Titan Maximum

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Titan Maximum

Anyone else catch this? It was kinda accurate in it's portrayal of several science fiction and mecha shows balled into one thing.

I laughed.

Does this count as Anime or Manga since it's spoofing them?
Attomoku

Re: Titan Maximum

^Good enough, its an animated form of media

I thought it was good and payed great homage to all those old super robot shows like Voltron I watched as a kid. The Japanese ending song even had me laughing for its ridiculousness. Seth Green really knows his audience and was great as the villain, you know he enjoyed playing that part.
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
ZeroBusterXX

I loved this! It had a surprisingly high number of homages.
Spoiler
The fat guy's death was almost as gruesome as Musashi's many deaths, only not nearly as heroic as most of his
ORegan

What day and time is it on? I missed the premiere. >_<
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Amadi Akintunde

ORegan wrote:What day and time is it on? I missed the premiere. >_<
Every Sunday at 11:30, EST.
Vent Noir

They had a screening of the first episode followed by a panel at the Armageddon convention down here today. I enjoyed it, and yes, the creators are definitely into anime.

They said they had about ten seasons planned out, if it survives that long, and some more serious plots along with the comedy, which is a good thing to know.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
asterphage

I liked how the original three male team members were assigned colors on the basis of how much of the "alpha male" they are, and the two female team members have colors that match their hair.

After the third ep and its superconducting coil (or whatever it was), and the distraction of the diamond drill, I was kind of hoping that the series woud proceed to show Gibbs stealing ever more boring items for whatever he's building. But ep 4's target was... a tank of antimatter or something? Not quite as banal.

Also slightly disappointed that Willie Palmer didn't seem to meet the shy Hammerschmiddtt heiress in ep 4. I thought they were going for something there.
-Paul Segal