New Year's: 2009

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Areku

New Year's: 2009

It's now the New Year on the East Coast; how did you celebrate it? What kind of party did you go to, what's your Resolution?

Me, a quaint little get-together with family and the typical "exercise and eat right" resolution.

Happy New Year!
Last edited by Areku on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turinu

Happy New Years from the East Coast! I sat down with me mum and drank some sparkling cider (Smelt and tasted horrible). Normally we'd go outside and bang pots and pans together but since our neighborhood is full of old folks we didn't want to disturb their slumber. :3

Could see the fireworks display from Downtown, though. Wooh!
Wingnut

Just me at home tonight watching the various shows on TV. Dick Clark will do the show until he dies, I kid you not.

I'm going to watch that guy try and make that motorcycle jump in Vegas now.
Edit: He made it.

Oh, and the only beverage being consumed here is Pepsi.
Last edited by Wingnut on Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Had some people over and when everyone left played Tatsunoko VS Capcom
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Destroy Gundam

I played Civilization IV up till the ball dropped. Nothing like leading a civilization through the years on New Year's, huh?

Didn't do much else, really. Spent a relatively quite evening at home.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Strike105

We didn't go out and shoot our firearms into the night sky, though I am fighting the urge. Seriously, we just had a little get together with family & friends and listened to classic rock. Except for me, I'm just staying in my room playing PS3, accessing internet on my PS3, and typing this post, again, on my PS3. I am not a very social person. Although I am liking the music coming from the living room.
Last edited by Strike105 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SNT1

Happy New Years everyone, advanced and belated.

As for my New Year's resolution that I will only likely keep in a month at the very most, I... who am I kidding. I'll just say I'll try to be better :P
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Brave Fencer Kirby

Neighborhood has a sort of block party every New Years and 4th of July -- this year was no exception. Good food, lots of booze, and a Wii set up in the parking lot = good times for all.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
TheGoose

Just watched the ball drop and wondered how New Yorkers can stand outside in 15 degrees in temperature. I didn't have any cool party, but I'm still having a good time watching South Park. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to go to Church more.

Happy New Year to everyone! May 2009 be the greatest year in the history of humanity ever!!!
Big B

Played Scrabble and have a mother-in-law convinced my wife is having twins.
Areku

Annnd now I'm listening to the TTGL OST. Call me crazy, but something about it seems to fit perfectly with the whole New Year's vibe.

Anyway, yeah, I'm hoping 2009 shapes up to be a good year. Events don't like to conveniently correspond with calendar dates, so if 2008's any indication, 2009 will have some rough edges. But hey, we're all still here despite whatever crap 2008 threw at us, so now all we have to do is strive towards 2010! 8)
J-Lead

I'm not going to say where I am, only that I probably shouldn't be where I am right now.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
lalahsghost

The future isn't as exciting as I thought :( Maybe 2010 will be different...
Shea

Happy New Year from butt******* nowhere Tennessee!

I celebrated the New Year by ordering the Mazinkaiser box set,
and having a Dr. Pepper drinking binge!

Right now I'm eying a stray bag of Funyuns, he doesn't stand a chance.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Kishiria

My husband has a chest cold and now I have it too. I was in bed by ten.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
krullnar

Happy Newtype everybody!!
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Wedge14

Don't wanna be a party pooper here. Worst new years of my life to be honest.

Long story short, got in a fight (with a close friend). Already had a broken arm, think I messed it up even more. (Why isn't there an emoticon that represent my tears accurately.)
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Battosai28

I danced the night away outside in 9 degree fahrenheit weather. Don't ask, it's a Bostonian thing.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Yes it is a Bostonian thing, I love buying the flashy yo-yo balls at the stands =D Missed it this year.

Anyways, I spent that little five minutes of celebrating on the phone with my friends. No TV so I couldn't watch the ball drop...Only hear earbursting screams from my phone.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Mr. Hanekoma

I spent New Year's Eve with a group of friends at a local chapter of the Wesley Foundation. We ate, we drank (soda), and we watched Beetejuice. We rang in the New Year during the Calypso scene. It was pretty funny. I got home around four, just in time to say hi to my mom before she left for work, and then watched four episodes of Battlestar Galactica before falling asleep.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?