Xam'd: Lost memories(Bonen no Xamdou) BONES new anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Xanadu

Xam'd: Lost memories(Bonen no Xamdou) BONES new anime

I heard about this from the e7 fourm a while back but I figured I might as well make a topic about it now since it started. anyways it's really good so far and made by BONES so watch eet.
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Bonen_no_Xam ... hp?act=idx
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Wingnut

Why? I have no idea what it's about.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Recon 5

From the article it looks like a desperate attempt to jack up PS3 sales in Microsoft's stronghold- "Hey look, we're releasing an exclusive here that even our own country doesn't have yet, so hurry up and buy!"

If it turns out to be really good, though, it will outlive the console that its selling.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Kavik Ryx

It in fact is really good, and gives off some nice Ghibli vibes while it's at it.
TheGoose

Heres some info about what its about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xam%27d:_Lost_Memories

Pretty mysterious. Though, Bones always do hip shows, so I guess I'll take a look at it.
quasadra

Nirvash Type 3? i am getting a shonen vibe from it. boy meet girl, girl give boy power, boy beat everybody with it. and some Ancient Conspiracy is bound to show up.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Teki

Yea been watching it since episode 1 was first released. Is a good show, has bones vibe, especially Eureka Seven feel (with the hip music, the colored waves, and character designs... could have sworn the main character whose name slips my mind this moment looks like renton at times)
TheGoose

has bones vibe, especially Eureka Seven feel (with the hip music, the colored waves, and character designs... could have sworn the main character whose name slips my mind this moment looks like renton at times
gives off some nice Ghibli vibes while it's at it.
Apparently, the person who made this comparsion with Eureka Seven and Princess Mononoke thought so too: http://moeformoe.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -chart.jpg

I also agree with everyone that the show is quite good. It still has Bones' hip feel and shows a nice return to the idea of a transforming protagonist. Akiyuki [the main character] is pretty interesting in that hes a good and cheerful kid who has had to deal with his parent's divorce. The first four shows really gave the viewers a lot of info so that they aren't lost with whats happening.
wraith1701

I'm really digging this show- the music is great, the character designs are interesting, and the overall design and tone of the show are both pretty cool. There is a definite Ghibli influence, esp. in the antagonist "human-form weapons" and the character Nakiami- she looks like she stepped right out of a Ghibli film. I'm also a fan of the ASP Suit design- the small and agile combat armor is a refreshing change from the huge, ponderous mecha seen in most anime.

The world in which the story takes place is intriguing- I like the blend of Dark-Fairy-Tale, Steampunk, and war-torn near-future. The bits of backstory that have been hinted at so far have me hooked, so unless the show seriously derails, I think I'm going to follow it to its conclusion.
Teki

Well if stays as the 26 episodes slated and we are halfway through i feel lost hwere it is headed. Mean can't tell who is bad and who is the real bad-guys. Love the series and everything and themes played out are are nice but wish i had more sense that the series will have closure. Surprised nobody else is talking about the show that often as is very well done.
TheGoose

We've recently come to the half-way point and, from what Akiyuki's mother said, I get the feeling that Akiyuki won't be returning. Akiyuki's father knows that he has to find some place where he wants to be. One of the themes of the show, it seems, it growing up and moving on.

Though, Haru was trying to move on, shes all confused since Akiyuki came back and is wondering whether to help him or stay with the military to take him down. If she helps Akiyuki she helps her friend, but if she doesn't help her family, then they could get hurt or experimented on by the military. Some people have been speculating that if Furuichi gets killed in the next episode, she'll break all ties with Akiyuki and try to kill him.
Kavik Ryx

Teki wrote:Well if stays as the 26 episodes slated and we are halfway through i feel lost hwere it is headed. Mean can't tell who is bad and who is the real bad-guys. Love the series and everything and themes played out are are nice but wish i had more sense that the series will have closure. Surprised nobody else is talking about the show that often as is very well done.
Hey, just because I've been held up by other things, doesn't mean I'm not watching it. And yet, it is incredibly well done, even if I'm only 5 eps in.
TheGoose

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -get-manga

Xam'd gets a manga. Meanwhile in the anime, the Quickening is about to begin.
lafiel

So this series has just finished recently, to people here who have finished it, how was it? is it as good as bones previous mecha series eg eureka 7 & rah-xephon?
thanatos

It's made by Bones (meh) and seems to have good character designs and a good OP track.

That's enough to put it on the "to watch" list.
Teki

I enjoyed it. Wasn't really mecha, well was, but wasn't as important. I know lot of people complained at ending, but you can't compare it to anything. Is enjoyable, but was interesting to say least. You keep expecting things, but good way don't come. I enjoyed it but can see why many didn't, as not clichéd and has many characters have average ending like real life.
TheGoose

SPOILERS I don't know, I thought that Akiyuki survived, but had to wait 9 years to come back. This seems to be the case with what happens at the end and Nakami's words of Akiyuki coming back.
Toxicity

I watched the first couple episodes the other night. BONES never fails to amaze me. Two episodes and I'm already hooked. They better start explaining WTF is going on though, cus I don't like being left in the dark for too long, but on the other hand, I'm glad they got straight into the action. Now that Akiyuki's back to normal(as normal as its going to get I'm sure), I'm curious to see how he's going to react to this change.