Turn A Gundam: Coming soon

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Turn A Gundam: Coming soon

http://www.facebook.com/bandaient
Hmmm~ let's visit TV Tropes for some descriptions for one of the announcements next week...
"Go Out With A Smile", "Humans Are Warriors", "New Age Retro Hippie"...randomly picked those..

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TurnAGundam

I hope this is truth.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Turn A Gundam: Coming soon?

Turn A finally getting a US release? Normally I'd say great, but I was hoping we'd get Double Zeta or X first. Oh well, only time will tell if this is real. Think G4 will mention this?
His Divine Shadow

While part of me is looking forward to seeing what is perhaps the most bizarre Gundam AU series finally get a US release, I'm pragmatic enough to virtually guarantee it will bomb savagely if it goes to TV. Between the oddball mech designs and the naked ritualism the censors will have a field day with, I fear large portions of the story will simply be lost in translation, which will sow confusion in the audience. This will be, by the way, the same audience that inundates us all with "Is Turn-A REALLY the end of ALL the series, or is it JUST an AU??" threads. :D
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
InjuredPelican

His Divine Shadow wrote:While part of me is looking forward to seeing what is perhaps the most bizarre Gundam AU series finally get a US release, I'm pragmatic enough to virtually guarantee it will bomb savagely if it goes to TV. Between the oddball mech designs and the naked ritualism the censors will have a field day with, I fear large portions of the story will simply be lost in translation, which will sow confusion in the audience. This will be, by the way, the same audience that inundates us all with "Is Turn-A REALLY the end of ALL the series, or is it JUST an AU??" threads. :D
Well if it means I can show it to my fellow gundam fans on dvd, I welcome a US release. I also don't think the nudity is so bad that they couldn't do a good tv edit of it. As long as the network that gets it doesn't market the wrong way, it could be successful with a niche audience at least. There are weirder anime that are more popular out there, but I bet they're not as good as Turn A.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Mu La Flaga

WTF is my first reaction to this o.O'
Of all the alternate realities Turn A is going in first possibly?

I mean I would be all for it, but I would have gone with Gundam X first.
Just my thought.
Brave Fencer Kirby

It seems unlikely that it'll get a TV release in the US. Gundam's pretty much a dead property as far as any channel likely to air it here is concerned. Zeta and Seed Destiny both were released on DVD without ever seeing a TV airing, and 00 only ever appeared on a Monday late-night slot, which is hardly the most mainstream of scheduling. Turn A would be less friendly to TV than any of those for a lot of reasons.

Assuming it's actually an announcement about Turn A coming stateside in the first place. It's rather vague description, and I don't know anything about Bandai's various non-Gundam properties to rule any of them out anyway.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Chaa Chan

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Turn A finally getting a US release? Normally I'd say great, but I was hoping we'd get Double Zeta or X first. Oh well, only time will tell if this is real. Think G4 will mention this?
If they do I bet it would only be a short segment on it. Maybe just a small blurb :(

Here's hoppin though. For TurnA and a nice announcement from G4.
LightningCount

I wonder if it's connected to the new re-releases in Japan coming soon. SEE: http://news.cosmic-era.com/?p=331&lang=en (Might some of these sets be conveniently converted for the US?)
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
jabman025

I surprised by this but not really shocked. When the released the Zeta new translation movies I figured they would go get some of the older series and release them as well. Just don't expect a dub on this series.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Kyuzo Aoi

Is this Facebook account of BandaiEnt the official one? Or it was just by a fan? Otherwise, finally Turn A Gundam might come to North America.
I am a Gundam!
Mu La Flaga

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:Is this Facebook account of BandaiEnt the official one? Or it was just by a fan? Otherwise, finally Turn A Gundam might come to North America.
It is, it's the same one which announced the intending release of the Zeta Gundam: A New Tranlsation movies.
So it is official.
DuelGundam2099

You know what I just thought of? What if it's a bit of a play on words? Turn A is a symbol that means "all" and they didn't directly say it was Turn A Gundam, so what if they're releasing all four series (ZZ, V, X, and Turn A), not just Turn A? Improbable, but not impossible.
eanetdude

DuelGundam2099 wrote:You know what I just thought of? What if it's a bit of a play on words? Turn A is a symbol that means "all" and they didn't directly say it was Turn A Gundam, so what if they're releasing all four series (ZZ, V, X, and Turn A), not just Turn A? Improbable, but not impossible.
Impossible? No. Improbable? Hell yes. Bandai would never take a huge gamble like that. It will be Turn-A. Only question is when and how.
Brave Fencer Kirby

DuelGundam2099 wrote:You know what I just thought of? What if it's a bit of a play on words?
They didn't even use the phrase "Turn A"...
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
AmuroNT1

@DuelGundam2099: Yeah, you're reading way too far into it. Bandai didn't outright say "Turn A", they just listed three pages from the TV Tropes Wiki; after some back-checking, people noticed that Turn A Gundam is the only show on the site that has all three tropes, so it's almost certainly going to be Turn A they're releasing rather than pulling any cute little tricks like you suggested.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kenji

Well, this is not only unexpected, but excellent. Turn-A is definitely one that'd get my money. Day One, even! :)
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Darkerangel

My thing is that it's 2010 and you already have come out with literally the majority of the gundam series. Might as well produce the remaining four (ZZ, V, X, and Turn A) out right. Two UC's and Two AU's.

ooo from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 do you guys think that, that's going to be Loran's & Gym Ghingham's official voice? And or that's what they are going to aim around for?
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
TakaTahuNuva

Darkerangel wrote:ooo from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 do you guys think that, that's going to be Loran's & Gym Ghingham's official voice? And or that's what they are going to aim around for?
I hope so, their voices really fit the characters (even though Loran was a bit whiny at times). But I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna go with new VAs, as it's probably simpler for them (see: Char's three different VAs).
ohhhh snap
Mu La Flaga

I am curious to hear if they will dub this release or not though?
As alot of people have said would be cheaper to release it sub only.
I suppose on other hand we could always hope for dubs maybe.
Dark Duel

As long as I get a Turn-A release, I don't care whether it's sub-only or dubbed. Of course, I'd rather have it dubbed so I can watch it in English if I choose to do so, but I'm cool either way.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."