The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Jackal

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:But the question is...where is Graham?
Behind Billy Katagiri at the end. Very brief but that was him in normal attire.
Dean_the_Young

Genocide wrote: Given that the GN vulcans aren't really that much better than conventional variants, I doubt they'd be able to shoot down the Gagas unless it was through sustained fire. You also need to remember that because the power supply is limited, more guns mean fewer shots. But I digress, this is really getting off-topic.
Well, All was doing his share and then some with mere vulcans last episode, but I'll drop it there.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Genocide

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:I find the O vs. Exia a bit lame, but at least Setsuna killed Ribbons.
Did he? If anything, that fight was Setsuna vs. Graham redux. Since we don't see Ribbons die, and we see some characters that appear to die who don't, there's a high possibility he's still alive.
ShadowCell

There's a movie on the way, so I would be surprised if Ribbons doesn't show up in it. I was under the impression all along that to kill him (like, for good), they'd have to destroy Veda, or at least find some way to delete his consciousness from it.
Dean_the_Young

By the way, why is there even a chance for a "Next time"? Didn't Katie promise to hold Celestial Being responsible for their actions after the battle was over? All gundams were knocked out, the Ptolemy was damaged... where were you, Katie?
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Chris
Administrator

Dean_the_Young wrote:Why, pray tell, would the Exia suck up more particles than the 0?
Gee, I don't know, maybe because it powers a lot more beam weapons than the 0 Gundam does? And to your other points, again, why would you use a close combat machine as a stationary gun turret? That doesn't really make any sense. Also, GN vulcans aren't so powerful, so despite your claim, I don't see how they'd be so much better at helping to shoot down Gagas. It's not a false dilemma: you have a GN storage tank, so do you stick it in a machine that uses of lots of power for multiple beam weapons, or do you stick it in another that's less demanding and could last longer? Finally, whether a tank could be stuck in both is inconsequential, since there's only one tank. If they had another tank or wanted to make one, they would've made one and used it.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

The Ending of Gundam 00 to me is comparable to Turn A and Gundam X because a Gundam ending doesn't need to be a kill them all type but those who got bad ends are the people who deserve it; example: Homer, Ali (my favorite villain in Gundam since Yazan), General Fat Ass (Forgot his name) and Ribbons. Overall I am completely happy and satisfied with 00 and eagerly anticipates the movie :D

Also the Epitaph in Anew's Grave is nicely written

ANEW RETURNER
A life born in space returns to Mother Earth
With Mutually Cherished Memories, Pure Love and Unyielding Promise
I Promise in my own name to take on all her love, hope and grief forever away
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
Sume Gai

Dean_the_Young wrote:By the way, why is there even a chance for a "Next time"? Didn't Katie promise to hold Celestial Being responsible for their actions after the battle was over? All gundams were knocked out, the Ptolemy was damaged... where were you, Katie?
I believe her words were more along the lines of "we'll judge your actions once this is all over" Meaning she would decide whether or not to arrest CB once things had been decided. Obviously she decided to let them go, for now.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Camille Vidan

I find the O vs. Exia a bit lame, but at least Setsuna killed Ribbons.
How can you find it lame, it was beautiful. And a bit symbolic as well.

And I missed Graham too, it was a shame that loser Patrick got more screentime than him just to show off hiss wedding. Damn you, fanservice. But hey, at least we didn't get something like that from Setsuna, it was a nice touch that he stayed on the ptolemaios.
ShadowCell

Camille Vidan wrote:
I find the O vs. Exia a bit lame, but at least Setsuna killed Ribbons.
How can you find it lame, it was beautiful. And a bit symbolic as well.
That's just your opinion, and I'm going to head this nonsense off at the pass right now and say that that is all it remains. So I'd better not see some self-righteous argument over what comes down to a matter of taste.
SNT1

I feel like the Exia vs 0 Gundam was just there for fanwanking "hell yeah Amurooo!," and IMO, it had some fans doing just that. Mission accomplished, I suppose. I'm not a fan of that battle, from the way it started (put GN drive in slot and go!) to the GN Flag vs Exia style match to the lameness of Marina's song.

And Patrick, a "loser?" I am not a Patrick fanboy or Graham hater by any means, but in all of S2 I'd much rather be in Patrick's position.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

actually I wonder where Graham goes from here. Perhaps he and Billy joined up with CB and headed to Jupiter. Billy's skills would be useful in repairing the GN Drives not to mention his relationship with Sumeragi. and unless I misunderstood Al and Marie's scene CB seems to be short a transforming meister.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Camille Vidan

That's true, Graham was pretty shitty in the second season, though Patrick's personality and the way he acts is pretty annoying. Whatever he did, he will remain a loser to me, mainly because he is practically the same as in the first season.
That's just your opinion, and I'm going to head this nonsense off at the pass right now and say that that is all it remains. So I'd better not see some self-righteous argument over what comes down to a matter of taste.
all right, but anyway I'm curious what's the opinion about that fight in general, do most of the fans find it cheesy/lame?

and few thoughts about the previous exia argument: it probably didn't have its sword anyway, as you can see it uses the one from 00.
Dean_the_Young

Chris wrote: Gee, I don't know, maybe because it powers a lot more beam weapons than the 0 Gundam does?
Not if it doesn't use them all at once. Those beam sabers aren't going to draw power if they're not used. The beam weapons that it would use, the GN vulcans, also engage and destroy more targets both more quickly and more efficiently as well than the traditional beam rifle, being less overpowered than the single beam rifle blasts. It's a better utilization of the particles for better effect.
And to your other points, again, why would you use a close combat machine as a stationary gun turret? That doesn't really make any sense.
Sure it does, if it also does that job better than the 0. It's not like the 0 Gundam does well as a stationary turrent either; it has a slow rate of fire and the beams are far stronger and power consuming than it needed for the host of weak enemies it faced. If a low-powered, high-volume rate of fire from gn vulcans does better than the 0's rifle, than it doesn't matter that the Exia's design intention was to specialize at close-combat. That's not the task that needs doing at the moment. What is is engaging large numbers of weak targets, and that's exactly the sort of situation where high-volume rate-of-fire weapons are tactically supperior, even when can go through their ammo at a faster rate than slower rifles.

Also, GN vulcans aren't so powerful, so despite your claim, I don't see how they'd be so much better at helping to shoot down Gagas.
GN vulcans are proven to strong enough to take down Gagas that close in, and they're more than enough to take down down automatons, which were the main threats that close to the Ptolemy. The GN-tank suit's role wasn't to engage the enemies at a distance, it was to deal with those that were close in.
It's not a false dilemma: you have a GN storage tank, so do you stick it in a machine that uses of lots of power for multiple beam weapons, or do you stick it in another that's less demanding and could last longer?
I choose the machine that has better particle efficiency for its weapon; the pilot, after all, determines what weapons to use at what rate, giving him better control over the actual particle depletion rate. The machine that uses minimal particles per shot/target is superior, and that supports controled usage of the GN vulcans over the more intensive beam rifle shots.
Finally, whether a tank could be stuck in both is inconsequential, since there's only one tank. If they had another tank or wanted to make one, they would've made one and used it.
But why are we limiting ourselves to a single GN storage tank in the first place? Without a valid supplied reason, it's a weakness of the plot. Celestial Being only had, say, all of the season, including a 4 month time skip, to make at least one additional tank.
Last edited by Dean_the_Young on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Official Jerid Fanboy
SNT1

^Not to mention Ian cranking out new snazzy guns for Gundams everytime he comes to a CB manufacturing base. Anyways, this line of discussion is Mecha and technology related.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Arsarcana

You know, I wasn't expecting to see 0 Gundam again but the instant Ribbons saw it and exclaimed that it must be fate I broke out laughing (and then cheering).

I really like how 00 went with the X/Turn A ending where the action stops five minutes before the episode does so we can see what everyone is doing after the fighting is over. Nice lead-in to the movie at the end; they've left just enough plot threads dangling to leave room for the sequel but they've wrapped up enough that it doesn't feel like they've left us hanging... Well, aside from the light within Jupiter. I'll be wondering about that for the next year. Also, Daybreak's Bell at the end, epic win.

Patrick is no longer the Immortal Colasoeur, he's now the Happy Colasoeur. Whodathunkit? Wonder what Billy and Graham will be doing next.

Oh yeah, whatever CB is up to apparently it doesn't require all their remaining Meisters since they seem to have left Al and Marie behind and Tieria is still playing ghost in the machine. Won't be surprised if he gets a new body in the movie though. Ditto for Ribbons.
ydawg314

I don't really understand Japanese but didn't Tieria say he was leaving veda or good bye veda? I took that as a suicide .
RedBlitz

Now that was awesome finale.... the best gundam one I’ve seen in a while. It leads perfectly into the movie, this should be very entertaining!!!

Setsuna Vs Ribbons, that was a great fight. Ribbons Cannon is one complicated machine it's like a fusion of Zwei, Gun Cannon and your typical Gundam. I also liked the 0-Gundam Vs Exia fight at the end, it was very appropriate to end the final battle of series like that.

Lockon Vs Revive, dam after killing Ali and only having like 1 pistol left he was still able to kill Revive.

Al/Hal Vs Healing, he's back is all I have to say. :twisted:

Patrick, he truly is immortal. I don’t even think he can die of old age!! :shock: And I’m glad he married his Colonel, she's clearly going to be wearing the pants in the relationship.

As for CB going to Jupiter in the end, did they leave Al and Marie behind?? It kind of looks like it… If that’s the case I doubt we wont see them in the movie, I mean Hal needs at least 1 cool battle per season/movie!! And who are they going to fight against, Ribbons again? He’s clearly not dead by law of anime/manga so what’s he going to do now? I can’t wait to see what CB and friends find on Jupiter, I’m guessing 1 or a few new GN Drives that will probably fall into the hands of the bad guys.

And Graham better comeback as a Preventer Wind, with a new Super Flag, or else I’ll never forgive him!!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
ShadowCell

Yeah, Allelujah and Hallelujah teaming up to tear somebody a whole new digestive system was a redux of season one...but it was a redux of something ridiculously awesome, so I can forgive it. H/Allelujah beating the crap out of Healing was probably the damned coolest thing I've seen all season.

Exia R2 beating the Christ out of the 0 Gundam was pretty awesome too. Would've liked it better if they'd skipped Marina's annoying little song, though.

The rest...meh. I was stoked to see Patrick finally get his woman, at least.
Kyuzo Aoi

I had to recant my earlier statement. O Gundam and Exia beating the crap out of each other is awesome. I regret my opinions.

And yeah, this need not to be a Zeta ending. Only the bad guys eat the dust, and the good guys are merely WIA.

Kudos to Seiji Mizushima for redeeming the Gundam name! We expect you do the same with the movie!
I am a Gundam!