MS Saga

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
quasadra

the hunting is part of the fun. :lol: but then i get dober gun'ed on some island... i use an attacker, a defender and a "charger". but nothing beats a good old suit upgrade.
Red Comet90

The hunting is fun when you are not the hunted which often tends to be the problem with the game. You want an item you have to level up so you are at least equal and even then its sometimes difficult to win or even get the item.

Exp is also very scarce in the game especially when you need it most. For the most part the game leaves you hanging by a thread all throughout. At least thats how its been for me and I'm pretty far in the game.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
ScornMandark

I don't know, I really loved the game. The suit customization was a crap-ton of fun, tweaking this and that to get the highest performance out of each suit possible. I also tend to do a lot of random leveling whenever a new plot point is reached, so a lot of the dungeons weren't that bad for me. I agree that a lot of the bosses themselves were pretty freaking hard, but the game itself was one of the more enjoyable RPGs I've played.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Scheusal

I had oodles of fun with this one. I remember so many moments when I thought to myself "Oh [bleep] no!!"
I loved customizing suits. I have fond memories of squeezing every last ounce of performance out of my zakus.
I am a Zeon pilot.
Those who launch with me will be protected.
Those who launch against me will be destroyed.
Any questions?
Scyron

For ever maybe 10hours of gameplay I seriously took about 1 hour to fully recustomize my suits full load outs, even if they were maxed only 1 or 2 levels before. I think I was on the boarder line of OCD but I really enjoyed that aspect. What I still cannot figure out is how I don't enjoy AC since it has that amount of depth if not more to customizing units. :\
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Scyron wrote:For ever maybe 10hours of gameplay I seriously took about 1 hour to fully recustomize my suits full load outs, even if they were maxed only 1 or 2 levels before. I think I was on the boarder line of OCD but I really enjoyed that aspect. What I still cannot figure out is how I don't enjoy AC since it has that amount of depth if not more to customizing units. :\
Maybe because it's not Gundam. :wink: You can always try ACfA if you haven't already, Scryon. =) I've always wanted to try MS Saga, but everytime I've come across it, it's been full price. I'll pick it up if I can find a better deal.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Red Comet90

Scheusal wrote:I had oodles of fun with this one. I remember so many moments when I thought to myself "Oh [bleep] no!!"
I loved customizing suits. I have fond memories of squeezing every last ounce of performance out of my zakus.
I wish I could have one of those loud moments where I scream but so far I've seen any major plot twists that are thrown at you. The one with Vladi Zarth and Tremmie was obvious once you realized they both had the same victory stance. Gotta love those in game hints. 8)

By the way, Raven Gundam is really cheap.

-- Haman Karn
Dynames

Red Comet90 wrote:
Scheusal wrote:I had oodles of fun with this one. I remember so many moments when I thought to myself "Oh [bleep] no!!"
I wish I could have one of those loud moments where I scream but so far I've seen any major plot twists that are thrown at you. The one with Vladi Zarth and Tremmie was obvious once you realized they both had the same victory stance. Gotta love those in game hints. 8)

By the way, Raven Gundam is really cheap.
yea it took me a couple times to defeat it, but my strategy was to lvl up a couple lvls before i went to the closest dungeon/boss
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Red Comet90 wrote: I loved customizing suits. I have fond memories of squeezing every last ounce of performance out of my zakus.

By the way, Raven Gundam is really cheap.[/quote]

Yeah, I think him and Walter Gundam are probably two of the hardest bossess in the game.

Oddly enough though Devil Gundam was a complete push over.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
krullnar

I've beat the main story and am forever stuck in the after game dungeon that has like infinte levels to it I'm on 999 personally I hate the black gundams there evil. T_T
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?

krullnar wrote:I've beat the main story and am forever stuck in the after game dungeon that has like infinte levels to it I'm on 999 personally I hate the black gundams there evil. T_T

Is that the dungeon you fight the Omega and Ultima Gundams?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
krullnar

Yes i believe so.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Red Comet90

I leveled all my characters up to 31 to fight the Raven Gundam. Its utterly frustrating how you can't cancel any of its attacks. I just wish I could pass this part already and continue with the story instead of killing mountain loads of MS that don't give you enough experience.

As for Walter Gundam. I beat it in one try same with Grand Gundam. Only Raven has given me problems.

I know this is random but I wonder why they didn't keep the original name for the Raven Gundam. They changed the dark army back to death army so why not keep it as Gundam Heavens Sword?

Edit: Finally beat Raven Gundam 8)

-- Haman Karn
Sume Gai

now just wait till you meet the Red Raven Gundams. :twisted: :twisted:
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Red Comet90

Let's hope by that point I'll be strong enough not to be killed by it repeatedly but until then my sad MS config will weep.

Why was the Devil Gundam so easy to beat? It was a joke.

-- Haman Karn

Red Comet90 wrote:Let's hope by that point I'll be strong enough not to be killed by it repeatedly but until then my sad MS config will weep.

I KNOW! I was totally expecting a challenge from the Devil Gundam, but I managed to beat him on my first try!

Zangetsu

Any tips you guys got? I just picked the game up and like what I have read about it so far.
Red Comet90

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote:Let's hope by that point I'll be strong enough not to be killed by it repeatedly but until then my sad MS config will weep.

I KNOW! I was totally expecting a challenge from the Devil Gundam, but I managed to beat him on my first try!
So did I. I took out the Gundam heads first then just kept going at it with every powerful boost attack I had and it went down without a drop of sweat. If only it would have been a bit more difficult, but not too hard like the Raven Gundam which actually had less HP.
Zangetsu wrote:Any tips you guys got? I just picked the game up and like what I have read about it so far.
I have a few. If you use gamefaqs don't rely on it too much. The FAQ I used tends to lead you to fight in areas where there are enemies that are really hard to fight at certain points in the game so just ignore the actual walkthrough unless you want to know which items are where or MS stats.

Another tip is try your best to get 99 data for any MS. If you do that its like upgrading it 5 times in each category for a cheaper price than if you upgraded it normally on the upgrade MS screen. On a side note for this the gundams and other mecha like the Hyaku Shiki only have 50 data in the entire game for them so you have to upgrade those from scratch.

Last tip: If a boss fight seems to hard try leveling up your characters and see if you gave the right characters the right Mobile Suits. Giving a long range mobile suit to a melee fighter can be done but is not very effective and the difficulty level of the game forces you to be as effective as possible. One last thing if the boss is too hard and you have confidence with your MS config and their current stats try leveling up. Try finding enemies that give alot of HP. An example is the metal Hizack it gives 20,000 exp and all it takes is one power charge boost attack.

I hope that helps.

-- Haman Karn

Also: If you're going to be doing some level grindin, make sure you do it close to a heal point, or city. At least until you get your airship.

Zangetsu

Thanks! Any tips you guys have as far as MS config goes?