The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kenji

ShadowCell wrote:Balderdash!

They're also both obscenely pretty.

=P
Duly noted!

Though, I must say that Ribbons is significantly prettier than Scirocco. :P
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Red XIV

Gadget wrote:So if Cherudim faces the Throne Drie
Er...why would this ever happen?
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Aegis

Kenji wrote:

=P
Duly noted!

Is that why Ribbons is surrounded mostly by men? o.O
Gadget

Red XIV wrote:Er...why would this ever happen?
It is a big 'IF'. I'm still wondering how's the final battle match up is gonna be like. So far, it's going to be a Setsuna vs Mr Bushido. Lyle may take on Ali.
ShadowCell

Gadget wrote:
Red XIV wrote:Er...why would this ever happen?
It is a big 'IF'. I'm still wondering how's the final battle match up is gonna be like. So far, it's going to be a Setsuna vs Mr Bushido. Lyle may take on Ali.
...why would he take on Ali? He's never shown any interest in fighting Ali. He even waved off the idea of going all "RAWR MUST HAVE REVENGE" over his brother. Hell, Ali hasn't even been in the picture since about six episodes ago. If Setsuna's not the one who dethrones Prince Ali, it would probably be Tieria. It wouldn't make much sense to have someone else do it. Certainly wouldn't feel very conclusive.

It'd be great if you could base your speculation on what's actually going on the show, everybody, and not just random things that enter your head.
Gadget

Sorry if my relay was a bit short. We know Lyle is not the really 'cool' guy. He claims he's above revange for the death of his parents, but he was involve with the anti-federation movement. And now with Anew's death, it could rock his 'cool' pedestil.

And now with the beam pistol, we see that Lyle is not only a long range shooter. He could get in close and dirty, which is Ali's specility. And Setsuna main disadvantage going up against Ali is that Setsuna was trained by Ali. So in a few battles, Ali's actually predicted Setsuna's attack, until Setsuna goes Trans-am.

But as ShawdowCell said, it still could be Tieria, taking revange for his friend, And Lyle takes on the Innovators.
Dark Duel

Somehow, given the fact that in terms of melee weapons the Arche Gundam makes the Aegis feel underequipped, I find the idea of Lyle trying to take Ali on at close range swinging his pistols around more hilarious than anything.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gadget

How about shield bits was fangs? After they blown each other, it would be one on one. It would be two hatchet vs a buster sword. (BTY. Did they play FF. Buster sword so reminds me of Cloud's sword.)
Hatter

Gadget wrote:
Not sure if GN (T) could duplicate the effects. Have to wait for Billy to come out with the system and fit it in Mr Bushido's mobile suit. Anyone game to see Mr Bushido nude? Burrrrr!
Oh lord the mere though of it makes my mind break >.<
T.V.

If anything, the OP has consistently paired Ali with Tieria and Lyle fighting Revive.
I'd say it's only natural that Ali would have his ultimate showdown with Tieria therefore, since from a story PoV Tieria is also the one who has the biggest score to settle with him.
Likewise, Lyle is likely to direct his anger at Anew's twin Revive, considering his involvement in Anew's fate.

As for Setsuna, he already defeated Ali this season, only letting him 'conviently' survive, so that Tieria is free to finish him off later on.
And besides, Ribbons is ever increasingly set up as Setsuna's ultimate opponent, next to Mistah Bushido of course.

Then there's the unresolved matter in the Smirov camp between Andrei and Soma, making Al/Hal likely to join his girlfriend's crusade against the A-LAWS, again also highlighted in the OP where Al and Soma are fighting (mostly) Aheads.

I just hope Hallelujah's contribution will end up being more substantial, though I fear he's set up as a last resort for the end fight (again).
In a twist on the first season's ending however, I could see not only Allelujah syncronise with Hallelujah again, but also with Soma (and Marie) via their GN particle enhanced QBWs, forming a truly synergetic tandem (or is it a quartet?).

Also, it looks like the "Dialogue" Revive was referring to is nothing more than humanity-turned-Innovator hooked up to VEDA, which Ribbons is able to play like puppets just like he did with Louise and Anew. If everyone is controlled (in)directly by Ribbons, there'd be no conflict, but also no personal freedom of thought/choice.

Aeolia's true intention however may be for the "Dialogue" to come about via GN particle based telepathy, attaining world peace and a sense of unity through GN powered empathy, without relinquishing personal freedom/independence however.
Now this reeks of the dreaded GN Newtype end some have mentioned before, but I reckon it's not neccesarely awful or cheesy if indeed true, depending on how it's handled of course.
Kavik Ryx

Kenji wrote:

=P
Duly noted!

And for some reason, I think Ribbons is taking the place of my favorite Gundam villain. He is very much a smooth backstabber like Scirocco. Though he is far more lucid, and had to deal with Low Rent Treize for an entire season. I just wonder whether Regene is going to betray him, or something to that effect.
Dark Jackal

Anyone else feel like Setsuna *might* perish by the end of the season? The ruined 00 Gundam in a pool of flowers on the ending song may mean something.

Not to mention, what is the deal with all the butterflies? It reminds me of Turn-A Gundam.
Commissar Bright Noa

Dark Jackal wrote:Anyone else feel like Setsuna *might* perish by the end of the season? The ruined 00 Gundam in a pool of flowers on the ending song may mean something.

Not to mention, what is the deal with all the butterflies? It reminds me of Turn-A Gundam.
Nah, all the other Gundams look as shot up as well.
HMRising

Dark Jackal wrote:Anyone else feel like Setsuna *might* perish by the end of the season? The ruined 00 Gundam in a pool of flowers on the ending song may mean something.

Setsuna dying in the end I'm willing to bet won't happen. A huge part of developing him as a character is his endeavor to find and ensure peace and stability in the world, and even more so with himself, so killing him would belittle any transformation or change of character he might undergo as the series draws to a close (additionally, he has come a long way since season 1, in my opinion).

Likewise, I think that the butterflies are merely for symbolism and, to a lesser extent, an animation artist's touch. The Greek word for butterfly, psyche, is the same as that for soul, and it is interesting to note that winged creatures are universally thought to be able to communicate with other worlds and higher powers. The lifecycle of the butterfly is highly visible at every stage, making it a symbol of transformation.
Dark Jackal

HMRising wrote:Setsuna dying in the end I'm willing to bet won't happen. A huge part of developing him as a character is his endeavor to find and ensure peace and stability in the world, and even more so with himself, so killing him would belittle any transformation or change of character he might undergo as the series draws to a close (additionally, he has come a long way since season 1, in my opinion).
Well, it was speculating off the symbolism from the ending vid. It can also just be simply his love for the Gundam since he mentions it at the end of episode 19 (everyone else in there has something else going on). Most probably, Setsuna would die with his Gundam if it were to happen. Genki dai yo.
Poochi

My gosh Allelujah's useless. Give the Arios to Soma already.

They have 6 episodes left to explain why Lichty was a cyborg.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
pd771

Poochi wrote:My gosh Allelujah's useless. Give the Arios to Soma already.

Lichty's a cyborg because he had damage from Tau particles. I thought that was confirmed. I mean, I know it was at least heavily implied.

Edit: Stupid, I thought you said Lasse. Lichty was explained when it was shown he was a cyborg.
Last edited by pd771 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Meteoid

Uh, they explained it when we all saw he was a Cyborg, he was caught in the accident that killed his parents. Thats all, no more character development for useless minor Characters that were killed nearly a year ago.
pd771 wrote: Lichty's a cyborg because he had damage from Tau particles. I thought that was confirmed. I mean, I know it was at least heavily implied.
There was never any implication or confirmation of that sort, yes they were hit by a Tau beam but he became a Cyborg well before the series began, possibly even before he joined Celestial Being when there weren't any GN Drives in general use. (The 5 true ones being used by Krung Thep aside)
Last edited by Meteoid on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBlitz

Poochi wrote:My gosh Allelujah's useless. Give the Arios to Soma already.

Not to burst your bubble but it wont happen. He was probaly involved in an accident and made into somekind of Cyborg, do you needa anything more then that??

EDIT: NINJA'D!!!
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Janx_Dolaris

My gosh Allelujah's useless. Give the Arios to Soma already.
Really i think the Gn Archer is better equipped than Arios, having missiles and two rifles at all times. Arios just has the GN Drive, a rifle, wrist guns it cant use the same time as the rifle, and rarely used beamshields.

I really wish Allejuha would get better, everyone else has.