General MAHQ Poll

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Chris
Administrator

General MAHQ Poll

With the 9th anniversary of MAHQ around the corner next week, I threw up this poll just to get an idea of how long people have been visiting the site.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destroy Gundam

Oh dear...it was still called FAHQ when I first found this site...but I can't remember exactly when.

What year did the name change and the general shift towards mecha take place?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
mcred23

Destroy Gundam wrote:Oh dear...it was still called FAHQ when I first found this site...but I can't remember exactly when.

February 12th, 2002. I know I stumbled across this place for the first time at some point in late '01...

...Gawd, I feel old. 8)
Last edited by mcred23 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wedge14

I've always pronounced it as MOCK. Imagine all the cheap laughs i would of gotten if i was around in the FAHQ days.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Kavik Ryx

Destroy Gundam wrote:Oh dear...it was still called FAHQ when I first found this site...but I can't remember exactly when.

Suddenly, I feel very young. I was still in grade school back during th FAHQ years. Discovering MAHQ had to have been early '06, a couple months after finally giving in and becoming a Gundam fan. Never before or again was I, or ever would be, so adverse to watching an anime.
SNT1

Probably 2000, when I started streaming all of Gundam websites, anything with more info on Gundams.

Only became a regular lurker in 2005 as MAHQ/mechatalk and signed up in 2006.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ShadowCell

While I was watching G Gundam, so, I think it was 2003...?
Destroy Gundam

mcred23 wrote:

February 12th, 2002. I know I stumbled across this place for the first time at some point in late '01...

...Gawd, I feel old. 8)
Probably at least '01 for me as well...I just don't remember exactly when. But I don't regret it.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Turinu

I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon the site a few times late in 01', but I probably didn't start actively browsing the website and lurking on the old forums till' around late 03' early 04'. It wasn't until early 06' when I began to actively participate in the board community, :P.
Wingnut

I first learned of it during my time on G.com, so 2002 or 03. Started as a member of the boards when the switch was made from the ezboards over to the current format.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
quasadra

around 2006 i think. when i was typing "Freedom Gundam" on google, MAHQ is one of the top result. and i have been using this as a reference since. i only join a couple weeks after i got my current job though.
Mark064

When did MAHQ take over Mecha Domain's stuff? That was when I started to visit more often, though I found it sometimes before then but forgot about it.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
mcred23

Mark064 wrote:When did MAHQ take over Mecha Domain's stuff? That was when I started to visit more often, though I found it sometimes before then but forgot about it.
August of 2001. Oddly enough, that helps me narrow down when I started coming around these parts, as the mecha section was already in place. I guess I bumbled into (What was then known as) FAHQ around October/November of 2001...

...and I still feel really old. 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ZeroBusterXX

I stumbled onto it when I googled Gundam in 2001.
Sume Gai

Id don't remember when I first came. It was sometime long long ago when gundam was on Toonami. a Google (or maybe Yahoo hard to say) search landed me at this marvelous sight full of so much wonderful information and 'stuff'

Sadly though i forgot about it till a few years back when my anime interest returned with a vengeance. I came back to MAHQ and rediscovered it. (along with gunota which at the time I began checking every day.)

it wasn't until maybe a year or two later that I worked up the courage to join mechatalk.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Heretic

I encountered MAHQ in one of my lurkings once long ago. It was before the new forums, can’t for the life of me remember when. I use MAHQ for information for a while then one day I clicked the forum link and it brought me to the forum more or less as it is today.

I’ve had a fun time ever since.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
speedstriker

Aah the memories. I was still a young boy when I first stumbled upon this Holy Grail of a mecha database. It was 2002 and I was searching for information on my favorite series at the time, Wing and G Gundam. When I first came to this site, I was amazed by the amount of information there is about Gundam and browsed regularly ever since. Oddly enough, this site is was what made me a UC elitist for a couple of years. After seeing the rich and dynamic the Universal Century, I judged everything else by how much information and back story is provided.

Enough rambling.

tl;dr Discovered in 2002, became UC elitist in 2003 (when SEED was still airing) and grew out of that in 2006 when I re-watched G Gundam. EDIT: Oh right and I joined Mechatalk after extensive, extended lurking.
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
ThaDDeusBonzu

I discovered the site around the end of '07. I had just finished simultaneously watching Gundam SEED and rewatching G Gundam, and thus became a fan of mecha anime in general. Since MAHQ was the first thing that poped up on google, I naturally clicked on it. After browsing through it, i found Gundamn!, and that led to my lurking in and eventual joining of Mecha Talk.
SDGO Taiwan ign: RougeMK
Deacon Blues

Let's see... Jacen Roberts first discovered MAHQ...

:P
Sulendil Zeta

Well, I can't really recall the year I found MAHQ, but I do remember that in the early days of me surfing the website, GSD is running in Japan and MAHQ is making review of them. So which year did GSD air in Japan?