Transformers the movie thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Loran Cehack

Transformers the movie thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1XqP-VIQEQ
This should speak for itself.
mcred23

Interesting. Vewy vewy interesting.

I'd like to see more, but we probably won't for a couple of months. Too bad.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Anonymous

Wow....

Definately worth keeping an eye on.

This could be the open door for mecha anime being turned into live action movies....
mcred23

This could be the open door for mecha anime being turned into live action movies....
No, it won't. If this movie is a hit, then any other mecha movie will be trying to cash in on the same sucess, and probably be of lower quality, with maybe one or two other decent (But probably not great) movies. If it isn't a hit, when no more mecha anime being made into movies.

But as I've always said, Bandai turned me into a pessimist...

Anonymous

Have a little faith in Bandai, red. Although it seems like Sunrise will never produce another live action film, if someone there was smart enough, they would learn from their mistakes and not let any Canadians or Americans near it lol.......hmmm.... hope i didn't offend anyone.......
Kokopelli

Hmn, personally I don't like trailers that tell me nothing and are only teasers. I wanted to see more visuals. It looks like they're changing the story a bit, doesn't seem too bad, actually kinda interesting.
mcred23

Have a little faith in Bandai, red.
I lost faith in them when the kept delaying Zeta and F91. It'll be a long time before I trust them again...

And I agree with kokopelli. You don't see very much in the teaser, and I'd like to see more (a lot more) so I can make something of a guess as to how the movie will be. But, as I know next to nothing about Transformers (It was before my time) I can't comment on how they may be changing the story.

Anonymous

mcred23 wrote:But, as I know next to nothing about Transformers (It was before my time) I can't comment on how they may be changing the story.
So was Gundam... what's your point?
mcred23

Gundam was on TV when I was younger, and I saw it and became a fan. I have not seen much of Transformers (Only very little, and from the newer shows) so I don't know much about it. Kokopelli commented that it looked like they were changing the story a little, and I basically said I wouldn't know.

Enki

Does anybody hope that they at least get the original actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker to voice their old characters Optimus Prime and Megatron? That alone would make the whole world watch it and say it was great and not have the whole world watch it and complain about the new voices (if any).
Kokopelli

In the original show, the transformers crashed on Earth, then after a long time were repaired/modded to transform into Earth machines and started up the fighting. This looks like they are alive and well on Mars and we somehow provoke them into coming to Earth. I think its an interesting idea, but it's all going to be in how they do it.
Chris
Administrator

Enki wrote:Does anybody hope that they at least get the original actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker to voice their old characters Optimus Prime and Megatron? That alone would make the whole world watch it and say it was great and not have the whole world watch it and complain about the new voices (if any).
Michael Bay said he would try to get them. Nothing's definite, but those two guys are a big part of what would be a winning formula for the movie.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
G.Squirrel

Mars looks alot like the Salt Flats...hmmmm...

Seriously, this trailer tells us nothing, and we cannot draw any conclusions from it to see if it will suck, be a hit, or defy the laws of physics and manage to suck and blow at the same time. I hate trailers like these, it's just like the CoD 3 trailer.
Nagi

G.Squirrel wrote:I hate trailers like these,
It's not a trailer. It's more like a teaser to announce the project to the general public. After all, not everyone is an internet rumormonger like we are, and this will be the vast majority's first word of the project's very existence.
EZero8

Transformers as a live action movie...? How come I have a feeling that if this even comes out it's gonna be exactly like G-Savior?

700 posts... yippie!!! :D (I'm still not happy about losing the Mysterious Masked Dude rank though... :evil: )
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

How come I have a feeling that if this even comes out it's gonna be exactly like G-Savior?
Why should we doubt that this will come out? I've been hearing mention of it off and on for over year, and they already have a release date. It's safe to assume this will get released.

As for it being like G-Saviour, well, we'd have to see a longer trailer to make any kind of guess like that.

EZero8

About that release date. Its coming out next year (I didnt quite catch the exact date). Just got back from seeing Superman Returns and they had a big poster on the wall that said TRANSFORMERS... :shock: :(
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Loran Cehack

EZero8 wrote:About that release date. Its coming out next year (I didnt quite catch the exact date). Just got back from seeing Superman Returns and they had a big poster on the wall that said TRANSFORMERS... :shock: :(
July Fourth.
DragoZERO

This should be awesome. I cannot wait for this movie to come out. I have a good feeling about it. They just have to make the movie so that any audience can watch and enjoy it, like X-Men.
Doven

when i saw this awile back I craped myself, I just hope that I didn't soil a perfect pair of underware for a crappy movie.
If knowing is half the battle then Im going in unarmed.