Nightwing's Alternate Universe: Hydra Aqua Trooper!

The place to share your artwork.
young_oldtype

Knightly. And yes, you do have to put spaces between the body and the limbs.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Turinu

Nightwing03 wrote:Aha! I knew something was wrong with the legs, but i thought it was just me, so i just pretty much need to make the waist wider and space out the legs to fix that problem. The arms i can pretty much instantly fix that so hopefully ill be able to finish the tweeked version tomorrow! Oh and the left foot, is it because it looks flat? Cheers for the tips Seraphic!
Aye, when I first saw that thing I thought it was a gimped midget mobile suit, the legs did not work at all with the entire upper body due to their position. But yeah, spacing them out should definitely make it look better. The right leg doesn't need to be moved too far to the right, but the left leg really needs to be moved left quite a bit. Maybe extend their length a little bit too, if it still doesn't look right after that.
Draco Starcloud

You're not trying to steal my color scheme again, are you? :p

Looks great. A very appropriate color scheme too.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Nightwing03

Lies Draco! You stole mine! XD

My Paladin darkened with the blue parts glowing?
THE TWEAKED PALADIN

I did pretty much everything, moved the left leg over + extended it and moved the left arm over aswell. 8)
♣♦♠♥
Josh

Is the black/glowing blue Paladin suppose to be so dark all I see is the general shape of it with the blue? :?

Anyway, I commented and favorite'd it. Nice work!
Dynames

Nightwing03 wrote:Lies Draco! You stole mine! XD

My Paladin darkened with the blue parts glowing?
THE TWEAKED PALADIN

I did pretty much everything, moved the left leg over + extended it and moved the left arm over aswell. 8)
The tweaked one looks pretty good
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Nightwing03

Josh wrote:Is the black/glowing blue Paladin suppose to be so dark all I see is the general shape of it with the blue? :?

Anyway, I commented and favorite'd it. Nice work!
Yeap, i just wanted to emphasize the blue parts pretty much.
♣♦♠♥
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I think the black looking frame is just done as a visual effect. You guys take everything so literally. -_-;

And you didn't keep the original version. I personally like to keep track of different versions so I can look at my progress. It also has a humbling/shaming effect on you though, haha.

The tweaked frame is looking much nicer. I do have one last suggestion for it though. I think the skirt and pelvic sections are too small. This is probably part of the reason why Shori got that particular impression of it being too short earlier.

If you think about what's underneath/behind the two plates of the front skirt, your Paladin will look like the top of its thighs probably connect almost directly to its waist. That kinda means, at least in a vertical sense, that it's missing a pelvic structure. You can accomodate a fix by taking the legs as a whole and lowering them a tad. You may also need to enlarge or lengthen the skirt somewhat. Hopefully you can do that in a way that doesn't interfere with its swords/side things.

Once you do that, the Paladin will have a better sense of height, which I think will be important for this particular frame. I think that's the last fix I will bother you about. I think it's a rather important one, and I hope it doesn't frustrate you too much. It's all a learning process, anyway.

This pelvic structure is actually completely absent in some official designs. But I study in the vein of Katoki and Yanase, and they do pretty good work with it. I think that Paladin would look best in a similar style.

And about that foot thing, I think young_oldtype's thread has a discussion of that particular problem. You should probably carry your studies over there. Even though it's a hand-drawn section, the same principles should apply to frankens. Hopefully you'll be able to apply the same ideas. And checking back on some of your earlier work, some of your frankens actually do avoid the problem you're seeing on the Paladin. It might be a hard fix.

=o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Nightwing03

Alright so basically enlarge the front skirts and lower the legs a bit. Um, i do keep all my versions, i think i have 6 or 7 files named Paladin in my WIP folder, most of em are like different legs and stuff. I've still got the one from before aswell. Oh the left foot thing, it is because the base of the foot looks flat right? O_O

After fixing those problems i think i will have completed the
perfect franken (meaning no problems):D Thanks for all the corrections Seraphic 8)
♣♦♠♥
Nightwing03

Re: Nightwing's Alternate Universe: Hydra Aqua Trooper!

I'm baccckk, and i'm too lazy to use that sign in/out thread, since i never officially signed out so yea. Now, time to post something that was already half finished but lack of motivation and ideas led me to stop continuing with it.

Now presenting the 3rd Trooper in my Trooper series...

Hydra Aqua Trooper!

Man, this place has changed quite a bit
♣♦♠♥
Turinu

Aye, the Art and Multimedia forum has pretty much come to a near-standstill now. People rarely post work and when they do, there's very little commentary D:

People only come here to make requests these days; and even then, those are rarely fulfilled.

That being said, good work on this. Wonder how well it could operate in the bayou? (Is that how it's spelt? XD)
Geoxile

Heh, the turbines are a bit overbearing but still pretty good bro. It's definitely got a hydro feel partially BECAUSE of the turbines.
Josh

Nice to see you're back nightwing, and with such a neat suit.

And for the record:
Shori wrote: That being said, good work on this. Wonder how well it could operate in the bayou? (Is that how it's spelt? XD)
Yes that's how it's spelt.
Nightwing03

No one really cares about our art anymore?
Whatever happened to v_zubko (i think that was his name) fulfilling most of the custom requests?

Hmm, i might have my 4th trooper soon, maybe in a day or 2 :D
♣♦♠♥
Nightwing03

As promised, heres my 4th Trooper, finished in about 2 days- more like 17 hours but yea...now i'm probably gonna return to the grave for 10 weeks, unless i make 1 more trooper..highly doubtful though

oh here it is...
Falcon Aero Trooper
♣♦♠♥
Turinu

The arms feel short for some reason, even though they look to be the right length. I also pointed out an error on Dev Art. :o

This one's got a bit of Epsilon in him, or rather shares similar parts, like the shoulders and back-mounted thruster-like thingies. :3
Nightwing03

Yea, i was looking at the arms for like 10 minutes after i completed it, they look too short but for some reason they are the right length. Maybe it has something to do with the legs?
♣♦♠♥
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

http://nightwing03.deviantart.com/art/F ... -130055097

Oh, I think I know the problem. This guy has a lot of the same scaling issues that your old Paladin had. The torso and head are way too large compared to the limbs. I would scale up the arms and the entire lower body, and the head looks too large compared to the torso, so I would shrink that a little. If that's a possible fix, try that out, and I think the design will look much more nimble and sleek after.

How good is your Vietnamese, Nightwing? My grandpa tried to teach me the vietnamese alphabet when I was little, but he gave up because I sucked at it, I guess. And I must sound like a retard whenever I try to talk to my parents. What a disgrace I am. At least I'll always have my English skills. >_>; x,x
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel