It look like they're remaking Lord of the Elemental

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Zechs Merquise

Re: It look like they're remaking Lord of the Elemental

Well if Ryune is the intended name, then I shall now call her that.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Destiny_Gundam

Didn't Atlus use "Lune" and other localizations because Banpresto told them to?

EDIT: Scratch that. Sorry, should have read previous posts more carefully ^^"

Something I don't get, is that at the end of OG Gaiden didn't Masaki go back to La Gias, refusing Lune's offer of help saying his people would take care of their own problems? So why is she here now?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arsarcana

Because the events of OGG aren't setting up this game, they're setting up the events of SRW EX (presumably to be told in OG3). There's every indication that they plan to keep the Classic events in their original order, which means that the the first half of this game will take place before everything else* and the second half will take place after everything else.

Masaki's comments at the end of OGG and Ryune not following him sets up EX, though Ryune winds up getting summoned to La Gias anyways. Her being in La Gias during the events of the second half of this game is the result of deciding to stay following those events. Bamco releasing this game now is probably intended to introduce newer gamers to the whole La Gias story before its big debut in OGverse, or to reintroduce it to older fans since the last time we saw any of these characters not named Masaki, Shuu or Ryune was Alpha Gaiden.

* Well, before and during since there's an overlap between one stage of LoE and one stage of OG1 (the Antarctica stage where Masaki and Shuu show up for the first time). The connection didn't exist when the game was first made but since OG1 made it, I'll bet you anything we get an SRX team cameo.
Arsarcana

The new PV is out. Amid the usual eye candy we can see some of the new animations they've made for the weapon upgrades (Vanity Ripper is about as cool as you'd guess based on the artwork). Also, in addition to the original conversations on the field map, they're adding still art for dialogue events and cutins for some battle events. The end of the PV is all ultimate attacks. While the game may not have the full degree of animation that recent games have spoiled us on, I don't think anyone can complain much after they see Granzon in action. Kuruni probably will like Presia- sorry, 'Pulesia' and her rhythmic gymnastics of doom. :mrgreen:
Destiny_Gundam

Eh, I've never liked Masaki, so I'm really not too interested in this game. Really the only thing intising me to buy it is more Shu :D
Zechs Merquise

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Didn't Atlus use "Lune" and other localizations because Banpresto told them to?

EDIT: Scratch that. Sorry, should have read previous posts more carefully ^^"
Still sticking with Sanger Zonvolt till proven otherwise, as it plays into what it is based off. 8)
Arsarcana wrote:The new PV is out. Amid the usual eye candy we can see some of the new animations they've made for the weapon upgrades (Vanity Ripper is about as cool as you'd guess based on the artwork). Also, in addition to the original conversations on the field map, they're adding still art for dialogue events and cutins for some battle events. The end of the PV is all ultimate attacks. While the game may not have the full degree of animation that recent games have spoiled us on, I don't think anyone can complain much after they see Granzon in action. Kuruni probably will like Presia- sorry, 'Pulesia' and her rhythmic gymnastics of doom. :mrgreen:
Yeah, the animations are alot better then what I was expecting on the DS.
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Eh, I've never liked Masaki, so I'm really not too interested in this game. Really the only thing intising me to buy it is more Shu :D
Shuu is my second favorite original, but I love the Cybuster as well, Masaki is an ok person to I guess.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Kuruni

Kuruni probably will like Presia- sorry, 'Pulesia' and her rhythmic gymnastics of doom.
Wha?! Are you psychic? :mrgreen:

Visual upgrade is great. Vanity Ripper look WAY cooler than I though. Some characters like Eris and Xenia have more moe vibe on them. And I never though Nagzad look that fearsome.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arsarcana

Dunno, I always thought Xenia was pretty moe... and seriously deserving of a more impressive Masouki. I mean, she made the Duraxyll* and she's stuck with Norse Rei?

Anyhow, there's a new magazine scan out but the quality is so attrocious you can barely read anything. Lots more examples of event art and what you can read of the text shows that even the magazine is poking fun at Masaki's unwanted harem. Personally I'm still waiting to see if they do an art cutin for Monica and Saphine's first, uh, meeting.

* Since there aren't any Gundams for her to copy ideas from, who wants to bet that they'll throw in a line referencing the as-yet unseen EX events and how she got the look from the Huckebein series (possibly with input from Ryoto)?
angelwingzero

Was watching the new PV on Youtube. Was surprised to see that Thomas is apparently going to be in this game. I wonder when in the timeline takes place because isn't he killed in OG1?, and was he in the original Lord of Elemental game?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Wingnut

angelwingzero wrote: Was surprised to see that Thomas is apparently going to be in this game. isn't he killed in OG1?
Annoyingly, no. For some reason he manages to live through the DC war. He fights in the battle outside of Aidoneus Island but after the island falls to the EFA, we never hear from him again.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
angelwingzero

Wingnut wrote:
angelwingzero wrote: Was surprised to see that Thomas is apparently going to be in this game. isn't he killed in OG1?
Annoyingly, no. For some reason he manages to live through the DC war. He fights in the battle outside of Aidoneus Island but after the island falls to the EFA, we never hear from him again.
Ah, thanks. I guess that's why he didn't end up piloting a Valsion Custom later on. Does anyone know what the name of his new mech is?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Arsarcana

It's Ginseas, a Bagonian Masouki.

Timeline-wise, that segment has to take place in Part 2, after everything else in OGverse if they follow the Classical timeline. I suppose they could change that but in any case it's got to take place after OG3 or whichever game covers the events of EX. And yeah, he was in the original game so him dying in OG1 just wasn't going to happen. IIRC he does wind up dying in at least one route here.
Kuruni

He got killed in all routes :wink: . But depend on route, he may upgrade to Ribnanigga+ before you tear him apart.

BTW, I hope they re-release masouki linearts. We definity love Duraxyl in colors.
Arsarcana

Gotta say, I'm surprised they said they aren't including a character/mecha database. You'd think they'd include it for a game with a pretty involved cast and that provides the backstory for the original Banpresto Originals. Not to mention that info about the machines and characters both is kind of spread out among LotE, EX and @G and it would be nice to have it all in one place. Oh well, maybe when they cover EX (provided that they expand it to include the whole cast)...

In any event, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a limited edition or a preorder bonus booklet with artwork for all the machines. I'd certainly love to see some bigger, colored artwork of a bunch of the Masouki.

Also, I really hope someone comes up with a code so you can add Duraxyl to your team. Xenia demands a worthwhile machine for all the work she does. And I demand Eulid finally get its remote weapons. Please?
angelwingzero

I've got some more questions (big surprise, lol) since can't read Japanese.

1) What time(s) in the OGverse does this cover? I heard it covered Masaki's (and Shu I guess) story before they show up in Antarctica in OG1 and tells how he get the Cybuster.

2) What does Masaki do at the end of OG Gaiden? I thought he ends up going back to La Gias, which is when I thought the later half of this game would take place.
Kuruni

1. The first chapter take place sometime before OG1. Second chapter suppose to set after Guest conflict, which is yet uncover in OGverse.

2. Yup. He return to La Gias, just like in SRW 3.
Bright Noa

Wingnut wrote:
OG Gaiden has Thomas....
Spoiler
joining the EFA.
But after that, we know nothing of what happens to him.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Destiny_Gundam

So what happens in EX and why is it important?
Arsarcana

In real-world terms, it was the first game to introduce the Masoukishin setting and characters. It's the game when all the surface-dwellers get summoned to La Gias, thus explaining how Thomas winds up there. Mio appears for the first time as a result of the mass summoning and immediately gets off on the wrong foot with Masaki. Ryune sees this place Masaki calls home and ultimately winds up moving down there permanently. Oh, and there's a little war that majorly alters the situation in La Gias (and for several characters) between Part 1 and Part 2 of LotE.
Spoiler
Namely, Feil trying to unite La Gias by force (he's got his reasons) and Shu being freed from Volkruss' influence.
The first stage of Part 2 is basically Masaki, Ryune, Mio and Xenia recapping the events for anyone who didn't play EX.

Needless to say, the way OGG ends sets up EX perfectly.
Destiny_Gundam

If I recall correctly, this is the timeline where
Spoiler
Shu comes back from the dead, teams up with Masaki to beat Volkruss and they become best buds at the end
right?