Fullmetal Alchemist 2.0 (Brotherhood)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
VR7

Fullmetal Alchemist 2.0 (Brotherhood)

Actually I'm surprised there is no thread on this at all, seeing that they've been showing FMA bits and pieces over the course of 00 S2's airing. So who else is going to be watching this?

Since Gundam 00's finished, Fullmetal Alchemist will be airing again on Gundam 00's timeslot. For those that don't know, it will be a retelling of the story, under a director that isn't Mizushima and virtually a brand new voice cast, except for a couple including Paku Romi, Kugimiya Rie, and Keiji Fujiwara.

...where's michiko neya?

I actually liked the manga and, being the original source material, currently prefer it to the later half of Mizushima's adaptation. (It's still ongoing AFAIK) I'm pretty sure the retelling will be much closer to the manga's storyline.
Last edited by VR7 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-noel
wielder

I haven't actually read the manga, but I'm still interested in this. I do wonder how much time will have to pass until the show starts providing new content. There will surely be different scenes here and there, from the very start, maybe even some foreshadowing, but I mean something that's more significant for the story as a whole.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
MindlessFire

If you've been keeping up with the manga, then you probably know who the evil mastermind/boss is (no its NOT Dante). Its nice they casted Shinichiro Miki as Roy Mustang who also voiced Lockon in Gundam 00.
Dark Duel

As well as Urahara Kisuke in Bleach, which prompted me to make this picture the second I found out: and then I could not stop laughing for like, ten minutes afterwards...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
krullnar

Well if it followes the manga then it'll be new content from the very beginning.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Ryujin

It should be noted that Animax Asia viewers will get to watch an official subtitled English/Chinese version on the Friday after the latest FMA airs in Japan. Given the various issues, legal, interpretative & otherwise, that subtitles bring up in the anime viewing community, this ought to be interesting...

On a related note, Tears to Tiara, which is based on an H-RPG, gets to be simulcast.
quasadra

due to above reason, i will most definitely watch it. for once i dont have to regret not living in Japan.
Dynames

i'm gonna give it shot
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Newtype87

The same. The first anime impressed me, and I love the manga, so I'm willing to give this new season a chance.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Sulendil Zeta

Ryujin wrote:It should be noted that Animax Asia viewers will get to watch an official subtitled English/Chinese version on the Friday after the latest FMA airs in Japan. Given the various issues, legal, interpretative & otherwise, that subtitles bring up in the anime viewing community, this ought to be interesting...
Yeah for Animax Asia! Now I am a happy man. :)
Nagato21

Ryujin wrote:It should be noted that Animax Asia viewers will get to watch an official subtitled English/Chinese version on the Friday after the latest FMA airs in Japan. Given the various issues, legal, interpretative & otherwise, that subtitles bring up in the anime viewing community, this ought to be interesting...

On a related note, Tears to Tiara, which is based on an H-RPG, gets to be simulcast.
Am I lucky or what, because I have been in India for four months now, I can tell you Animax has a good selection.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
thanatos

I'll look at it, but it had better be significantly different from the first show or else I'll probably drop it. I didn't much like the ending of the show since they invalidated that whole give-and-take law that they kept drilling into you over the whole show.

Is it going to be a full 50 episodes like the previous show?
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
RedBlitz

thanatos wrote:I'll look at it, but it had better be significantly different from the first show or else I'll probably drop it. I didn't much like the ending of the show since they invalidated that whole give-and-take law that they kept drilling into you over the whole show.

Is it going to be a full 50 episodes like the previous show?
The first half is mostly the same with a few differences, how the characters are introduced, new characters etc... after a while the story does a complete 180. How Homonculus are created, the main bad guy, character's that die in the old anime are still alive, the goals of the main bad guy etc.. everything is different. Even some of the Homonculus are different or arent the same as they used to be, ex: Pride now being Wrath.

So give it a chance even though a lot of things might be similar at first. As for the length, it might be more then 50 episodes since the manga isnt done yet and I could still see it going a year or 2.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Kavik Ryx

I don't think I've ever been so skeptical for an anime before. Mizushima's rendition of FMA was so near perfect, that a faithful remake so soon feels a little bit cruel. The head writer seems to have some experiance. Though it seems that this is the director's second project as chief director, though he himself has some good experiance as well. If they can do the same magic as the original, I'll be beyond impressed.
RedBlitz

I think you're confused... the anime that's coming out isn't supposed to be a faithful remake, it's the real FMA story!! The first anime was a remake of the manga, what you will be getting is the real story that the author himself (Hmmm.... I think it might be she. Can't remember) wrote.

I am a fan of both works and I can honestly say that the manga is superior to the anime (which is considered to be a top 10 anime by many). So yeah, you're going to like it. Trust me.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
krullnar

RedBlitz wrote:I think you're confused... the anime that's coming out isn't supposed to be a faithful remake, it's the real FMA story!! The first anime was a remake of the manga, what you will be getting is the real story that the author himself (Hmmm.... I think it might be she. Can't remember) wrote.

I am a fan of both works and I can honestly say that the manga is superior to the anime (which is considered to be a top 10 anime by many). So yeah, you're going to like it. Trust me.
Its a she but thats not the point its based off the manga not a remake of the anime. Why on earth make a remake of a remake seems a bit ubserd to me? But yeah the biggest and most inmprotant difference between the anime and the manga is that Greed doesn't die. Lets face he was the coolist character in the series heck he's a good guy now sorta.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
thanatos

RedBlitz wrote:The first half is mostly the same with a few differences, how the characters are introduced, new characters etc... after a while the story does a complete 180. How Homonculus are created, the main bad guy, character's that die in the old anime are still alive, the goals of the main bad guy etc.. everything is different. Even some of the Homonculus are different or arent the same as they used to be, ex: Pride now being Wrath.
What I'm interested in seeing is if the tone/style of the show will change much. I spent a lot of time during the first show wondering if this was supposed to be a lighthearted shounen series or some sort of dark, brooding tale. I was kind of a mishmash of both I suppose.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
Dark Duel

Still pretty much the same - at times light-hearted, often dark. Especially in the later chapters.
But a lot's different in the manga, so if this new FMA does follow the manga then pretty quickly it'll turn out very different from Mizushima's anime.
And I agree with krullnar - Greed was/is awesome.

I really should be studying instead of posting here...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Charismatic Enigma

Likewise, I've followed the manga as far back as I can remember and cannot wait to see this someday.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
bertman4

Looking forward to it. I'm currently reading the manga but haven't gotten to the divergence yet. I thought the anime was fantastic, though the movie was disappointing.
Bertman