The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VI

Thread for season 2 of Gundam 00 and only season 2. Please tag spoilers, don't pull things out of your ass to speculate about, and refrain from being jerks.
Dean_the_Young wrote:
Arsarcana wrote:Definitely not seeing that. Both OPs have shown Tieria taking on Ali and that suggests to my mind that if Graham tried fighting him it would lead to him experiencing exactly what Howaaaaaaado Meiiiiiiison!!! did when he took on Zwei. Right now the best Graham can hope for is a kamikaze run or taking a hit for someone unless Billy happens to be nearby so he do some quick repairs.
The 00 OPs have been notoriously fickle, though. They bring lots of symbols and rivalry matchups that tend not to occur, like the butterfly motif of S2 or the broken doll from S1. Rivalry wise, Setsuna didn't have Ali as his main rival for most of Season One, Lockon and Graham never developed a rivalry, Patrick and Tieria... besides the one-sided Graham-Setsuna rivalry, about the only pilot matchup in the OPs to date that we've actually seen reflected in-series was Allelujah and Soma, and that's as much because All gets no battle time as anything else. Even in the Season Two OPs, there's been no sign of Lockon developing a rivalry with Revive Revival (who he hasn't even faced).
Meteoid

He hates the innovators in general after what happened with Anew, but since Revive admitted he was controlling Anew to the Ptolemy Possee i'm sure Lockon would go nuts if he realised it was Revive he was against.
Dean_the_Young

Meteoid wrote:He hates the innovators in general after what happened with Anew, but since Revive admitted he was controlling Anew to the Ptolemy Possee i'm sure Lockon would go nuts if he realised it was Revive he was against.
Why? Neil isn't his brother. He doesn't go revenge crazy; it's one of his defining characteristics. While he's opposed to the Innovators, that isn't the same as having rivalry, or even grounds for calling a final showdown. Lockon hasn't even fought an Innovator besides Anew yet; infact, the only named character beside Anew he's dueled has been Patrick.

Could it happen? Sure. There's still a grand three episodes left. But the OP's have been hit or miss for predictions like these, both past and present. The S1 OP's were remarkably good at missing the final matchups, the first S2 OP hasn't been all-predictive, and there's no sign that the third will be.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Genese Gundam

Why? Neil isn't his brother.
You mean Lyle...

I think Lyle has been showing some vengeful-ness after what happened to Anew though. Look how he was acting towards Setsuna.

Also, the OPs seem to have been hinting at a link between Tieria and Ribbons (and apart from the fact Tieria has identified him as the reason behind the messed up plan of Celestial Being as well as the corruptor of Veda and the other things discussed in their little ballroom dance ) they don't seem to be pitted against each other. Not to say they won't be, but it seems like they've given Setsuna the position of rival to Ribbons.

Speaking of Ribbons...if he's managed to make that many clones of new innovators..plus the Ribbons seen in the review, then potentially how many Ribbons are there? (that is assuming the Ribbons seen in the preview really is a clone and not the same Ribbons that appears to have been shot in the head and is presumed dead...)
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
Destiny_Gundam

Lyle has shown that he is indeed out for revenge. The main difference from his brother is that Lyle has let go of the past. After so many years, he had put the death of his family behind him, which is why he didn't seek revenge on Setsuna nor seem particularly interested in Ali.

However, Anew was far more recent, so it's no surprise Lyle hasn't filed that off as 'the past' yet. The wound is still fresh, and he wants payback.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dean_the_Young

In other news, it's come to my attention that the third Gundam 00 OST, covering the first half of Season 2 up to the Innovator ball episode, has come out. I'll probably get both S2 OST's at some point, because I feel Season 2's audio was some of the best of Gundam that I can remember.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Destiny_Gundam

Eh, music wise, I say SEED is still far superior. There are only a few tracks on the 00 sound track which make me go "Awesome! They're using this song!" when they play it, and most of them are from season 1.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Furious Rodimus

I really dug episode 22, there was a lot of neat stuff going on there I thought, especially with some of the reversals, betrayals, and alliances that seem to be being formed/played out in this episode and the last one especially.

I'll be the first to admit, with some of the deaths I've been like 'Finally!' and that feeling of uncertainty that was so prevalent at the end of season 1 is being built up again and I like the feeling that it gives as a viewer.

3 more to go!
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Pickens

Furious Rodimus wrote:I really dug episode 22, there was a lot of neat stuff going on there I thought, especially with some of the reversals, betrayals, and alliances that seem to be being formed/played out in this episode and the last one especially.

I'll be the first to admit, with some of the deaths I've been like 'Finally!' and that feeling of uncertainty that was so prevalent at the end of season 1 is being built up again and I like the feeling that it gives as a viewer.

3 more to go!
Yes episode 22 was pretty great. Things that actually contributed to the plot aside, I liked learning what Graham did the past four years. I always figured he'd be the type to train under a freezing waterfall.

Also, I wonder what will become of the 0 Gundam. Who the hell's going to pilot that thing?
neolordmaxwell

All signs point to Lasse.

With this new introduction of mass produced innovators, I think it's only a matter of time before we see mass production innovator MS, ala MP Quebellies in Double Zeta.

If that's the case, I'm really hoping that for these last few episodes, CB is willing to permamently join forces with the Kataron/Rebel forces. That, I think, would be incredibly interesting.
Gundam Models, Reviews, and more at http://www.gundamscope.com
Dark Jackal

I'm interested in seeing what Tieria can do once they get control of Veda back or whether they'll forgo that option and just blow it up.
NovaGundam5683
Location: in a place where I can say that I'm alright and I'm stayin there with you.

Given that Setsuna just turned into an Innovator there's always the slight possibility that HE can enter VEDA, but since he has no experience in that sort of thing the possibility is close to zero.

I also think that Ali is going to show up in the last minutes of ep 24 leading to a half episode of CB duelling Ali and the Innovators. If you ask me Ali should've shown up much sooner, but since his alignment is with the Innovators it all fits.
"TAAAAAAIIISSAAAAANN!" -Patrick Corlasawar
Symbolhime

Man, this was the bestest ep ever.

Gundams sortie with epic equipment, A-Laws have a competent commander, Kati finally switches to the good guys, finally some good luck for Katharon (all they needed was a genius strategist!), and top-notch music.

Hey, are both of those music tracks during the battle new or is one or both of them on the OST 3?
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
quasadra

nope, not in ost 3. but ost 4 is due on April Fool. i think the ost 3 track 6 A-LAWS is playing when 00 slice the three ship.
Jak Crow

I think if they're able to slap a GN condenser on 0 Gundam, they could get support from Fereshte's Gundams doing the same. Which would be pretty cool if suits from a side story showed up in the anime.
Dean_the_Young

Jak Crow wrote:I think if they're able to slap a GN condenser on 0 Gundam, they could get support from Fereshte's Gundams doing the same. Which would be pretty cool if suits from a side story showed up in the anime.
"It would be a big WTF?" moment if another Gundam came out of nowhere, with no in-series indication or suggestion at all.

Then again, I consider the withholding of the 0 Gundam's GN drive from a Meister gundam but giving it to another combat team rather foolish/silly...
Last edited by Dean_the_Young on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Official Jerid Fanboy
Symbolhime

Dean_the_Young wrote:
Jak Crow wrote:I think if they're able to slap a GN condenser on 0 Gundam, they could get support from Fereshte's Gundams doing the same. Which would be pretty cool if suits from a side story showed up in the anime.
"It would be a big WTF?" moment if another Gundam came out of nowhere, with no in-series indication or suggestion at all.
Not really. All you'd need was Linda to be all "I've also sent for some reinforcements from our base at Krung Threp (or whatever it is). The test pilots are bringing all the Prototype Mobile Suits to back us up! ^^"

You wouldn't even need to show the pilots, just reference them by having the red Astraea or the Abuhool or whatever fighting in the background. It'd be like G Gundam's nod with all those Suit cameos at the end.

While we're at it, reference all the MSVs, throw in Forcing Scouts, those prototype Tierens, Klaus' Enact, all the various Hellion types, even a space-equipped Shell Flag.

Lord knows we need more than just GNXs. =P
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
Dean_the_Young

Symbolhime wrote: Not really. All you'd need was Linda to be all "I've also sent for some reinforcements from our base at Krung Threp (or whatever it is). The test pilots are bringing all the Prototype Mobile Suits to back us up! ^^"
Which begs the question: where were the reinforcements during the last season and a half when Celestial Being was being hunted down and consistently on the run? When Celestial Being was throwing everything and the kitchen sink to destroy the Memento Moris?

The four friggen months of being hunted down relentlessly by A-LAWS after Break Pillar?

With no prior mention or reference, that pretty much counts as out of nowhere, and it makes them asses. "Oh, we could have sent you desperately needed reinforcements and support when you were on the rope's edge and needed it most, reinforcements no one knew about and that could have fundamentally changed battlefield calculations in Celestial Being's favor and might have even saved the first Lockon. But we decided not to. But hey, we're here now, right? No hard feelings?"

You wouldn't even need to show the pilots, just reference them by having the red Astraea or the Abuhool or whatever fighting in the background. It'd be like G Gundam's nod with all those Suit cameos at the end.
Except with no real basis for showing up, because they've never been mentioned before in the show and have never made a visible impact in the anime. The G Gundam cameos worked because they could be and were inserted in an existing mass of support; all the other Gundams shown throughout the show. They could fade into the background. But adding even two new unexplained gundams is a 33% increase of Celestial Being's current fighting force of 6.
While we're at it, reference all the MSVs, throw in Forcing Scouts, those prototype Tierens, Klaus' Enact, all the various Hellion types, even a space-equipped Shell Flag.
Wasn't part of the Shell Flag that it was ground-only?

Official Jerid Fanboy
Turinu

Well, we've already seen how large an organization Celestial Being is after the time skip, so only a small portion of their forces were actually defeated at the end of season one. They just didn't really have that particular point in time equipment at the time to send aid, and by season 2 their focus had been shifted to developing the new gundams and new equipment for them.

Also, didn't the side-stories only have one GN Drive at the time? It's no surprise they didn't send aid, as it wouldn't have really mattered. But now with the O Gundam appearing with a new GN Condenser to power it in battle, it wouldn't be surprising if they loaded all the old prototypes up with something similar and fielded them into battle.

I mean hey, if you're fielding something as old as the O Gundam, which is the first Gundam ever built, why not just go all out and throw the rest at the enemy? Even if it's just in cameo appearances?
Dean_the_Young

Shori wrote:Well, we've already seen how large an organization Celestial Being is after the time skip, so only a small portion of their forces were actually defeated at the end of season one. They just didn't really have that particular point in time equipment at the time to send aid, and by season 2 their focus had been shifted to developing the new gundams and new equipment for them.
Hm? Even if you factor the fifth GN drive that Ferashite has, which no one knew about and was effectively null, that's still the loss of all 4 of Celestial Being's cutting-edge Gundams. That's still 80% of forces, which is far more than a small portion. Celestial Being's forces are the Gundams, and those were effectively wiped out.

Official Jerid Fanboy