The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
T.V.

Isamu Alva Dyson wrote:I thought that, too, but it's not like he hasn't fought Bushido before, Bushido's certainly given to long speeches which would allow a perceptive person to match his voice to that other psychotic dude who favored black mobile suits and swords... this time, Setsuna looks at Graham's face and gets the S1 flashback. Not to insult Setsuna, especially since he never really cared about Graham anyway, but c'mon now.
Actually, this is the first time Setsuna is able to put a face to the name, if memory serves me right.

All the other times he engaged Mistah Bushido, he recognized him as the Flag pilot from season 1, based on the fighting style.
However IIRC, he never knew this pilot was the guy he saw together with Billy in the desert.
Graham was able to put 2 and 2 together before the end of season 1 and knew he was fighting "the boy", but Setsuna on the other hand didn't know that all this time he was fighting a blonde dude he'd seen before.
Heecarl_Reez

Setsuna himself maybe has forgot Graham voice,also thanks to Graham antics as Bushido,and also the mask(yeah),that made him think that's different person.just my thought :p
Dean_the_Young

T.V. wrote: Graham was able to put 2 and 2 together before the end of season 1 and knew he was fighting "the boy", but Setsuna on the other hand didn't know that all this time he was fighting a blonde dude he'd seen before.
Me thinks you're confusing Ali and Graham there. Ali knew from the knife fighting style that Setsuna was from Krugis, but Graham only recognized Setsuna at the final battle.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
T.V.

I forgot it was actually only in ep 25 that Graham learned Setsuna was the Exia's pilot.
Thanks for the correction, Dean.

Just to clarify though, I meant that this season Setsuna knew he was fighting the Flag pilot from season 1, when being confronted by the Sagikage, Masurao and Susanoo, but only now was able to recognize him as that blonde dude standing next to Billy back in season 1.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

T.V. wrote:All the other times he engaged Mistah Bushido, he recognized him as the Flag pilot from season 1, based on the fighting style.
Actually, Setsuna never realized even that much. It was Bushido who realized it was Setsuna in the 00 back in episode 4 (their first fight in S2) from the 00's fighting style. Setsuna's been oblivious the whole time until now.
Gadget

I think Bushido mention something about the range attack has improve. Com on, anyone, from the lowest ranks to the top people in A-Laws will see how similar the Gundams looked.

As it took a few days for the 0 Rizer to get to L5, anyone wonder how much bonding time did Saji and Setsuna get?

After staring a a pink Haro for a few hours, Saji may decide to talk to Setsuna.

Saji: Setsuna, do you think I could get Louise back.
Setsuna: Don't worry, I fight with you. You will learn to fight for her.
Saji :How? All I do is to pilot the Riser to the 00?
Setsuna : As I am becoming a Gundam, you'll will learn how to be a Riser. I'll ask Ian to program the Haro with interactive tutorial.
Saji : You mean I could connect to the Riser?
Setsuna: Yes. As I am learning to connect to Vedar. By then, you will be a true fighter, not like that crazy A-Law ace that keep challenging me and talking about my Gundam as his lover. You think 00 will have him as a pimp? By that time, you will stop shouting Louise! Louise!
Saji : But your fellow meister always do that. He keep shouting Maria! Maria during combat, and you did not lecture him?
Setuana : Al..... Is a different case. He got.....personality problems.
Saji : You mean a schizo.
Setsuna: I didn't say that.
Saji : And his girlfriend keep changing her name. I don't even know how to call her. She could chew me up if I call her by the wrong name. Maybe that's why they like each other.
Setsuna: She's more of a fighter than you.
Saji : That's why you have to teach me to be a Riser.
Setsuna: (To himself) Maybe I should left you in that prison.
Saji : Did you say something?
Setsuna : Try concentrating to connect.
Saji: OooooKaay.
Setsuna : (Switching off the intercom, with yellow eyes) Got to connect to pink Haro. Got to connect to pink Haro. And tell to eject out of the airlock.

This will repeat a few hours later.
Hatter

Gadget wrote: Setsuna : (Switching off the intercom, with yellow eyes) Got to connect to pink Haro. Got to connect to pink Haro. And tell to eject out of the airlock.

This will repeat a few hours later.
I swer to god i "saw" he talking like ribbons that moment XD
Poochi

Dean_the_Young wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:And the Thrones weren't the ones who killed Graham's flight instructor either.

It took place before the series. Graham and his instructor were in mock combat or something during trials for the Union Flag, the instructor wanted Graham to marry his daughter, Graham's instructor crashed and died, and his daughter died too. Despite the incident, the Flag goes into production, and Graham gets the friendly fire stigma that Joshua bitched him out for in season 1.

I forget exactly what the source is--a radio drama, a novel, etc--but I know it's legit and that Gundams of any sort had nothing to do with it.

So I guess Graham was talking about Eifman in that scene.
The sources is the drama cd "Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story: Road To 2307", which focuses on pre-story (both Union/Graham's and Setsuna's introduction into Celestial Being).

I've never heard that the girl in question died during the trials, though I did use that as backstory during a drabble fic.

The second-hand accounts I've heard have what happened like this: ...
Thanks for posting that.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Thundermuffin

T.V. wrote:I forgot it was actually only in ep 25 that Graham learned Setsuna was the Exia's pilot.
Thanks for the correction, Dean.

Just to clarify though, I meant that this season Setsuna knew he was fighting the Flag pilot from season 1, when being confronted by the Sagikage, Masurao and Susanoo, but only now was able to recognize him as that blonde dude standing next to Billy back in season 1.
No, Setsuna knew Graham was that blond guy he met in Azadistan during their duel in ep 25. He flashbacked to their meeting there.

This episode, Setsuna realizes that the Ahead/Masurao pilot is the same guy.

All through season 2 so far, Setsuna must have just thought he was some nut.
Casval Rem Daikun

I think Setsuna knew the Ahead Custom with the Swords and the Masurao pilot were the same guy, seeing as both fought in the same style and were the only sword wielding units he's faced, but yeah, I think this past episode was the first time he put the whole puzzle together about him also being the guy with the Flags and in the desert.

Graham's the only one who called him Boy, and later Lad and gave long speeches, so once he saw the face, it all clicked, and now I think he feels sorry for him for being corrupted by the whole ordeal.
T.V.

Thundermuffin wrote:
T.V. wrote:Just to clarify though, I meant that this season Setsuna knew he was fighting the Flag pilot from season 1, when being confronted by the Sagikage, Masurao and Susanoo, but only now was able to recognize him as that blonde dude standing next to Billy back in season 1.
No, Setsuna knew Graham was that blond guy he met in Azadistan during their duel in ep 25. He flashbacked to their meeting there.
Somehow I failed to recollect that too...
I guess I should chalk that one up to wishful thinking.

Thanks for setting me straight, Thundermuffin.
Sume Gai

Ribbons has twice controlled things and forced them to act; first was Anew and second evil Haro. Of course this leads to several questions likewhy doesn't he take over Teiria or why not have the Ptolemy Haros take CB apart from the inside.

I don't know if this has been discussed in detail but I believe that this control is something that requires Veda (which neither Teiria or the CB Haros have any longer) I'll bet wresting control of Veda from Ribbons woill be a far greater blow to 'The Plan' than CB realizes
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Neo_Senku

Sume Gai wrote:Ribbons has twice controlled things and forced them to act; first was Anew and second evil Haro. Of course this leads to several questions likewhy doesn't he take over Teiria or why not have the Ptolemy Haros take CB apart from the inside.

I don't know if this has been discussed in detail but I believe that this control is something that requires Veda (which neither Teiria or the CB Haros have any longer) I'll bet wresting control of Veda from Ribbons woill be a far greater blow to 'The Plan' than CB realizes
I'm thinking its a 99 percent chance that Veda has a lot to do with his forced takeovers. That and there must be something he did to the innovators he created that allows him to control them and possibly allows their "twins" to have some influence over them like Revive did to Anew at the start of the attempted 0 Raiser theft, though ribbons might have started that though. Otherwise he'd have presumably asserted control over Tieria and wouldn't have needed to place Anew in CB in the first place. If not then thats a gaping plot hole.
Ya know what, We're All Gundam. ^_^

The Magnificent Bastard is an awesome trope.
Indicible

Or it's simply Ribbons can only control what cannot defend itself against such intrusions. Anew did not know she was an Innovator, that information had been locked inside her mind, so she couldn't defend herself against such intrusions: she did not know they could happen.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
demon saint

i dont want to speculate too much but do you think this series will come down to an all out CB assault on veda itself to free itself from its control and live as free beings again?
heroes live and die...legends die and live...forever
azrael

Episode summaries for Episode 23 & 24.

http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.c ... own-mk-ii/
SNT1

About half of them I don't believe, but is having the side-story guys as that old CB warship be too much to ask for? Meh, perhaps.

Looks like they got rid of ongoing subplots the past 3 eps. or so to get to the real endgame this last 3 eps, assuming we also wrap Bushido up this coming episode.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
demon saint

i dunno it just seems like this series is ending too quickly im sure its not goint to be as rushed and pointless an ending as GSD but i cant help but want another season or at least another 5 episodes to have everything play out properly and add a few more twists and key deaths
heroes live and die...legends die and live...forever
azrael

SNT1 wrote:About half of them I don't believe, but is having the side-story guys as that old CB warship be too much to ask for? Meh, perhaps.

Looks like they got rid of ongoing subplots the past 3 eps. or so to get to the real endgame this last 3 eps, assuming we also wrap Bushido up this coming episode.
Well, half of post it is rumor-ish stuff so I would just focus on the descriptions for Episodes 23 and 24.
Furious Rodimus

demon saint wrote:i dunno it just seems like this series is ending too quickly im sure its not goint to be as rushed and pointless an ending as GSD but i cant help but want another season or at least another 5 episodes to have everything play out properly and add a few more twists and key deaths
This is true, there does seem to be an awful lot to try and wrap up in 4eps. I'd really like to see one more season, or maybe even a wrap-up OVA because this seems to be coming to the finish very quickly. I'm beginning to think we'll get some kind of cliff-hanger ending leading up to...well I'm stumped at that point, but given the number story lines to wrap up (that still seem to be adding up) I'm beginning to think this is a possible outcome.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!