How is the slaughter dagger different from the regular dagge

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ydawg314

How is the slaughter dagger different from the regular dagge

Aside from looking more badass and sporting a aile striker pack.....
how is the slaughter dagger different from os predecessor the dagger
Dark Duel

The color's different, it has a creepy name, and its main weapon is a beam rifle that looks exactly like the original Dagger's machinegun.
And that is it as far's I can tell.
1. Color
2. Name/Designation
3. Beam Rifle instead of Machine Gun.

No other differences that I can see.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ydawg314

There must be some other upgrades?!
If how is bandai gonna repackage the same model in a different color and name
mcred23

ydawg314 wrote:If how is bandai gonna repackage the same model in a different color and name
...Bandai does that very often. There are a number of models that are the same MS just in different colors, maybe with one or two different weapons or some other minor differences.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Toxicity

Very minor indeed. Anyone else notice the machineguns in the Slaughter's feet?
Dynames

Toxicity wrote:Very minor indeed. Anyone else notice the machineguns in the Slaughter's feet?
yea the slaughter has 12.7mm machine guns in its feet an the dagger does not
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Kuruni

The machine gun is there since normal (105) Dagger. You two must be confuse with the Strike Dagger.

Well, Japanese Wikipedia point out that the Aile pack is its standard equipment. The source won't add AQM/E-X01 to its model number when equipped. It also claim about minor performance tune, but does not provide any detail.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Volnixshin

Dynames wrote:
Toxicity wrote:Very minor indeed. Anyone else notice the machineguns in the Slaughter's feet?
it does, actually
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
mcred23

Volnixshin wrote:
Dynames wrote:
it does, actually
It's not clear whether the Strike Dagger has them or not. While the lineart clearly shows it has the same mounts for them as the other Dagger-type units, the Strike Dagger's profile has never included them (At least, AFAIK). Perhaps the guns were not mounted in the feet, to save time and/or cost. We all know the basic GAT-01 was a cheap machine and the skimped on various features. This could be another of them...

Sume Gai

we aren't talking about the Strike Dagger red we are talking about the Dagger and yes it does have feet Gatlings listed in it's armaments
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
mcred23

Sume Gai wrote:we aren't talking about the Strike Dagger red we are talking about the Dagger and yes it does have feet Gatlings listed in it's armaments
Yeah, I know the Slaughter Dagger has the feet gatlings. I guess I misinterpreted the previous post (Of course, there seems to be confusion in the posts before it between which Dagger is which :roll: :P ).

Crimson-Lightning

one has to wonder if all slaughter daggers have the heat resistant ablative gel applied though. I mean stargazer shows slaughter daggers getting wasted from single hits from the DSSD astray beam pistols if i remember correctly.
supperrfreek

slaughter dagger seems to have more optional armaments
ydawg314

what optional weapons?
azrael

Chances are, the differences between the Slaughter Dagger and 105 Dagger are all under-the-hood (Engine/powerplant, armor, OS). Built-in weaponry is the same. They probably use the same parts. Both can mount Striker packs. Only difference is the weight. The Dagger come in at 57.05 tons, while the Slaughter Dagger comes in at 68.09 tons. So I'm going to stick with "any differences are internal" as my answer.
Arsarcana

mcred23 wrote:...Bandai does that very often. There are a number of models that are the same MS just in different colors, maybe with one or two different weapons or some other minor differences.
I'll take 'Frame Astrays' for $1000 please. :P An entire line of recolors with a few minor tweaks here and there. In case anyone doubts Bandai's intentions with that line, note how they didn't release kits of the Blue Frame Third or Raigo (don't get me started on that suit).
Calubin_175

I have to say that C.E never goes into detail in explaining the internal features of any unit. Hence, C.E is never good mecha contemplating material, despite myself having bought every single MSiA C.E Grunt.
exxecutor000

I agree with some of opinions here which says that most upgrades are internals. Phantom Pain should have at least some sort of advantage over the normal 105 Dagger

Slaughter Dagger should have a bespoke beam rifle for the model kit. How can beam rifle looks similar to a machine gun (at least smoothen the outer-barrel will do)
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Draco Starcloud

They have the technology by then to small beam guns that are smaller than the machinegun, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that they could stuff the beam rifle mechanics into a shell that looks like a machinegun.

I guess that, even though we never see that machinegun in an animated series, the machinegun is a common enough site that disguising a beam rifle like one would give the pilots an advantage.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
sandrum

Indeed the Gundam Seed Destiny MS Encyclopedia (pg94 - slaughter dagger) lists the changes as "minor" over the 105.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Slaughter Dagger is an improvement over the 105Dagger, which excelled as general purpose application unit, with minor changes. Improvements were made by making unit lighter and fine tuning the OS while the coloring was altered to a dark gray. Further, its strength was added to by having the Aile Striker Pack as standard equipment, making flight within the earth sphere possible when attached. Because of this, the unit was made a mighty halberd of PHANTOM PAIN for its combat power regardless of its use on the ground or space.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------