Turinu's 3D Mecha Art - 4/30/2018 - Various Mecha Stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Turinu

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium -Epic Fight Scene Last Page! 4/23

Here's a more Epic Looking Version of the above ambush picture. I was just playing around with effects in ImageReady and it came out looking like that.
ydawg314

wow
except you need to ad some more radiant colors. For example the sword could have a slight glow to it.

other than that it looks awsome.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
OddlucK

Looks great! Quick question, though: Are those immature pines or are these machines really that huge?

Just a nitpick, really. The machines look incredibly good! :D
Turinu

Those machines are 16-18 meters tall, so I don't really know. I didn't do much to edit the background after downloading it off of Sketchup; I just assumed that that was around the right height for them. xD
OddlucK

Wikipedia wrote:Pines are evergreen and resinous trees (rarely shrubs) growing to 3–80 m tall, with the majority of species reaching between 15-45 m tall. The smallest are Siberian Dwarf Pine and Potosi Pinyon, and the tallest, Sugar Pine.
Yeah. Seems the height depends on the species, varying from perfectly reasonable to your proportions to making those machines monstrosities. Heh. So, who knows?

Just jarred me a bit. Sorry. :)
Turinu

As such, it shall make sense. I deem it make sense! Yeah, I guess we can say they're youngin' trees, considering the green frame in that pic is 16.4 meters.
Josh

I see I wasn't the only one fooled by the side shot of your latest design. That said I think it looks awesome and I'd certainly pilot something like that if given the choice.
Turinu

Spinning Standard Light Frame!

All thanks to Illsteir, he's given me the steps on how to do the whole awesome 360 degree view of my sketchup design.

Go Here - Go to Frames > Mechadyne Technologies > Light Battle Frames> Standard Light Frame Set.

I guess this website could also be considered an update for this topic as well, since I'm designing all the GFX myself (Sans the chick on the front page; she's a placeholder till' I'm able to sketch out my own).

This isn't how the finished product is going to work, rather when you cilck that link it will load up information to the side, and allow you to open a panoramic view of the Frame when viewing it's information in order to see what it exactly looks like from front to back.

Slowly but surely, I'm making progress for my Frame Crash Forum RP. :D
OddlucK

Very, very cool! I like the style of the page, too. Something about the "orders are not customizable" line makes me chuckle. :)
Turinu

Lol. Yeah, when it comes to buying Frame Set Bundles for the RPG, you can't customize the order. Otherwise that kind of defeats the purpose of selling them in a bundle.

So someone can't contact a shop moderator and go "Hey, I want to buy this bundle, but instead of such and such arms, can I get these ones instead?"

As such, bundles are only for those who want the whole set. Otherwise, people can buy parts separately to put together their ideal frame.
Turinu

Here's the Current Progress on my latest design. It seems to be turning out very Knightmarish, what with the thin waist and large arms. Or maybe that's just the angle I'm taking the shot at.

The Stabilizer Frame is a Light Frame capable of equipping heavy armaments and limbs, depending on which part you're using. For instance, the Stabilizer Core can equip Heavy Arms and Heavy Torsos, and the Stabilizer Arms can equip Heavy Shoulders and wield Heavy Armaments. This is achieved through gravitic stabilization, where the large protrusions from the shoulders, arms or body work in sync to drastically reduce the weight of objects that are held or connected to the machine (This also means its arms would allow it to pick up and throw a Medium Frame, though a Heavy Frame might be a bit too large, not necessarily too heavy, for it to lift up properly).

It's not very well armored as a result, however. It's torso is very fragile in comparison to other Light Weight Frames, and it only has one hardpoint for any fixed weapons (aside from standard secondary hardpoints on the waist, for things like swords, daggers or pistols).
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

This frame's concept and appearance is fairly interesting. Red joints are a rarity. =) And so is the rest of the color choice. I don't even think I have the proper word in my vocabulary to describe that color, haha. =o

My only suggestion so far is on the pipe extensions for its back. It looks like a pipe that is continually molded into a thin shape for where it connects to the backpack. I suggest that you actually make the thin part appear to be a separate piece from the pipe, and the pipe should connect to that instead. This is a little hard to describe in words, so I can draw a diagram if you like. It might even be more helpful to get a back view of this fellow, also.

I think this frame will look pretty unique upon completion. Let us know if there are more updates. =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
ydawg314

The colors are a bit too much IMO. However the design looks cool.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Amadi Akintunde

Who drew the woman on the front page of the Frame Parts Warehouse?
Turinu

I dunno, but she'll be taken down eventually; I don't like using other people's art like that. I used her as a placeholder for the most part. I'm going to be designing my own soon (Finally got back into drawing again), and she'll have various facial expressions to go with what she says. She'll also look more like an engineer, and less like a scientist.
Turinu

Wow, it's been over a two weeks since I've posted in this topic, time to get it back up!

Current 3D Project, ~30% Complete

This is my latest 3D Project, and by far the best one so far. It's gonna have a trick up it's sleeve when complete as well; similar to something one of Illsteir's designs can do~. Currently under the project name "Daeg Hagal X". It's a very flexible mobile suit, able to bend it's torso forwards and backwards (Wish I could have also made it side to side, but that would've been quite hard to accomplish.)

EDIT:

Here's an example on how Flexible this ***** is.

Questions and comments and critiques about it's design are welcome. Wanna make this baby hot~
illsteir

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium <-- In Need of Updates! D:

It seems that you used a 1/144 00 Gundam as a reference for the articulation. If that's the case, this thing will rock! The beam sabers, arm connectors and the geometry of the waist looks cool too.
Turinu

Nope. Everything for it has been done from scratch. Didn't use a single reference, and never have~

But as you say, everything looks pretty cool, and even though it has child-bearing hips the design looks good. :D
Turinu

So, I was bored. Earlier today I was playing around with the in-progress model a couple of posts above this one, in a slump cause' I couldn't figure out how I wanted to do it's head or arms. Then I started playing around with the scale tool in Sketchup. One thing lead to another, and...

I made it into a ship! I shall dub it a remake of the old Anariel Milise in my archives, :D.

4. Olympus Class Ship Anariel Milise (3D)
Anariel Milise Pre-rollout Colors

EDIT: Considering how this one turned out, I wanted to try it with my other models and... tada! A Martian Submarine!

5. Tharsis Class Martian Submarine (3D)
Tharsis Class Production Colors
Dark Duel

Re: Turinu's Design Compendium - It's a Ship and a Sub! 6/18/09

Those are unbelievably cool.
Can't wait to see that mech finished, its torso and waist look badass
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."