Gundam 30th Anniversary

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
abaoaqu

Gundam 30th Anniversary

As we all know, April 7, 2009 will mark the thirtieth anniversary of the original Gundam.

What would you like to see be done to commemorate it? What is being planned?
Сиг Зион!
Areku

I don't know if anything specific is being planned, but if things go without skipping a beat, episode 50 of 00 airs 2 1/2 weeks before that date. Factor in possible schedule delays, and 00 might be part of some "anniversary celebration".
Zeonic Glory

Actually, theres going to be an announcement for the 30th anniversary right after 00 ends.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
GN-003 Kyrios

I've heard this on Gundamn but perhaps they are planning either a new series or a movie to commemorate the event.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
reeoyuy

Most likely movie(s) or OVAs. Having 2 series in a row is too much, even for Bandai. Well I expect loads and loads of merchandises and gunpla for 30th anniversary. But honestly, I want Unicorn or Sentinel animated 8)
GN-003 Kyrios

Sentinal would be awesome. I've only heard a little bit about it but it looks sweet.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
abaoaqu

reeoyuy wrote:Most likely movie(s) or OVAs. Having 2 series in a row is too much, even for Bandai. Well I expect loads and loads of merchandises and gunpla for 30th anniversary. But honestly, I want Unicorn or Sentinel animated 8)
Is the movie going to be set in the UC continity or a be a completely different thing?
Сиг Зион!
Wingnut

abaoaqu wrote:
reeoyuy wrote:Most likely movie(s) or OVAs. Having 2 series in a row is too much, even for Bandai. Well I expect loads and loads of merchandises and gunpla for 30th anniversary. But honestly, I want Unicorn or Sentinel animated 8)
Is the movie going to be set in the UC continity or a be a completely different thing?
How the frack should we know? No one is saying anything more on what might or might not be done.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Akai Suisei

I'm kind of hoping for Sentinal myself, or for basically any sort of special merchandise. I'll be in Japan just two months after the anniversary, so I'm really hoping to be able to pick up some neat stuff...
Sleepneeded127

i expecting a re-release of the original on DVD or something like that.
a new show would be great and more so if its U.C. but i think that a lil unlikely
X10A-Freedom

I hope it will be a new translation of F91 with the crossbone story told in it as a full series even though I know thats super wishful thinking. Unicorn and Sentinel sound good to me as well. I just hope whatever it is its UC related.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I just want to get a boatload of annisversary memorabilia or whatever is limited production, because I missed out on the Hazel Owsla thing a year ago.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
thanatos

Strike_Rouge_Mk2 and reeoyuy have the right idea.

All I expect is *drumroll* another MG RX 78 reissue! Maybe they'll kick off a line of 3.0 models or just make it a clear variant or cover it in a glossy finish.
NastyNate

I am looking forward to the first possible hi def UC gundam series. It would be awsome if it was like the part 3 of zeta gundam taking place right after CCA and seeing some camille and judea teamwork...Yeah...good stuff
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
sushicake

I hope it's UC kinda getting tired of the "Alternate Universe" crap 00 is good but I want classic Gundam.
you know what makes special sauce so special?
Kenji

Well, considering that it's supposed to be a "surprise," it probably has nothing to do with 00 or SEED. I'm hoping for a non-OYW UC work, myself. Unicorn or Crossbone would be nice (Sentinel is unlikely to nil), but an original work would be welcome, too.

All I ask is that it's good, whatever it is.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
NastyNate

I want UC but I think it will probably be the gundam seed movie. What ever it is going to be I will probably buy it. :oops:
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Kenji

But, they said "surprise"... and the Gundam SEED movie isn't a surprise. It'd be the least surprising thing they could possibly announce...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
J-Lead

Seeing as the announcement is supposed to be a "surprise project", and seeing as how the context of the word "surprise" implies that this project is supposed to be something we wouldn't really expect otherwise, I think we can rule out the idea of another AU or some shmucky gunpla, because neither of those are particularly surprising, and we already know about the SEED movie and have for years now, so that's out too. Last anniversary yielded Turn A Gundam, and if you ask me, I'm getting the vibe here that this time it's going to be something big that's either UC related, directed by Tomino, or both. Seeing as this is the 30th anniversary and all, anything else would be kind of... inappropriate I suppose in terms of commemorating the franchise.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
ShadowCell

I hope they really "surprise" us and go to some slice of the UC well other than the One Year freaking War.