundam2099 wrote:And it just hits me, Bandai is obviously trying to cash in more on intra-franchise crossover wars which Tsuburaya started with Ultra Galaxy Monster Battle, a TV series and game franchise based on monsters from various Ultraman series beating the ever loving stuffing out of each other. I think this series is going to be the Gundam version of that and since I liked the two series and loved the movie based on it I think I'm gonna look forward to this. 8)
If that's the case, then the Beginning Gundam is the Gundam franchise's version of Kamen Rider Decade.
I am a Gundam!
Kenji

While I'm curious about how something like this will be pulled off, I can't help but feel there's something vaguely incestuous about the whole concept... :?
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Dark Duel

Animated Hi-Nu alone makes this worth it for me. Also, Beginning Gundam looks cool, and the Bear Acguy is just awesome.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Murra

"For all Gunpla Fans

A Gunpla 30th Anniversary Commermorative Animation

Go for it! Gunpla Meisters!

In a world with technology a little more advanced than now

An as yet unknown computer that can analyse the data of Gunpla

"Gunpla Scanner"

Operate the gunpla and battle

The allies who fight together!

Irei Haru, the protagonist of this production who meets with a destined gunpla

Noyama Rina, an energetic young girl. Sakazaki Kenta, Haru's best friend

Rival Kouji Matsumoto

The unknown gunpla, Beginning Gundam

The rivals they meet

The gunpla battles heat up!

Even more mysterious rivals draw near

Go for it! Gunpla Meisters

Mokei Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G"

Is the layover by layover translation, so the thread title is wrong unfortunately.

In case nobody's guessed it the preview hints heavily towards the kids piloting their creations via the Gunpla Scanner and it's very Senjo no Kizuna-esque cabinets.

If anything I think this is a push to re-establish themselves in the ever decreasing child market of japan.
Kuruni

Since it definity will have tied-in game, I wonder if they will have Plamo Kyoshiro and Keroro? (you known, the latter is Gunpla king)
My girlfriend was a loli.
Genocide

The only reason I'm at all interested in this, and likely the only reason I'll ever be interested in it, is to see that Hi-Nu Gundam in action.
Dark Duel

Dunno if it's been posted yet - I've not seen it - but I found this on sandrum's photostream on flickr while scoping it out for wallpapers.
On the right, of course, is Beginning Gundam. It's the other one, on the left, that interests me, as it's quite evidently a customized RX-78-2 frame - very probably the one whose head appears in the uppermost right corner of the teaser poster.
Interesting, innit?

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AnimeMun

Dark Duel wrote:Dunno if it's been posted yet - I've not seen it - but I found this on sandrum's photostream on flickr while scoping it out for wallpapers.
On the right, of course, is Beginning Gundam. It's the other one, on the left, that interests me, as it's quite evidently a customized RX-78-2 frame - very probably the one whose head appears in the uppermost right corner of the teaser poster.
Interesting, innit?

First and foremost, I took a look at the Kana for the Gundam in this picture, its name is: Forever Gundam. It more than likely is a RX-78-2 custom job with fin funnel relatives attached. We'll see more for sure later.

Secondly the arcade machines shown in the trailer there are the actual arcade PODs from the OYW arcade game that they have across Japan. So my guess is soon they are going to switch out the game system for the older game for this newer game and include the "Gunpla Scanner" However that may just be a barcode reader and you customize the equipment on the suit in game or something like that.

EDIT:Taking a closer look at those cannons on the Forever Gundam, they actually seem like relatives of Gundam X's Satellite Cannon, complete with beam saber hilts in the rear of them.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Murra

AnimeMun wrote:Secondly the arcade machines shown in the trailer there are the actual arcade PODs from the OYW arcade game that they have across Japan. So my guess is soon they are going to switch out the game system for the older game for this newer game and include the "Gunpla Scanner" However that may just be a barcode reader and you customize the equipment on the suit in game or something like that.
Senjo no kizuna (Bonds of the Battlefield) is the name of the arcade game by the way, the pods are indeed very similar but not exactly the same of course, though they do both link to a central computer like that. With the target age group I'm not sure if they would switch out the games in the pods, they're actually pretty difficult to control even for an adult.
AnimeMun

Ahhhh.... thank you, I've been making a lot of these posts from my wii while my wife takes over the computer for her work. Being on the job hunt personally makes it hard to look up the proper names. I figure though that they may make the pods semi adjustable for the accounts of height and what not. What I am currently wondering is, ok we know they aren't ever going to actually be in space, so why bother with the rentable pilot suits other than for effect? Part of me wonders if these suits act as some sort of unusual rumble pack system for added realism. That would be crazy sure but I'd get a kick out of it.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Murra

The seat slides back and forth slightly but that's the extent of it, the really tricky part of the machines is movement is controlled by dual sticks. Pushing both moves you forward, pulling one back and pushing one forward makes you rotate, etc. Also has pedals for thrusters. All aiming is fortunately/unfortunately auto-aim.

It's fun but it's a little expensive as well, definitely aimed at the adult market, 300 yen for a membership card and 500 yen for two sorties which have something like a 5 minute time limit each. You really need to spend a lot of money to get anything good to pilot too...

That's not to say they might not attempt to convert a few units, but I wouldn't bet any money either way.
Wingnut

Got some magazine scans to share.

The lead and his Gundam. Which does use three beam sabers in one hand like Date Masamune in SB.

The rival and his Hi-Nu. Also shows the virtual cockpit set-up. Also note the logo in the top right. Londo Bell?

Pink Bawoo has a female pilot. That explains that at least. Also Zaku I sniper. A couple of shady looking characters there as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Murra

According to those scans, the main rival is actually the leader of an idol group called SGOC (pronounced similarly to z'gok) both girls on the Bawoo page are listed as his fans, and the man as his manager. He apparently fights Haru to get his hands on the Beginning Gundam. Haru on the other hand gets into Gunpla Battles at the suggestion of his friend Kenta.

And still no explanation why they need the damn suits...
PowerdGNFlag

Wingnut wrote: Also note the logo in the top right. Londo Bell?
Well, it is different from the LB logo we know but it's probably the show's version of it OR it's an entirely new logo that happens to share common elements with said LB logo. Kinda like the SGOC=Zgok thing up there.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
AnimeMun

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
Well, it is different from the LB logo we know but it's probably the show's version of it OR it's an entirely new logo that happens to share common elements with said LB logo. Kinda like the SGOC=Zgok thing up there.

Um no, the one shown there is the original CCA LB logo for certain, I think the one you pulled out was either someone's cute idea or the one from Unicorn.... I'm not certain.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

TakaTahuNuva

AnimeMun wrote:
PowerdGNFlag wrote:

Um no, the one shown there is the original CCA LB logo for certain, I think the one you pulled out was either someone's cute idea or the one from Unicorn.... I'm not certain.
It's not fanmade, that's for sure, but I could've sworn I've seen the design used way before Unicorn.
ohhhh snap
Resident of GMT-5

Um, so if this really is a Gunpla anime, then how come Mecha brawl? don't tell me it's gonna be Backyardigans with Gundams. Oh yeah, when i saw the custom Hi-nu, it reminded me of my friend's Hi-nu, because he had his colored EXACTLY like that one. And it was done a year ago. He would've been proud.
Dark Duel

It's an arcade videogame. From what I can understand of the lineart, the arcade units have a "Haro" on one of the armrests that houses a compartment in which the player places his model, which is then digitally rendered in the game.
And the battles are shown from an in-game point of view.

It's actually a fairly interesting idea, though if anything, it's Code Lyoko with Gundams, only without the awful CGI/animation.

Dark Duel

Forgive the Double-post, but just thought I'd pop in and say that we have confirmation, from merchandise shown at Gundam Super Expo '10(courtesy of Ngee Khiong) of two additional UC classics slated to appear in Gunpla Builders:
-MS-14A Gelgoog, in sleek silver-and-blue colors.
-PMX-003 The O, sporting a sinister-looking black paintjob