The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Version 12

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Janx_Dolaris

Even though its shots were white and it sounded like the Tieren guns from last season.
Laevatein

It's more yellowish white than purely white actually, closer to the A-Law's beam color in some shots, and in the first shot you see of it shooting (17:02)you can clearly hear that it's beam shots do sound like... well, beam shots. The metallic clank from later scenes seem to be more from the Tieren's arms than the beam rifle.
SNT1

Never mind what color the beam shots were, but how is that brick able to float as well as a GN-unit?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xanadu

Cuz GN Particles kick physics to the curve and do the impossible, silly. :3
Sorry, I feel a tad bit high today. XD

Anyways it was interesting to see the federation still uses so many old-generation Mobile suits. I mean I knew they had a few from the Al breakout and I think there were some blockading Azadistan(or some other city i forget) before Robbons fired Memento Mori on him but they still are using a lot. Though was there some upgrade to their weapons since s1 because before a hit to a Gn-powered suit from a plasma gun barely scratched it but If I remembered correctly A KatharonGN-X flying out of the tower got taken out in one shot from it.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Meteoid

Xanadu wrote:Cuz GN Particles kick physics to the curve and do the impossible, silly. :3

Anyways it was interesting to see the federation still uses so many old-generation Mobile suits. I mean I knew they had a few from the Al breakout and I think there were some blockading Azadistan(or some other city i forget) before Robbons fired Memento Mori on him but they still are using a lot. Though was there some upgrade to their weapons since s1 because before a hit to a Gn-powered suit from a plasma gun barely scratched it but If I remembered correctly A KatharonGN-X flying out of the tower got taken out in one shot from it.
Yes GN particles do kick physics to the curve, Sergei's Taozi isn't powered by GN particles though.

Oh and Katharon don't have GN-Xs either.

But anyway SNT1 is right, the Tieren Taozi weighs in at nearly twice as much as Virtue, its 112 tons! Theres no way it can remain airborne with thruster power alone, as a comparison the Flag only weighs 67.1 and the Enact at 66.8 metric tons
Genocide

Meteoid wrote:But anyway SNT1 is right, the Tieren Taozi weighs in at nearly twice as much as Virtue, its 112 tons! Theres no way it can remain airborne with thruster power alone, as a comparison the Flag only weighs 67.1 and the Enact at 66.8 metric tons
It's also never been airborne before. During the first large operation in S1 by the UN forces, the most it did was hover like a Dom. It's possible that the machine was simply in free-fall when it looked like it was floating, given how high up they were.
SNT1

The Tieren was floating alongside all the GN powered units and other airborne units (Flag, Enact and a Hellion I think); it didn't look like they were all free-falling, nor I believe that was the case.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Meteoid

It quite clearly comes up and hovers next to Hercules' GN-X. And it also flew up the elevator shaft in the episode before.

EDIT: Beaten by SNT1's ninja skills!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Hey guys, I think you should take a look atthis. If you look closely enough, the visor hides a Gundam face. Not sure if this is relvant, just thought it was pretty cool or whatever :wink:
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Whoops, didnt see the link blue.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Xanadu

Meteoid wrote:
Xanadu wrote:Cuz GN Particles kick physics to the curve and do the impossible, silly. :3

Yes GN particles do kick physics to the curve, Sergei's Taozi isn't powered by GN particles though.

Oh and Katharon don't have GN-Xs either.

But anyway SNT1 is right, the Tieren Taozi weighs in at nearly twice as much as Virtue, its 112 tons! Theres no way it can remain airborne with thruster power alone, as a comparison the Flag only weighs 67.1 and the Enact at 66.8 metric tons
oh yeah the Coup, not katharon, my bad.
And I thought it had like GN condensers somwhere which is why it had a GN-Advanced Gun?
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Meteoid

It's a theory that we had, it makes sense to think so though since the Gun can emit a beam saber so it shooting beams aswell isn't hard to imagine.
Genocide

Meteoid wrote:It quite clearly comes up and hovers next to Hercules' GN-X. And it also flew up the elevator shaft in the episode before.
I nearly forgot about that. Well damn, the Tieren AT Type has a lot more power than it's given credit for. Makes me wonder why the HRL were using normal Tierens for so long...
Draco Starcloud

I was wondering if someone could either confirm or debunk an observation I made during the flashback at the beginning of the episode. When the Fantons were fighting, I thought I saw and heard one's chin-mounted smoothbore cannon firing as rapidly as a machinegun.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Genocide wrote:
Meteoid wrote:It quite clearly comes up and hovers next to Hercules' GN-X. And it also flew up the elevator shaft in the episode before.
I nearly forgot about that. Well damn, the Tieren AT Type has a lot more power than it's given credit for. Makes me wonder why the HRL were using normal Tierens for so long...
probably because the original Toazi was said to be too much for a normal pilot to handle and as far as I know they didn't develop the AT type till after S1, I could be wrong of course and also because they're most likely very expensive compared to the A-type Tieren
Laevatein

They actually did mass produce the ART for a while: the Tieren Kyitwo profile from 00P states that the ART is the limited mass production version of the Taozi, but made for normal soldiers. The goal of the All-Region Type, and the HRL's MS development during that time was the development of a MS that can operate in all environments without modification. While that research has been made moot by the GN Drive's versatility, it would appear that the HRL did continue improving the ART to the specs they were meant to perform in, hence explaining why it can remain airborne for quite some time.
frezik

Let's step back a second. What's the real difference between a beam saber and a beam gun in GN pseudo physics?

As I recall from Minovsky pseudo physics 101, beam sabers are guns are almost identical. One just forms a beam that stays attached to its emitter, and the other doesn't. Obviously, GN particles are based on Minovsky particles.

Therefore, it doesn't really matter if you call it a long beam saber or very large beam gun.
NiceGuy1992

about GN particles, does highly condensed/compressed GN particles = high energy particles, or is it the quantity of GN particles = high energy particles?

basically quality vs quantity of GN particles in a weaponized state

ex. assuming the GN-Drives output is constant amongst the 5 drives, Virtue and Seravee could fire massive/powerful particle beams at the price of longer recharge/compression times than the other Gundams. is that an issue of a longer recharge time of particle quantity, or a longer compression time of the particles?
DeltasTaii

Strike Rouge syndrome. That's really all I can call a Taozi flying.

Personally, I'm even more worried trying to justify how the thing could survive coming all the way down from the elevator at all, even if that's technically not re-entry. The other Gundams had to come to catch 00 Raiser, right, so how does a giant brick like that with rather limited propellant supply not go splat? If we had seen it riding the Hercules' GN-X it may have made more sense, but there's quite a bit of them falling without anything like that.