It look like they're remaking Lord of the Elemental

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Kuruni

It look like they're remaking Lord of the Elemental

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010 ... more-11906

Good to see it, but I will save excitement for Presia :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: It look like they're remaking Lord of the Elemental

Any mention if this is just a straight remake or is it supposed to be a sequel to OG Gaiden?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wingnut

From the looks of the scans, it seems to be a straight remake. I wouldn't put it past them to drop a couple references to events in the OG timeline though.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mu La Flaga

Be cool to see how this one turns out, wonder if Atlus would bother translating it maybe or not.
Bonesy!

Mu La Flaga wrote:Be cool to see how this one turns out, wonder if Atlus would bother translating it maybe or not.
please, none of that speculation in that thread, I see it enough on SRW Hotnews

also that scan is fake, http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010 ... more-11926 is the real deal
ZeroBusterXX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Any mention if this is just a straight remake or is it supposed to be a sequel to OG Gaiden?
Well, it's got the "OG" in the title so...
Zechs Merquise

This is one I'm very much looking forward to, I am big SRW player.
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Wingnut

Got ourselves a PV. Release date set as May 27th.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Den Sethos

I got something running around inside my mind: what if they simply include an alternate ending? Like the creation of Asakim?
That would justify the name OG Saga and give us an explanation for Asakim's existence.
Bright Noa

Den Sethos wrote:I got something running around inside my mind: what if they simply include an alternate ending? Like the creation of Asakim?
That would justify the name OG Saga and give us an explanation for Asakim's existence.
Probably not. Terada said around the time of Z's release that the Originals of that game were designed without OG in mind. In other words, if they were going to enter OG, they'd have to be tweaked considerably, and would probably done as a full (or 75-90% full) set rather than broken up over the course of several games. In other words, don't expect Asakim to show up at all.

The OG Saga part most likely means that the remake is going to tie into the Original Generation series, rather than the Classic timeline. Part 1 is pretty much going to be set well before OG1. Part 2 is probably going to be tweaked to occur after OG Gaiden.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Mu La Flaga

Wingnut wrote:Got ourselves a PV. Release date set as May 27th.
That is nice for on the DS, nice looking animations and all.
Saikuba

So we have this + Endless Frontier Exceed so far that can make it to America. It makes me wonder if they manage to sell well if there might be some thought towards serving the American market by making OG games more of a regular occurrence. Probably not going to happen, but I can dream.
Dark Duel

Valsione R alone makes this game a DO WANT on my list. That thing is great.
Also, the other machines in LoE, like Jaohm(sp? it's that awesome-looking green one Masaki used to pilot before Cybuster).
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arsarcana

I like how they're adding stuff to distinguish the upgrade attacks from the originals. Check out Cybuster's nice new Vanity Ripper. Shame about the lack of voices but I suppose you can't have everything.
Den Sethos wrote:I got something running around inside my mind: what if they simply include an alternate ending? Like the creation of Asakim?
Terada says no. Besides, whatever Asakim is, he doesn't belong in the original La Gias populated by the characters we know. An alternate universe version maybe but this is Masaki's game and Masaki's universe.
Bright Noa wrote:Part 2 is probably going to be tweaked to occur after OG Gaiden.
I'm guessing there won't be any tweaking (or at least, nothing major). There's nothing in the story that really compells them to do so, plus OGG sets up EX's story and there's the issue of why Ryuune would be in La Gias when the end of OGG has her not following Masaki. Sure, they could rewrite things but it would be easier to just leave them as they are and let the Classic events play out in the order they're supposed to.
Den Sethos

Terada says no. Besides, whatever Asakim is, he doesn't belong in the original La Gias populated by the characters we know. An alternate universe version maybe but this is Masaki's game and Masaki's universe.
Okay, I had overlooked that one.
Though, an alternate ending would not really have had any impact: leave it at non cannon, possible outcome but nothing and it could work.

It's good to know old games still get some attention. We can still hope for a remake of the Alpha games on handheld (Alpha 1 would be nice, since it's not even playable on PSP via eboot... As opposed to Alpha Gaiden, which works just fine and was translated.).
Kuruni

I think the tweak will be subtle. Like some dialogue (Masaki and Lune known Thomas already in OG verse, for instance). At best, we will get hint of what OG3 might be if it's really replace EX in OG verse. But I doubt one will see anything if skipping all dialogue.

I'm still wait to see Presia-tan though :mrgreen: .
Arsarcana

I'd watch it with the Presia comments. I understand that in Langran, restraining orders are enforced with Masouki. One Tsurugi no Mai or Grand Napalm could ruin your whole day. :D
Kuruni

By the name of moe goddess! They finally reveal Presia-tan!
Zechs Merquise

I'm more happy to see Mio and Zamzeed. 8)
Currently Playing:Super Robot Wars J
Currently Watching: Ideon
Arsarcana

And the official site is up. It's pretty much got what you'd expect; background info on the Classic timeline and the original LoE, a Story page that copies the original opening crawl right down to the background music, the PV and a System page (under construction). The nicest thing to look at right now is the Character/Mechanic page. Big shots of the new Masouki(shin) and character artwork including Galguard of all units for the former and Wendy (about time) and Shuu for the latter. I like how they're not really bothering to hide that Ricardo dies and gets replaced halfway through.

Speaking of characters, whatever Bamco decided she should be called overseas, they seem to have stuck with Ryune here. Of course, they also called Kuruni's Goddess of Moe Pulesia but whatever, at least they've dropped 'Lune'.