What's Your Current Manga?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Red Comet90

Re: What's Your Current Manga?

I just read the first 3 volumes of Crossbone Gundam and I have to say I'm impressed. Its a lot better than F90 or Silhouette F91 IMO. Although it does have some of the typical Gundam things like the
Spoiler
evil looking Gundam's pilot ending up being a traitor.

I recommend it to anybody who's interested in Crossbone or late UC or just Gundam in general.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Imperial

I regularly read Bleach, even if it's been rather disappointing since the Soul Society arc ended. My inner completionist is the main motivation for keeping with it at this point.

I started toLOVEru, but that didn't go anywhere. Whacky harem shenanigans have never amused me, so I don't know why I bothered in the first place. I dropped it.

I need to play catch up with Guyver and Berserk. It's been some time since I read either one. Of course, it's only a matter of time before I hit the wall again and have to play the waiting game.
This space for rent
Red Comet90

Imperial wrote:I regularly read Bleach, even if it's been rather disappointing since the Soul Society arc ended. My inner completionist is the main motivation for keeping with it at this point.
I have the same feelings for Bleach at the moment. The Arrancar arc is good, but not as good as the Soul Society Arc, but Bleach does have its redeeming moments after that. I won't give it away but a recent battle that just occurred and was something that had to happen was awesome.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Destiny_Gundam

Imperial wrote:I started toLOVEru, but that didn't go anywhere. Whacky harem shenanigans have never amused me, so I don't know why I bothered in the first place. I dropped it.
Funny, To Love Ru is actually my favourite manga currently running. It's the title I look forward to most every weekend. It's light and enjoyable. Plus, I love the art. Kentaro Yabuki is my favouite manga-ka ever.

Sato Ken-etsu is another amazing artist. I bestow the title of "best manga I've ever read" to the My Otome manga.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Duo Himura

Narutaru (Shadow Star). Just... Narutaru...

Never before has something I've been READING made me get up and leave the room for air. It is THAT messed up. It will, in short, chew you up, spit you out, and make you reevaluate your membership in the human race. And it starts out vaguely like a Digimon knockoff.

So yeah. Narutaru. Spectacular. Horrible. Bizarre. I don't know whether to recommend it to people or tell them to get as far away from it as possible, but... well, I can say I won't forget it anytime soon, anyway. If it makes you feel any better about looking into this series, the WORST part of the worst part of the manga was censored for the American release. By DARK HORSE. The people who publish Hellsing. Yeah.
So if red makes a mobile suit three times faster, what color do you have to paint it for it to be just a love machine?
ZeroBusterXX

Getter Robo Go! It's pretty awesome so far. I was surprised at how much stuff in this is in the OVAs. Some of the scenes in Armageddon and New Getter are ripped right from this.
ZeroBusterXX

It' been long enough so, I think it's cool if I post now. I finished up almost all of Getter Robo Go and it was really good. Everyone is just insane in this comic.

But the next manga I am reading is Cromartie High School. It is so insanely funny, and now I actually know why Kamiyama is even at Cromartie High School. Mechazawa telling his friend to stay off drugs was so random and out there.
quasadra

found one called Orichalcum Reycal. it is about an figure sculptor having a figure comes to life. pretty interesting. i only seen chapter 1, the other is pretty hard to find...

actually i only know about this with that revoltech announcement.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Destiny_Gundam

I decided to re-read To Love Ru from the beginning. Man, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Can't tell you how much I love this manga. It's the perfect pick me up.

Come on, Viz! hurry up and bring it over so I can buy it!
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden: I just read and finished the whole set out of curiosity and too bad the author is not releasing anything new in that series until early next year. My reaction to the manga itself was entertaining and the Seven Star Warriors of Genbu is more entertaining and have better (practical) powers than their Suzaku counterparts and the priestess of Genbu is more serious about her duties than Miyaka lol
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
exelica

Pluto
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
Satsuma Gishiden (Only the first three volumes are available over here and scans for the rest of the series is hard to come by.)
Ressentiment (Scanlations only since it's not available over here, and even then people stopped translating it.)
The Drifting Life
Ode to Kirihito
MW
*bursts into tears* I can't talk about it! It's so horrible! They were-- they were-- the milk! Oh God, the milk! - Ken Hidaka from Weiss Kreuz
Wellman

Started recently started reading Beelzebub, Change 123 and Angel Densetsu.

Change 123 is great, I mean it has great detailed martial arts action, comedy, fanservice and Kamen Rider tributes all over it. Only thing that sucks is that I read all the current chapters within two weeks and now I hate waiting for its latest chapters to be scanned almost as bad as I hate waiting for One Piece.

Angel Densetsu is freaking hilarious, from what I read. My only concern is if it will maintain the hilarity as I go through it more.

Beelzebub, pretty entertaining, it light on action but its lighthearted and the comedy while not the ROFL material of Angel Densetsu is still pretty good.
Zangetsu

Currenty reading
Bleach
Naruto Shuppuden (spelled worng probably)
One Piece
Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist

Finished
Zombie Powder
Hellsing
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Imperial

I've done a little X re-reading lately. It's too bad, really. It's a marvelous manga, perhaps CLAMP's best work, but they'd rather ram Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle into the ground.

I'm still keeping up with Bleach. I suppose I'm sticking with it at this point just as much to see how it all ends as anything else, although the reappearance of certain characters has helped revitalize my interest a bit.
This space for rent
ZeroBusterXX

Karakri Douji Ultimo.

WHAT THE ZOINKS IS THIS?!

I'd know of this for a while, but Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei making a manga is too strange.

I love Takei's art, but..... why can't I tell the gender of half the cast? I mean, I thought the Innovades were bad!

It is actually really cool though! It's a mecha manga!
Destiny_Gundam

All the puppets in Ultimo are boys.

Yeah, I think they're waaaay too cute too...
ZeroBusterXX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:All the puppets in Ultimo are boys.

Yeah, I think they're waaaay too cute too...
Cute isn't the word I'd use. Feminine is what I want to use.

Ultimo's outfit makes "him" look like "he" has bust for Pete's sake!
Thechoort

I've just started reading Appleseed, good story but i'm not to big on Shirow's mechanical designs though, but it's still good.

Also reading 20th Century Boys, and it is pretty epic and awesome. I'm also working my way through Vagabond. Working my way through might not be the right words since I can read an entire one of those huge multi-volume books in a night, since it's so awesome. The plot is so simple but so great. Also the art is amazing.

I'm also reading Black Lagoon and i'm up to volume 6. Sadly since i'm reading the manga it kinda takes the fun outta watching the show, since the two are so similer, but it's good either way.
Vent Noir

Working my way through Skip Beat. I'm up to volume 14 at the moment.

After that, I've got Bamboo Blade volume 2 and the Utena manga to read.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Dark Duel

Reading Bleach, Naruto, FMA. Thinking of picking up Letter Bee.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."