What's Your Current Anime?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
young_oldtype

I'm more than halfway through Code Geass R2 now. I find the early episodes a repeat from those in Season 1 though.

EDIT: I think I just saw a Lance of Longinus homage in 24.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Alan4Tran

Just started watching Bamboo Blade. It's pretty good if your in to the "slice of life" genre.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighters Online ign: ironrave
MOBILE-SUIT UP!
Dark Duel

Still watchin' Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, Bleach, Gundam 00 S2, Viper's Creed, and Rideback.
Also, I've been marathoning TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN. I'm getting pretty close to the end and, Ep4 aside, I'm lovin' every second of it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Imperial

Don't like to say this, always be your own man when it comes to anime, you better watch it yourself for you to judge, not by listening or reading someone's rant.
Sounds like a case of 4chan syndrome. When it comes to things like anime, especially Gundam or any other anime that's currently running, just ignore what the Internet *COUGH 4 COUGH CHAN* says. They tell you numerously themselves that they are not the most reliable sources for anime reviews and reccommendations.

tl;dr Just watch the series through yourself and form your own opinion.
I'm not gullible enough to take 4chan's word on anything. Nor is this a matter of mindless Internet chatter.

Normally, I'll take things at my own pace, but a great deal of the criticism leveled against 00 has come from trusted people with tastes similar to my own. Far from the raving rabble of 4chan, these folks tend to have a good head on their shoulders, enough that I give their comments some consideration. So to see these same people bemoaning 00's fall from grace as a fantastic series in the first season to the apparent disappointment it has been in the second, I take notice.

For what it's worth, I probably will pick up 00 Season 2 again some day, if only because I'm such a Gundam fanboy that I give almost anything with the label at least a cursory glance, but it's still near the bottom of my "To Watch" list.
This space for rent
ShadowCell

It has its ups and downs. The ups are worth watching. The downs...not so much.

To be fair, I suppose a lot of my opinion of the show hinges on what happens in the final episode and what may or may not lie beyond.
Wingnut

Right now, I'm rewatching Macross 7 and then plan to finally watch Frontier. Also watching 00 and the AniMonday block on the Sci-Fi channel as well as the old super robot show Daitarn 3.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Daemoro

Watched the first 2 eps. of Genshiken at a anime screening. (speaking of that series, I'm looking forward to getting the DVD sets of that series)
Alan4Tran wrote:Just started watching Bamboo Blade. It's pretty good if your in to the "slice of life" genre.
That it is.
Ohmygodiamonfire

While I'm watching Gundam 00 and Sora Kake now, I'm also now Rewatching the 08TH Ms Team, cause I just bought the Anime Legends release.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
Kavik Ryx

Thanks to the power of Funimation, I have finally gotten a chance to see Full Metal Panic The Second Raid.
Imperial

And I just finished Claymore.

Awesome show for the first twenty-some-odd episodes. Then the writers pulled a Fullmetal Alchemist and crapped out a load of an ending. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to give it some closure, even if it wasn't in line with the source material, or if they wanted to leave open-ended enough to tease at a sequel. So they opted for both and didn't really succeed at either. Enough is concluded that a second season would be a mess yet there's enough left unresolved that I found myself saying "That's it?"

Still, as awful as the ending was, it was a largely awesome show. It also worked in the sense that it got me interested in the manga, which is ten kinds of awesome.
This space for rent
young_oldtype

I've just finished MS Igloo. The episodes are quite formulaic but it does not take away the awesomeness of the show. Overall, it's a great telling of the OYW in Zeon perspective. The only thing that bothered me is that, in UC 0079, both sides were still using black-and-white cartoon propaganda.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
thanatos

I just finished Xam'd. When I started it, the show reminded me a lot of Eureka 7. Now that it's over, I still think that the comparison holds up. However, I definately enjoyed Xam'd more than E7. Xam'd has the benefit of mature characters, unlike the constant whining and childishness of Renton.
I just wished I had a glossary to help me understand all spiritual/political stuff that was constantly thrown about.

Now I'm going to start Bartender. After the first episode, all I can say is wow.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
speedstriker

Now that Gundam 00 is finished, I'm watching some Mazinkaiser to get ready for Mazinger Z. Also Macross 7 since I only watched Frontier from the Macross line.
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

Currently watching the Romance of the Three Kingdoms Animated Series

The episode where Diao Chan's death is presented is so far the saddest episode in Anime for me ;_;

Also watching Cooking Master Boy, a fun anime to watch
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
TheGoose

I had to put some of anime watching on hold, so I didn't get to finish any of my anime I listed last time, so some of them are gonna have to wait for me to watch them. Anyway, heres my current list:

Gunbuster
Elf Ban Kakyuusei
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Ryvius

speedstriker wrote:Now that Gundam 00 is finished, I'm watching some Mazinkaiser to get ready for Mazinger Z.
Heh, think I'm going to do this too.

Also started up Vifam recently and wow, it seems really amazing. Like, way better than I expected (and I was expecting it to be pretty awesome). Guess I should just say I can see it possibly becoming a favorite.
Dean_the_Young

I just watched all of Buccano this weekend. Parts of it were hilarious. Parts of it were inspiring.

Parts of it will show up in my nightmares for years to come, in terms of raw brutality.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Dark Jackal

Just finished Claymore and it was a great watch. I liked Clare and Raki's interaction in an oddly structured fantasy setting but nothing too complex. The story is nicely done without overdoing the emotions.
Dark Duel

Just finished TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN.
EPIC doesn't even come close to beginning to describe how awesome this show is, especially the second half or so.
It's so great...I actually cried once or twice. Didn't think that'd happen.

With that done and 00 over, plus Viper's Creed and Rideback close to ending...I'm out of anime to watch.
Might go back and pick up V Gundam, I never did finish it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Darkerangel

Finished Escaflowne and Escaflowne the movie. Still in mecha mode, now onto Aura Battler Dunbine.