Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
ydawg314

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - Another one?! Already?! 7/05/09

wow awesome pose. looks really badass :)
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - Another one?! Already?! 7/05/09

Since my computer died and I've been forced to operate from a really ZOINKS-y laptop, I've had to halt progress on my 3D design (It's on the primary drive on my old computer, which I fear may be broken). Until then, I decided to start work on the third and final unfinished knightmare frame I started awhile back; the one I was modeling after Saber from Fate/Stay Night!

About oh, say 60% complete? Just need to add the lower torso and legs and I'll be done.

"Saber" Knightmare Frame 60% Complete

This particular Knightmare Frame, a Britannian-made Xth Generation (Same Generation as Justine and Caennard) goes back to Knightmare combat roots. It's primarily a ground-based unit, and though it has integrated float system capabilities, it's primarily given to this Frame so it can get into the air and disable the flight units of other aerial units, so it can engage them on the ground. It's ground capabilities are quite astounding. The large sword-like tips on it's shoulder shields? While capable of launching like Slash Harkens, they also double as large Epyon-like beam sabers using a powerful new weapons system called the VPS, or "Variable Particle System". So they drop from the shield, attached to a cable like Epyon's sword, and used in much a similar manner. :D

All of it's weapons are pretty much swords of various design and function, named after legendary swords from myth. It's only ranged weapon is a pair of high-concentration particle cannons on it's shoulders, similar to the ones used on the Justine but to a far lesser output and firing size/range.
Nightwing03

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - Third KMF in-progress! 7/19/09

Interesting, i recall seeing this KMF along with the other 2, not sure if there were more in progress, but for some reason i remember 5 (Maybe thats just my lack of sleep thinking that). I also remember saying the Chest is pretty much like Saber's from FSN. Looks pretty badass Turinu, cant wait to see the complete version. :D
♣♦♠♥
Turinu

Here's something slightly new, to keep my thread from falling to page two!

I got bored in-between frankening projects, and decided to tear up my Justine, and gave it battle scars!

Battle-Scarred Justine Knightmare Frame

Not as awesome as it could have been, but I still like the way the scars and wear came out. :o
ShadowCell

How did you do the scarring and wear?
Turinu

I took a brush at size one and filled in a small area rather sloppily, then changed the color and filled the innards at varying shades and opacity. Making the outer black line thick and thin in certain areas tends to make it look more proper. I also individually selected each colored area and used layer options to add minor shadowing and satin overlays; not too intense, but enough to make it feel darker and more worn compared to it's usually bright-looking self.

Everything else was sloppily done by individually selecting areas and using different brushes through the Multiply, Screen, Overlay or Color Burn options.
ShadowCell

Awesome, thanks.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

(Oi, here we go!)

http://home.comcast.net/~turinu/Franken ... carfin.png

Very good, sir! I wouldn't have the patience to do all of this. Can you imagine being an animator and having to do this kind of detail for every single frame??? I also like the design of the Justine itself. It's very elegant, I would say. I personally have a hard time using blue and yellow (gold?) together, but you've balanced it very well on this design. I like the thighs and tail. By the way, what kicked its ass so hard?

http://home.comcast.net/~turinu/Franken ... kmffin.png

This design is very neat, but I think it needs more detail; like panel lines and somesuch.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/ ... alx2-1.png

Ho man, this design is fantastic. I love every part of it, especially the thighs and torso. Have you gotten any progress on this one? You don't do a lot of dark frames, so this one looks particularly neat to me. Very good color choices.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/ ... ercomp.png

Epyon swords!! This would be an awesome frame to use in combat. Again, a very nice design to accomodate your combat ideas. The geometry on this frame has a lot of continuous surfaces/planes, so I recommend breaking that up a little with panel lines or notches.

Shori, even though I haven't tried to put one on paper yet, I'm pretty sure that I would suck with ship design. My GW project needs a high speed carrier designed for it. The problem is, the carrier design in GW tends to be a little unique compared to the rest of Gundam. There are no navy styled ships, and they all either have front facing bridges or internal bridges. I'm hoping to keep inside that design technique but still make an appropriate ship. You think you have any ideas that could help me out? =)
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Turinu

Unfortunately I'm still a bit fresh when it comes to ship design, too. I don't remember enough about the very few ships Gundam Wing has to give any good pointers towards replicating their design structures. D:

In other news, I've finally started up Project Daeg Hagal X again, with it's shoulders. Any ideas on how I should add to them?

Daeg Hagal X, Shoulders
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Oh, that's fine. I figured I never really accomplish anything good unless I struggle and suffer for it first. I guess we'll see some ugly looking carriers soon. I don't even care about carriers, either. >_>

Those shoulders look standard-ish compared to the rest of the frame. =p Recently, I've been playing around with the idea of shoulders that rise vertically instead of jutting out to the sides. Since this guy will be sword fighting at very fast speeds, I recommend putting some binders on his shoulders that can help him counterbalance during his fights. Something like the binders found on the Ex-S shoulders, but I think you should use much longer ones so their balancing effect is more dramatic. I would also anchor them to the back of the shoulders instead of on top. Or maybe anchoring them to the outsides of the shoulders could be nifty as well. Just make sure that the binders have as large a range of motion as possible.

I know this fellow is supposed to transform, so the extra binders could either help that out or make it more complicated to do. >.>
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Turinu

Here's the current concept I have for the shoulders; kind of like what you were thinking of except more compact. They can swivel and emit "pulses" of this particular unit's unique kind of thrust for instantaneous side-dashing (Or dashing upwards, or at angles, depending on the position of the shoulder binders).

Probably gonna make it to where you can also mount stuff, like shields or additional equipment on them.
Mr. Hanekoma

I'm really impressed by your work, Shori. I don't think I've seen anything as good as your frankens before. I dare say you might be the best artist on this board. You're style is unique to you alone, despite a lot of people's attempts to copy it, and it looks like you've gotten to the point where you don't even franken anymore, you just draw all your own stuff.

I especially like your Knightmares, especially the Justine. Very impressive. Keep up the good work.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Turinu

Awwh, shucks, you're inflating my ego too much~. I shall try to live up to the skill and style you've stated I have~!

On that note, another day another pose, and more progress on the Daeg Hagal X Project.

Started on the rest of the legs, finished the shoulders and made it a folding gun, kind of like Cherudim's Sniper Rifle, except instead of folding into a sub-machine gun, it folds into a beam spray cannon~!

Daeg Hagal X Project Dual Wielding Guns
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - An Incomplete Airship! 8/28/09

So while I was taking a break on the Daeg Hagal X (A pain making feet, I tell you), I decided to make an airship.

Pretty much done, just need to add a few side-mounted jet turbines and a few propellers here and there.

Airship!

Playing around with some Google Sketch-up plugins, I found that it isn't very buoyant; or rather, balanced. It falls flat on it's side in the water... need to fix that. D;
Geoxile

Impressive, I say just line the shoulder with internal thrusters that slide open, kinda like the Shining Gundam. What'd you use to make the 3D renders?

Oh and the bridge look a bit huge on the airship.

As for Seraphic, there is beauty in simplicity >_>
Panel lines are a damnable thing, just look at the MG OYW Gundam.
Antares

Might I also suggest making the turrets a bit sturdier? Even if they are beam cannons and the length is for cooling (and there would not need to be too much support to counteract recoil or such), the length of the barrel makes the turret they are mounted on look a little too light. Or shorten the barrel a tad, especially since those turrets look like they are rather mobile guns. Quickly re-alignable guns tend to speak of versatility and accuracy over power, but the length of those guns suggests they also go for power in a big way. Of course, since I don't have your technical notes, I'm just guessing here. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Turinu

Lol, no technical notes or anything; just made it without any foreknowledge on cannons or ships and stuff like that. I'll adjust the size of the cannons a bit, but yeah, they're primarily designed for mobility and accuracy over power.
Turinu

So, I'm taking a quick break from working on the Daeg Hagal X (I plan on restarting it again once I get tutored on how to use Maya 2010), and instead decided to just whip up a simple, yet cool looking mecha design.

Current Progress

Don't know what to call it yet, but aside from a dark color scheme, I get a strong White Glint vibe from the way I designed it. Head doesn't really have much articulation, being unable to turn, but it can tilt up or down +/- 10 degrees. Torso can also bend like the Daeg Hagal X's. Not dead set on a color scheme yet, but I like this current one.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anything you think the design should have?
Toxicity

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - New Lazy Project - 9/5/09

Vanguard Overbooster.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - New Lazy Project - 9/5/09

Lol. I'm too lazy to design something like that.

Progress!

Added some back-mounted thrusters, on top of starting the arms and thighs.