The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

Thread for season 2 of Gundam 00 and only season 2. Please tag spoilers, don't pull things out of your ass to speculate about, and refrain from being jerks.

Also, please keep in mind that if you're arguing about something and the other person isn't seeing it your way, it's a lot better to just leave it at that than to spend pages upon pages finding new and creative ways to repeat yourselves. We've had enough of these giant arguments that don't go anywhere, and I for one am not interested in chaperoning y'all again while you constantly repeat your "Andrei was evil!" "No, he's just misunderstood!" talking points, or whatever the next big storm will be.

Basically, quit being dicks.
Red XIV wrote:
World's End Mecha wrote:I agree about the brothers, but it's not just disregard that Nena shows when other people die. She laughs. She enjoys it. She's happy to see other people die. That's far worse than disregard.
Do you think it won't make Setsuna or Tieria (whichever of them gets to do the deed) happy when they kill Ali? Do you think it won't make Soma happy when she kills Andrei? This wasn't a random "for the lulz" killing like Nena did in season 1. This was revenge, killing Wang for betraying her by allying with Ali.
World's End Mecha wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:"The guy with the Gundam boner" describes Graham so perfectly...
Strangely enough, it also describes Setsuna.
No, Graham is obsessed with Gundam. Setsuna is Gundam.
Dean_the_Young wrote:Well, Saji's death flag must be waving wildly now: he's had his newtype sequence with Louise, he's finally found the will to keep on fighting without moping after battles, and now he's the most sensible character on the Ptolemy. In addition, Andrei intends to do Louise a favor and severe her past for her, which means Saji. And Mr. Bushido's implied he'll make Setsuna fight, foreshadowing dark deeds...

He's doomed. Probably going to have the 0 Riser cockpit smashed in while Louise watches in horror, no doubt.
Except that Andrei has to go up against 00 Raiser if he wants to kill Saji. Given that Setsuna tossed him aside like he was nothing in this episode, what do you seriously think Andrei's odds of survival would be if his actions convince Setsuna that he is worth paying attention to?
Last edited by ShadowCell on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casval Rem Daikun

Red XIV wrote:
World's End Mecha wrote:I agree about the brothers, but it's not just disregard that Nena shows when other people die. She laughs. She enjoys it. She's happy to see other people die. That's far worse than disregard.
Do you think it won't make Setsuna or Tieria (whichever of them gets to do the deed) happy when they kill Ali? Do you think it won't make Soma happy when she kills Andrei? This wasn't a random "for the lulz" killing like Nena did in season 1. This was revenge, killing Wang for betraying her by allying with Ali.

Ultimately, and particularly after the end of this last episode, no, it won't make them happy, any more than the people they've already killed did. At best they'll feel a sense of relief - Setsuna for finally excising the cancer that turned him into a child soldier, and Tieria for taking out the person that killed Neil and hurt Setsuna, but in the end they'll feel pretty empty about it.

SoMarie would most certainly feel no joy in killing the man she would have gladly called brother only a short time earlier, despite him killing the man she wanted to call father. She wants answers more than anything; answers that Andrei's perpetual state of denial and self delusion leave him not man enough to answer. She'll feel empty, alone and frustrated, perhaps enough so to put Soma back to sleep and let Marie grieve properly and move on.

Given how everyone seemed so deflated when Saji told them to stop, it just might be enough to reign in SoMarie so she doesn't go getting herself killed, although I don't think anybody outside CB besides Ali or perhaps Graham is capable of doing one on one.

Nena probably feels emptier than any of them already, but she's not emotionally equipped to deal with that properly, despite having 4 years to think about it or talk to someone about it (pretty sure Hong Long at least would listen to her). So instead she bides her time with Wang and Ribbons, then once she finds out Ali is on the same side she is, and she can't kill him, she turns on Wang, not Ribbons, who actually hired him, probably because she's afraid Ribbons will kill her or have Ali do it. Instead, she attacks the one person who took her in and who is incapable of fighting back. Granted, Wang isn't someone you want to save either, but it's pretty pathetic for Nena to be reduced to preying on the only person who's a bigger coward than she is.

At least now we'll get to see the Drei properly destroyed. :)

And if anybody is doomed, it's not Saji. Lockon Mk. II or Anew (maybe both) are the most likely doomed folks. Anytime a character professes their love for someone, that person or the one they love usually dies, or sometimes tries to kill them.
ZeonsSilverStar

I just got around to watching the episode and while I can't say anything that others haven't I will say that I'm glad Ribbons put Regene in his place. I can't say what exactly but something about him rubbed me the wrong way. As for Wang while I'd like to believe that she's dead I have a gut feeling she'll turnup before long.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
laj12387

Louise points her gun at Saji. Saji puts his had in front of it. BANG!!! LOL
Big B

I sense a bad ending for Anew from the previews. That and Mizushima seems to be taking on the spirit of Tomino, but, I guess we'll see how it plays out in the next ep.
Thundermuffin

Depends on if she killed Lasse or not.

If she killed Lasse, I don't think there's any coming back from that. She's going to have to pay somehow, whether it be next episode or by the end of the series.
Strike Zero

Big B wrote:I sense a bad ending for Anew from the previews. That and Mizushima seems to be taking on the spirit of Tomino, but, I guess we'll see how it plays out in the next ep.
That or Lyle may possibly be biting next episode instead.

Basically, it'd be something like this:

Allelujah: Marie, I know that you're really a nice girl at heart!
Saji: Louise, I know that you're really a nice girl at heart!
Lyle: Anew, I know that you're really a nice girl at-*BANG*
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Aegis

Lyle: You SHOT me! And yet... you avoided vital organs. I knew you're a nice girl at - *BANG!*

Don't ask. :P
Strike Zero

Is that sum Beast Wars reference thar? :P

On another note: is it just me, or has Saji been seeming more manly lately?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

I don't know about more manly, but I would say that he is becoming more solid in his convictions and of course just what those convictions are, ie. bringing back Louise.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ShadowCell

Strike Zero wrote:Is that sum Beast Wars reference thar? :P

On another note: is it just me, or has Saji been seeming more manly lately?
Yeah, real badasses cry when other people go off to kill some fool.

He may finally be growing a long-awaited pair, but he still has a long way to go before he hits badass country. Maybe if he personally drags Louise out of that mobile armor and back to the Ptolemy, he will ascend to the Pantheon of Awesome.

But not yet.

=P
Dean_the_Young

ShadowCell wrote:
Yeah, real badasses cry when other people go off to kill some fool.

He may finally be growing a long-awaited pair, but he still has a long way to go before he hits badass country. Maybe if he personally drags Louise out kicking and screaming of that mobile armor with his bare hands and back to the cave, he will ascend to the Pantheon of Awesome.

But not yet.

=P
Fixed it for you. :P
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Aegis

Strike Zero wrote:Is that sum Beast Wars reference thar? :P
Not word for word, of course, but I thought it was appropriate for some reason. :P

As far as Saji goes, well, he did get her kicking and screaming. Now he just needs to deliver on the rest, namely the dragging part. :P
Red XIV

Casval Rem Daikun wrote:So instead she bides her time with Wang and Ribbons, then once she finds out Ali is on the same side she is, and she can't kill him, she turns on Wang, not Ribbons, who actually hired him, probably because she's afraid Ribbons will kill her or have Ali do it. Instead, she attacks the one person who took her in and who is incapable of fighting back. Granted, Wang isn't someone you want to save either, but it's pretty pathetic for Nena to be reduced to preying on the only person who's a bigger coward than she is.
I don't see any reason to think Nena has just given up on the idea of killing Ali, or that she doesn't want to kill Ribbons. Just because she failed to kill Ali last time they met doesn't mean she won't try again. Sure, her chances of success are quite low, unless she manages to catch him on foot while she's in her Gundam, but I certainly still expect her to try.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Dean_the_Young

Surely you meant "even if she does catch him out of a Gundam"?
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Recon 5

She just needs to catch him boozing at an official reception while she's pursuing some objective. At the very least she'll remove his left hand.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Oruma

-hard to believe Wang will kick the bucket just like that. Hong, however... seems to be channeling Lichty. I suspect that Wang will be unhinged and pick up a giant MA somewhere... :roll:
OTOH, perhaps she'll make a nice couple with Mr. Busham...I mean, Mr. Grahido...oh, you know who I mean...

-I doubt Lasse will die just like that, either; otherwise, his GN Cancer would be wasted.
Big B wrote:I sense a bad ending for Anew from the previews. That and Mizushima seems to be taking on the spirit of Tomino, but, I guess we'll see how it plays out in the next ep.
Tomino: "I'm still alive and kickin', thank you very much!"
:lol:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Dean_the_Young

Oruma wrote:
Tomino: "I'm still alive and kickin', thank you very much!"
:lol:
Alright, his career then. How about that?

Official Jerid Fanboy
Gadget

Aegis wrote:Lyle: You SHOT me! And yet... you avoided vital organs. I knew you're a nice girl at - *BANG!*

Don't ask. :P
What's is his vital organ? His master or aiming eye, like his brother, his heart, or that thing between his ..... :oops:

I wonder why Somma did not shoot Saji. She look more murderous then she was going after that 'shuttercock' in season 1.

So is Al going to appear every time the 00 goes trans-am? But Al is still not the ultimate soldier. It's the combination of Hal and Al into one personality.
Thundermuffin

I just pray that Anew aimed for Lasse's crotch and thus his bulletproof Speedo protected him.

I don't know if they'll kill Lasse at this point. He does fulfill an important function, piloting the Ptolemy, and as far as I can think, there's no one else to do that on the ship now that Anew is being a jerk.

I think Hong Long has less of a chance of surviving than Lasse does at this point.