SRW OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Bright Noa

Re: SRW OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed

My only question is: why does Axel only have ONE tonfa? I mean, seeing as how his moveset is basically Soulgain's attacks...why give Axel only one tonfa?

Unless Axel is going to take a page from Roronoa Zoro and use Alfimi as a Einst-Clone-katana-tonfa-combo....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Wingnut

Who knows?

Anyway new promo video to enjoy.

Nacht and Abend confirmed for their same roles. Arkgain also confirmed as Axel's personal helper mech. (Code Kirin!) Almfi does not have her machine of course, but she does bring out smaller versions of the two familiars it had to shoot beams with and also the same time-stopping-sword-stabby move she used before. The two of them also seem to share one slot in the lineup as they are shown here attacking together in a normal attack turn.

If my sources are correct about what they hear on the official website, it also seems that both Axel and Almfi got some form of amnesia during whatever it was that brought them to the Endless Frontier. Thus we get the Silly Axel persona from A to enjoy once again. Almfi also seems more "opened up" rather than her somewhat closed off self in OG and sounds a little bit more like her origin self. (And not just because they share a VA either.)
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Bright Noa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei4srS5Yz1c
New video is out.

Pause at 0:07 for a surprise reveal.
Kuruni

Nice to see Dorothy as support, I wonder if any of the Orchestral Army will join later?

And it's good to see Momo, even if she's just support :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Saikuba

Wait, you get Axel in your party in this game?

Looks like I'm going to buy this, even if the plot was as nonexistent and the fanservice is so ridiculously pervasive as in the first game. Especially if it gets bundled with a cd with Soulgain's theme, because seriously.
Destiny_Gundam

I'm so looking forward to having fight each of them at least twice x.o
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kenji

Now that M.O.M.O. has shown up, my sister wants this game, which means I now care if it comes to America, because it's a perfect candidate for a gift on whatever holiday is nearby. :) I would've suggested it on Atlus USA's official forums, but some douche was irritating the mods by spamming them with demands for OGG and OGs so badly that they eliminated all Original Generation discussion topics, forum-wide.

Anyway, this has prompted me to buy the original Endless Frontier to give it a test drive, just in case Exceed makes it Stateside.

Incidentally, and I'm pretty sure this is just coincidence, the two Xenosaga spinoff games that were canned once Episode III sold abysmally were named Xenosaga Frontier and Xenosaga Exceed... now, ain't that funny?
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Wingnut

Kenji wrote:I would've suggested it on Atlus USA's official forums, but some douche was irritating the mods by spamming them with demands for OGG and OGs so badly that they eliminated all Original Generation discussion topics, forum-wide.
Dumbass putz.

Anyway, a new 14 minute plus PV for you to enjoy. It seems that the extra goodies are also going to show how both AxFimi and Fighter Roar (who is the same guy in the armor as the OG incarnation, BTW) got to the Endless Frontier. The PV makes it sound like some tweaking with the Compatible Kaiser ended up dumping him in EF land somehow.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

And it's got a cool new Nana song to go with it. Silent Bible? Have to keep an eye out for it.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Saikuba

Incidentally, and I'm pretty sure this is just coincidence, the two Xenosaga spinoff games that were canned once Episode III sold abysmally were named Xenosaga Frontier and Xenosaga Exceed... now, ain't that funny?
Well, Monolith Soft has a hand in both Xenosaga and Endless Frontier (hence why KOS-MOS, etc. show up when there aren't many crossovers), so it's probably just a case of having subtitles that they thought were cool and wanted to use somewhere.
angelwingzero

Wow, hell just froze over. Apparently Saya and T-elos are support characters now. :shock:
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Wingnut

New battle preview video.
Featuring old bosses turned allies, new Frontier gage attacks, yet another remix of the Ash to Ash theme, player use of the Forced Evasion, and the most unlikely of allies fighting together.

Scans also show a fight between Axel/Almfi and Haken and his Gespenst with the player in control of the former. I'd guess it to be one of those first meeting fights then they become friends deal. Yet another event made possible only by the amnesia as Axel would know exactly who they are just by looking at them.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
ZeroBusterXX

Wow.

I knew about everyone but Katze.

And the ratio of playable men to women is everyone worse now.
Kuruni

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And it's got a cool new Nana song to go with it. Silent Bible? Have to keep an eye out for it.
One that use in OP is 'UNCHAIN∞WORLD". I'm not sure if the single is officially release or not.

It's great song.
Saikuba

So, what, nearly every single boss from the first game is now a support character? I have to say that I didn't see that coming.
Saikuba

So... this game is out now in Japan. Anyone heard any more news about its contents and/or the possibility of a US release?
Kuruni

Everyone seem to gone crazy after fighting W05. I'm yet to see his name since they keep call him proto-Wordan :mrgreen: .
Bright Noa

Kuruni wrote:Everyone seem to gone crazy after fighting W05. I'm yet to see his name since they keep call him proto-Wordan :mrgreen: .
Akurasu states that his name is Gimnos Basileus.
Kuruni

Basileus...

Wait, that's the mecha dragon used to upgade Granteed to Granteed Dracodeus in J.