The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VII: The Final

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deus257

Phantomexe87 wrote:What was up with those innovator-looking people in the crowds at the end of the episode? They noticeably stood out.
I have a theory on this, Tieria mentioned that innovedo's were meant to guide humanity and make them innovators and live among them in peace or something of the matter I don't know. Maybe thats the case here, maybe tieria found a bunch of innovedo's that ribbons made and re;eased them in the populouse to live among humans normally and maybe use them to observe at the same time via the now tieria controlled Veda.
Dean_the_Young

Or it could be the thousands of unaware Innovades across the world that update Veda with information regarding Humanity, as described in side material.

Either one, I suppose.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Recon 5

Phantomexe87 wrote:People sure like Jupiter as of late. Guess it is kind of an evil looking planet.
There are also the exotic gases, the metal core, the abundance of moons and the freaking strongest gravitational pull in the solar system aside from that of the sun. Plenty of opportunities for plot-oriented technological advances.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
DosMas1863

Granted I know everyone here has pretty much said everything about the epic series finale for Mobile Suit Gundam 00. But I'll jump in with my two cents also. I have to say that Gundam 00 has been quite different from most Gundam shows. While previous Gundam shows usually had colonies vs. Earth time story plots Gundam 00 deviated from that aspect. Instead of Colonies vs Earth, Gundam 00 takes us in a different direction with a paramilitary organization who takes on the world. Colonies are hardly even mentioned and are only shown I believe twice possibly three times. Then theres the fact of the Aeolia plan to prepare humans for a dialogue with another species? thats what i understood it to be. If that is so then Gundam has finally ventured into the Macross realm and added alien life to the story which is good. I got tired of the same ole story of colonies vs earth. This makes the show into a very enjoyable series.
Lans

Recon 5 wrote:
Phantomexe87 wrote:People sure like Jupiter as of late. Guess it is kind of an evil looking planet.
There are also the exotic gases, the metal core, the abundance of moons and the freaking strongest gravitational pull in the solar system aside from that of the sun. Plenty of opportunities for plot-oriented technological advances.
I'm thinking about fresh load of newly manufactured GN Drives.
Renegade334

Volnixshin wrote:What happened to Al and soma, I mean they just go backpacking with a bunch of people?
Well, from the look of it, they're going on a pilgrimage at some Santiago de Compostella-like place, for some soul-searching and to gain some peace of mind.

Quite a scrumptious situation, though - Allelujah going on a pilgrimage.

That aside, I don't know why on certain forums people are already claiming that the green blobs on Jupiter are CB research stations or full functional GN Drives - the way I see it, they're only huge topological defects created by the massive gravitational field in and out of Jupiter's gaseous body. I seriously don't think GNDs can be built that fast - and you can't see any of the trademark GN trails.

Also, I wonder if CB will be using the Celestial Being to go to Jupiter or if they'll be going with the Ptolemaios. The petal-like outgrowths on the fortress could easily be thruster units or solar sail emitters and that way, they could bring both Veda AND all of CB's technicians along rather than a small party of scientists. Hopefully, they might even be able to create more GN Drives than Aeolia's previous expedition group ever did.

Another gripe I have (haven't seen any of those comments here but it doesn't preclude them wildly reproducing at other places) is that, while Ribbons' final fate is still left to interpretation/speculation, lots of users already maintain he's going to Jupiter to build his revenge. With the loss of both Veda AND Celestial Being, he's practically resourceless. I imagine there's a witch hunt raging on Earth by the end of the TV series, so he's pretty much a pariah on the blue planet. The only way for him to dance his way up to Jupiter would be if he ever had the foresight to build supply areas and secret factories in and out of the asteroid belts, in case he lost his Celestial Being stronghold.
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
haya

Renegade334 wrote:
Volnixshin wrote:That aside, I don't know why on certain forums people are already claiming that the green blobs on Jupiter are CB research stations or full functional GN Drives - the way I see it, they're only huge topological defects created by the massive gravitational field in and out of Jupiter's gaseous body. I seriously don't think GNDs can be built that fast - and you can't see any of the trademark GN trails.

Also, I wonder if CB will be using the Celestial Being to go to Jupiter or if they'll be going with the Ptolemaios. The petal-like outgrowths on the fortress could easily be thruster units or solar sail emitters and that way, they could bring both Veda AND all of CB's technicians along rather than a small party of scientists. Hopefully, they might even be able to create more GN Drives than Aeolia's previous expedition group ever did.

Another gripe I have (haven't seen any of those comments here but it doesn't preclude them wildly reproducing at other places) is that, while Ribbons' final fate is still left to interpretation/speculation, lots of users already maintain he's going to Jupiter to build his revenge. With the loss of both Veda AND Celestial Being, he's practically resourceless. I imagine there's a witch hunt raging on Earth by the end of the TV series, so he's pretty much a pariah on the blue planet. The only way for him to dance his way up to Jupiter would be if he ever had the foresight to build supply areas and secret factories in and out of the asteroid belts, in case he lost his Celestial Being stronghold.
Maybe theres already a group of CB people been living on jupiter all these time doing research on GN Drives and perhaps making more of them
Last edited by haya on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnimeMun

DosMas1863 wrote:Granted I know everyone here has pretty much said everything about the epic series finale for Mobile Suit Gundam 00. But I'll jump in with my two cents also. I have to say that Gundam 00 has been quite different from most Gundam shows. While previous Gundam shows usually had colonies vs. Earth time story plots Gundam 00 deviated from that aspect. Instead of Colonies vs Earth, Gundam 00 takes us in a different direction with a paramilitary organization who takes on the world. Colonies are hardly even mentioned and are only shown I believe twice possibly three times. Then theres the fact of the Aeolia plan to prepare humans for a dialogue with another species? thats what i understood it to be. If that is so then Gundam has finally ventured into the Macross realm and added alien life to the story which is good. I got tired of the same ole story of colonies vs earth. This makes the show into a very enjoyable series.
Yeah, especially with the fact that Marina's song was a major plot point it does give off a "HEY! you got some Macross in my Gundam!"
Kenji

Recon 5 wrote:
Not to mention that its flowing clouds look like madness incarnate and it has a magnetic field so strong that it howls endlessly on certain radio frequencies (and it'll melt your face off, if you went there).

I think we've always had a fascination with Jupiter. :D Makes me wonder if there's anything truly behind it... :lol:
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Dark Duel

Wasn't Jupiter the Roman name for Zeus?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kenji

More or less. It's a little more complicated than that (Iuppiter, like the majority of the Roman pantheon, existed before the Latins absorbed Greek culture). The association of the planet with the king of the gods (I think a few other cultures do this, too) must mean something, but I think we're entering a chicken-and-egg paradox about how it started.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Akai Suisei

This isn't part of the topic at hand, but it was something I don't remmeber reading in here before and just noticed as I was rewatching the episode subbed.

In the scene near the end (my own timecode for it is around 22:22) where the two children are sitting on the body of a destroyed Tieren or something, on the right side of the screen as it pans towards the left is what appears to be the container for Feldt's flower, and the field that the destroyed MS is in is covered in that flower.

I'm sure people've noticed it, so maybe it didn't need pointing out, but for anyone who didn't catch it, there it is.

...how did it survive re-entry? Though I think it's a very nice touch, regardless.
"...but if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck and flies like a duck but doesn't behave exactly like a duck, it's still probably a duck and not a genetically-awkward platypus." - Areku
speedstriker

Akai Suisei wrote: ...how did it survive re-entry? Though I think it's a very nice touch, regardless.
I'll put my bet on the fact that it's reinforced with the will of man and also GN Glass. More seriously, aren't there already transparent materials that can withstand that kind of temperature? Perhaps the CB people just like to overdo everything.
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
'Dustin'

Wasn't there something about a splinter of Celestial Being that argued with the members who completed the Topological Defect branching off from Celestial Being to go start something of their own?

And there was one episode of the first Season where 80 years ago, what seemed to be a shuttle orbiting near Jupiter containing a deactivated Haro that a small group discovered?

Could that be a supposed lead for the movie? Taking care of loose ends?
RedBlitz

Euh I havent seen season 1 in a while but I think it was confirmed that it was agent's of the Corner family who made it to Jupiter, recovered the evil Haro + plans for the original GN Drive. Which is why Alejandro was able to make the Tau-Drives and sell/givem them to the Union, EU and HRL.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
pd771

'Dustin' wrote:Wasn't there something about a splinter of Celestial Being that argued with the members who completed the Topological Defect branching off from Celestial Being to go start something of their own?

And there was one episode of the first Season where 80 years ago, what seemed to be a shuttle orbiting near Jupiter containing a deactivated Haro that a small group discovered?

I don't know about your first question, but in regard to the shuttle by Jupiter, that appeared to be people working for the Corner family. He got the technological know-how on creating pseudo-GN drives from the purple Haro they found, and that purple Haro was the purple Haro Nena had in the series.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
'Dustin'

pd771 wrote:
'Dustin' wrote:Wasn't there something about a splinter of Celestial Being that argued with the members who completed the Topological Defect branching off from Celestial Being to go start something of their own?

I don't know about your first question, but in regard to the shuttle by Jupiter, that appeared to be people working for the Corner family. He got the technological know-how on creating pseudo-GN drives from the purple Haro they found, and that purple Haro was the purple Haro Nena had in the series.
Something about infighting between the members of Celestial Being way back when; just about when the first red GN Drive was completed. I believe it was Aeolia who said that the effects of the red Drive were far too dangerous to the human body, and they needed to find some way to 'purify' it, or, if you want to get technical, make the Topological Defect Blanket. Some of the engineers who helped create the red Drive made a fuss about it, saying that the red Drive was powerful enough to complete Celestial Being's goal. Aeolia and his followers argued, causing a rift in the organization. Soon after, the ones who had worked on the red Drive and supported it's full use, vranched off from aeolia's group, going their own way. I'm unsure if these people were the ones behind the Tau Drives found in Season I, but it seems like something to pick up from.
RedBlitz

That's a nice story... but where in the world that you get that info?? The series state that the GN-Drives are red/incomplete because they weren’t built in the Jupiter atmosphere (something like that) where I’m guessing special gas /particles were needed to make a complete Drive.

The Tau-Drive's I think were built on earth, after those agents came back with the info. I doubt infighting between CB members had anything to do with the creation of the Tau Drive, I also doubt that Aeolia would of let them get away with. The guy wanted his peaceful world; I don't think he would have minded to kill a few traitors in the process.
'Dustin'

RedBlitz wrote:That's a nice story... but where in the world that you get that info?? The series state that the GN-Drives are red/incomplete because they weren’t built in the Jupiter atmosphere (something like that) where I’m guessing special gas /particles were needed to make a complete Drive.

The Tau-Drive's I think were built on earth, after those agents came back with the info. I doubt infighting between CB members had anything to do with the creation of the Tau Drive, I also doubt that Aeolia would of let them get away with. The guy wanted his peaceful world; I don't think he would have minded to kill a few traitors in the process.
To kill a traitor would mean to contradict the entire plan Aeolia had set up. Even if it were two or three.
RedBlitz

Euh Aeolia wanted a peaceful future, but make no mistake about it... I doubt he would let traitors manufacturing fake GN-Drives for War get away with it!!

Because from the start Aeolia's plan have always involved sacriffice, the CB members dying to unite the world, everyone that the interventions killed etc.... He just wanted to make sure that their deaths would not be in vain.