Transformers the movie thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Corvus Moore

One part of the 'announcement'(they don`t even try to call it a trailer,so props to them) thats reassuring though is the CG on the Transformers logo,they put that much time and attention into that,you know it`ll be quality stuff for the starring attractions.Wonder if we`ll get some cannon-fodder so the bots will actually take hits during the fights.
Scyron

Enki wrote:Does anybody hope that they at least get the original actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker to voice their old characters Optimus Prime and Megatron? That alone would make the whole world watch it and say it was great and not have the whole world watch it and complain about the new voices (if any).
I'd actually like Leonard Nimoy for Megatron like the Transformers: Movie--cartoon. That is if he was Megatron's voice, I know he did Galvatron--Megatron 2.0.
codename:v

Too bad we will never get to hear Starscream as the voice actor has already passed away, looks to me most of the original voice overs would be replaced by new ones. Would we get to hear Soundwave and Ironhide again?
Vega Vaikyuko

I'm not sure about Ironhide, but Soundwave was confirmed to be in the film. I believe he was going to be turned into a CD player, though. Plus, there are apparently going to be an iPod and X-Box 360 Transformers as well (though no mention of what side they'll be on, I'm betting the iPod is Autobot to combat Soundwave and that the X360 is Decepticon, just to make everyone laugh at Microsoft's product actually being evil).

@Kokopelli: Just a minor nitpick - they crashed on Earth, repaired themselves, and during the repair process, somehow used some sort of future technology to absorb the forms of current vehicles, presumably as a part of the repairs. The Decepticons were in the same boat and I believe they landed near a military base or something (I have to watch Season 1 again). It explains why Starscream, Thundercracker, and that other guy were all fighter jets and why Megatron was originally a gun.

It does look like they're retooling the plotline a bit though - Mars? Mars better be referred to as Cybertron. :P
toysdream wrote:...any wave with a frequency between 1 and 300 GHz could fit this loose definition, whether it's a wave of light or sound or, I dunno, chocolate.
Folken Fanel

You could always take the Warhammer way out and say that the Machine God is imprisoned in the Face.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
EZero8

Vega Vaikyuko wrote:It does look like they're retooling the plotline a bit though - Mars? Mars better be referred to as Cybertron. :P
Mars? Cybertron? What are people gonna think of next? :wink:

But really, that could be an interesting point in the plot. I can imagine Optimus getting confused over this little tidbit. :D

I wonder if they are gonna mention Unicron at all in this movie.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Folken Fanel

I really don't see this movie being particularly good. I saw the teaser last night when I saw Pirates of the Carribean. Good Lord, people can't figure out s**t can they? I'm the only person in the entire theater who gets that it's Transformers. I swear, about ten people in there didn't know what Transformers were. But that's for another topic.
Vega Vaikyuko

Folken, what was the general age of people in there? People my age (I was born in 1989) completely missed when the Transformers were airing on TV and most likely have only ever heard the name and that's it. There's only a few of us who actually have gone back and watched it (myself included - used to rent the VHS tapes done by f.h.s. until Blockbuster stopped carrying VHS, then I bought Season 1 of G1 on DVD).

@EZero8: I don't think that they'll mention Unicron unless they feel they can get away with it in a similar way that the original Spider-Man film got away with mentioning Eddie Brock - briefly in one sentence and never again. :wink:

I'm just hoping all my favorite Decepticons and Autobots are portrayed faithfully, especially Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, and if they're in it, the Dinobots. Having Dinobots would make the movie instantly kick all kinds of booty. :D
toysdream wrote:...any wave with a frequency between 1 and 300 GHz could fit this loose definition, whether it's a wave of light or sound or, I dunno, chocolate.
Newtype87

Vega Vaikyuko wrote:Folken, what was the general age of people in there? People my age (I was born in 1989) completely missed when the Transformers were airing on TV and most likely have only ever heard the name and that's it. There's only a few of us who actually have gone back and watched it (myself included - used to rent the VHS tapes done by f.h.s. until Blockbuster stopped carrying VHS, then I bought Season 1 of G1 on DVD).
I agree with that completely. Robots in Disguise was my first introduction to Transformers. I saw like, five episodes all total. From reviews of the show, I didn't miss all that much. Armada was the last one that I really watched. Watched about half of Energon, and maybe five episodes of Cybertron. Heck, I don't know anything about the original Transformers! Which means they can do whatever they want to the plot, and half of the audience probably won't know that it's any different. Should that make me sad.

And no, I never watch Beast Wars/Machines.

PS: Folken, how was Pirates?
Folken Fanel

Vega: I'd say that most of the people in there were from my age(15) to twenty-five. There was a small amount of twelve and thirteen year olds.

Newtype: The movie was awesome. You'll never guess the ending in a million years.
codename:v

Overall, the website(not up yet) gave me a feeling that it packed more steel and iron than the animated series. Something like Optimus being in a form like an APU (Matrix) And they make it sounds like Mars is Cybertron after all.
Vega Vaikyuko

@Newtype: You should see about watching G1 and Beast Wars, if possible - I personally think those were the best shows of the entire franchise (seen just about everything else, though not in entirety - I definitely couldn't stand Energon and Armada, though more bearable, was borderline).

@Folken: Ah, I see. That might explain it. I went to see Pirates 2 yesterday and the first trailer they played was the teaser for Transformers. Since I live in what I not-so-affectionately refer to as a retirement community, most of the people recognized it, from what I could see (there was a lot of hushed talking before the next preview came on).
tetsujin

Folken Fanel wrote:Newtype: The movie Pirates of the Carribean 2was awesome. You'll never guess the ending in a million years.
Yeah, 'cause it hasn't ended yet... :\
mcred23

Gee, way to give away the ending tetsujin. :evil:

Besides, thats off topic. This thread is about the Transformer, not Pirates.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
tetsujin

mcred23 wrote:Gee, way to give away the ending tetsujin. :evil:
Oh, please. It's not like I told you about Darth Vader's true identity or anything.
mcred23

Still. Be considerate for those who have yet to see the movie.

And like I said before, its off topic and doesn't belong in this thread. If you want to discuss that movie, make a seperate thread for it.

tetsujin

mcred23 wrote:Still. Be considerate for those who have yet to see the movie.
I am. I didn't drop anything about the plot of the thing - just fair warning that if you're going in expecting to see one entire movie, you might be disappointed as you'll have to come back later for the other half.
mcred23

Alright, thats enough on that subject already. If you have anything at all to say about that movie, expectations or whatever, make a thread for it as it doesn't belong in this one.

And this will be the last time the subject of that movie comes up this thread. Simple.

8)

Blade of the Red Comet

I'll be happy with the new Transformers Movie as long as they have this: :lol:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/541/
Blazing Dagger

I've read many articals about it including interveiws with Michael Bay and Steven Speilberg. I have to say that this looks very good. I know for a fact that there will be a trilogy that "YES" will include UNICRON!!! It is completely based on G1 with non of the Hotshot, minicon, Cyber key crap. And from all that I've heard...... This is going to be one hell of a movie. Plus with Steven Speilberg as one and primary Producers, I have to say that I am inpressed. I see tons of info about it all the time at Superherohype.com Tformers.com and Allspark.com

And beleive me when I say that all that I've heard and that trailer are just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh, And I heard Starscream will be a F-22 Raptor.

Plus......... I don't konw it this is related but there is a USA Live action Voltron on the way as well as talks for a Robotech one as well.