The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mark XIII

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mark XIII

For all your Gundam 00 mecha needs. Please tag spoilers, don't post random crap with no backing or source, and refrain from being jerks.
Gone Astray wrote:
Meteoid wrote:Which is fine since they won't be doing any fighting in re-entry. Also for Kyrios to project it's GN-Field it was semi transformed (the Nosecone was up) I would guess the Gundams don't have a problem with the amount of particles but emitting them is the issue if they want to use it in combat. Virtue has it's chunky emitters, Kyrios' nose serves as an emitter and the Exia and Dynames' Emitters are the GN-Arms. In re-entry I think they just spread huge amount of particles from the drive and the condensers and they act as a "quasi-GN Field" that is good enough for re-entry but wouldn't hold together in combat.
I think the issue of GN Field deployment is tied to how well a unit can manipulate GN particles. We only ever see the Exia and Dynames deploy Fields when docked with the Arms, whose wings double as massive clavicle antennae; as well, the Kyrios's nosecone was deployed whenever it created a Field, and the nosecone had two extra antennae on it. The Alvaron had its great big wings that moved during Field deployment, too, and the Seravee has the Seraphim's very large clavicle antennae.

We've also seen the Eins, Drei, and GN-X variants use small, one-way Fields, and they have a noticeable lack of coordinating equipment. The 00 could create a one-way barrier on its own, but the 00-Raiser could create an omnidirectional Field once it had the addition of the 0-Raiser's four large antennae.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meteoid

That's what I meant, only you explained it better. Exia and Dynames, lacking the necceseray equipment to manipulate GN particles effectively so they can only shield themselves in re-entry by expelling massive amounts of particles around them that have no real structure or shape.
SNT1

Confirmations here:

-We see Trans-AM 00 Raiser destroy a MM this time---and now, it's clear---IT'S A GIGANTIC BEAM SABER as opposed to TBR-style point-and-drag.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ZeroBusterXX

I haven't read 00P in a while and I have a question about the Rasiel. Does it have it's own GN Drive? I know the Fereshte Gundams all shared the 0 Gundam's and I am curious.
Sulendil Zeta

ZeroBusterXX wrote:I haven't read 00P in a while and I have a question about the Rasiel. Does it have it's own GN Drive? I know the Fereshte Gundams all shared the 0 Gundam's and I am curious.
Rasiel use 0 Gundam's GN drive, although in its first debut in 00P, it use another GN Drive from a 3rd generation Gundam.
latenlazy

SNT1 wrote:Confirmations here:

-We see Trans-AM 00 Raiser destroy a MM this time---and now, it's clear---IT'S A GIGANTIC BEAM SABER as opposed to TBR-style point-and-drag.
Who says it can't be both...
Marcis

Arios Archer debuts. I can't wait until next episode to see what it and Trans-AM Arios Archer can really do.
Applying for job at Anaheim
Recon 5

I stand corrected.

Anyway, how many more orbital cannons does A-Laws have? From my count, this one should be the last of them but I could be wrong.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
azrael

Recon 5 wrote:

I stand corrected.

Anyway, how many more orbital cannons does A-Laws have? From my count, this one should be the last of them but I could be wrong.
This was #2 according to what I heard. Perhaps they rebuilt #2 during the 4 months.
Xanadu

azrael wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:

I stand corrected.

This was #2 according to what I heard. Perhaps they rebuilt #2 during the 4 months.
Maybe it wasn't as destroyed as we were lead to believe by the explosion. it wouldn't be the first time since in the fight with Ali Dyname's exploded but came out of it with not nearly as much damage as was suggested by the size of the explosion.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Gone Astray

azrael wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:I stand corrected.

I wouldn't be surprised, since Setsuna didn't do as much damage the first time as he did in this episode. He apparently didn't pierce the resonance chamber the first time because the Memento Mori still fired; and I imagine that taking out a small slice of the top wouldn't be beyond repairing.

Now, if they were to repair what happened in this episode, I'd be pretty surprised.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Aegis

So we finally get to see the Archer in MA mode do more than act as an appendage to the Arios. Not that it was much, but it actually fired missiles this time around. After that, I don't expect to see a whole lot more from the Arios Archer beyond a Trans Am mode.
jam!

My sub says that the "Aoii" of the Masurao has been modified. Anyone has any idea what that is?
RedBlitz

jam! wrote:My sub says that the "Aoii" of the Masurao has been modified. Anyone has any idea what that is?
It's either an Epyon style beam saber or the TRANS-AM. I'm hoping it's the TRANS-Am cause Mr. Bushido with an Epyon Sword is scary..... Zechs did some amazing things with that, imagine what a lunatic with a Gundam problem will do with it!! :shock:
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
quasadra

cough up more blood? :P
reeoyuy

No, slicing orbital elevator in half a la Epyon dissect Bulge (or whatever that OZ space fortress spelled).
Well, now with that huge beam saber, OO-Raiser is officially a weapon of mass-destruction.
Xanadu

So wait, is Ali's gun he shot Setsuna really some sort of beam gun? They mentioned fake GN Particles.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Wingnut

Xanadu wrote:So wait, is Ali's gun he shot Setsuna really some sort of beam gun? They mentioned fake GN Particles.
No, just a regular slug done up with the same process that is used to make things like GN swords and lances. Likely propelled by GN particles as well instead of gunpowder.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dean_the_Young

RedBlitz wrote: It's either an Epyon style beam saber or the TRANS-AM. I'm hoping it's the TRANS-Am cause Mr. Bushido with an Epyon Sword is scary..... Zechs did some amazing things with that, imagine what a lunatic with a Gundam problem will do with it!! :shock:
Isn't it obvious? Bushido and Setsuna are going to have a over-sized beam saber duel, with beam swords the size of space ships. :P
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Meteoid

Today's thought. How in the name of all that is holy does Revive just stand floating there when Wang and Hong Long need space suits? Presumably Innovators need Air since they wear pilot helmets and suits. And Ribbons has a space suit when they go to hack Veda.