The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Personally, I felt that the post-ED ending was sort of weak and slapped on at the end so they'd have something there to lead into the next episode. It could jsut as easily have been shown in the first few seconds of Ep7, with the bit with Saji screaming like a little baby at the end instead.

Setting that aside, a great episode in terms of character development for Sumeragi/Kujou and Colonel Manequin, although Saji getting Bright-Slapped by Tieria was a high point too.
I am getting more and more pissed with that Lindt dude with every second he's onscreen, and I hope to see him die.
And I'm getting a bit tired of Allelujah's persistent angst over Soma/Marie. I mean jeez, it's like he caught Seed-itis or something, he's spending so much time complaining when he should be fighting. Hoping to see him get over it and start kicking butt again after next episode.

Saji in this episode reminded me waaay too much if Shinji in the early eps of Evangelion. And I LOL'd at Andrei in this episode, it was kinda funny to see him gaping at Louise like that with his mouth hanging open, until Soma brought him back down to Earth.

Moving beyond that, great episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Neo_Senku

Pretty good episode, though not as good as the last 5 IMO, but thats fine. The animation seemed off at some points, when Tieria was talking to saji, something seemed odd.

Al Needs to get his act together, ever time him and that cool lookin Arios sortie all thats happens is he gets hit. He can't bring Marie back if he dies, if enough of Marie exists in the first place.

Lyle is in serious mode and seems to be doing as good as he did in the previous episode, makes me rethink my stance on him not being good at sniping, since he is a spy, maybe he is just making sure that he was playing his part 24/7 so he wouldn't be found out, though that matters not now, or he has been hitting the Sim and has improved. Dude is a mystery, its great.

Tieria, slapping some since into saji, priceless.

How the Arche Gundam didn't detect a transport, yet the Zwei picked up a life sign is beyond my understanding.

Some of Sumeragi's past finally revealed. Sending your lover? to their death against comrades by accident is bound to screw you big time.

Lindt, die soon, gruesomely. Pansies shouldn't be allowed to smack bears, it just ain't right i tells ya's.
Ya know what, We're All Gundam. ^_^

The Magnificent Bastard is an awesome trope.
azrael

This came through another forum.

Ali's Gundam name should probably be spelled "Arc/Arch", not "Arche". The production staff may be pronouncing it as "Arch" [ahrch], as in the architectural structure. If his Gundam is suppose to be an angel, then "Arch" [ahrk] as in "archangel" [ahrk-eyn-juhl] is the correct spelling.
Ohmygodiamonfire

azrael wrote:This came through another forum.

Ali's Gundam name should probably be spelled "Arc/Arch", not "Arche". The production staff may be pronouncing it as "Arch" [ahrch], as in the architectural structure. If his Gundam is suppose to be an angel, then "Arch" [ahrk] as in "archangel" [ahrk-eyn-juhl] is the correct spelling.
His gundam is suppose to be an angel? Man, that is some serious irony we have going on there.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
SNT1

Satan was an angel; having an angel as a bad guy isn't exactly new.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xanadu

SNT1 wrote:Satan was an angel; having an angel as a bad guy isn't exactly new.
*cough*NGE*cough*
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Destiny_Gundam

Xanadu wrote:*cough*NGE*cough*
Technically, those were apostles. Course in the end they were actually alternate humans, but that's not the point here.

You shouldn't make posts like that.

Anyways, naming a villain mecha after a celestial being isn't anything surprising. You had the Dominion in SEED, and then you had the Throne Gundams too.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kenji

azrael wrote:This came through another forum.

Except they're most likely not pronouncing it "Arch," since the kana reads "aruke" as opposed to "aruku" or "aruchi." Also, from the mecha topic, it was brought up that "Arche" is Greek for "Principality," which fits in with the other Greek angelic classes used so far more than a shortened "Archangel" (or, in this case, "Archgundam").

Good episode, keeping the action going, making small revelations, and characters like Saji attempting to move forward. It feels a bit incomplete, being clearly only the onset of the next episode's events, so I think there'll be more to say come next week.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Jadzia

Dean_the_Young wrote:Quantum brainwaves aren't the same as newtype, per see. Newtypes could sense the intents and actions of others from across a distance in combat, which gave them a bit of precog as to how the enemy would attack.

As of now, that's never really been seen to happen with Soma or Allelujah. From Hallelujah's words during his final beatdown of Soma last season, quantum brainwaves just allow greatly enhanced reactions and thinking speeds that surpass a normal persons.
I never said they were exactly the same as UC newtypes. I was making an oversimplified point and saying that the short and sweet version is that they're a latter day version of the same basic concept.

Effectively, most every series in the Gundam franchise has had some form or variation of it, with more recent examples being Mwu in SEED and Al in 00. Are they the same as Amuro or Char? No. But you can't say they aren't basically the same concept redone another way, just as the Haros in those series being similar but not the same as Amuro's Haro.

But in the end, I digress because that really wasn't the point of the post. Someone asked what the deal with quantum brain-waves was and I answered with a brief description of the story component as I saw it.
Kenji

Hate to be an ass, but they don't serve a similar function at all.

Nobody's hoisting the Quantum Brainwave Racial Superiority flag and using it as an excuse to make war/conquest. Quantum Brainwaves aren't seen as the open door for enlightenment and there isn't a rush by the HRL or the Federation to make as much use of this as possible (if anything, the fact that Soma's a supersoldier seems largely ignored by her superiors).

Even at the most basic level, Quantum Brainwaves aren't even pilot hax. So far, it's done little but serve as a monkey on Allelujah's back, whereas the Newtype plot device tended to be invoked to get the main character out of trouble.

So, really, aside from the mental flashes and one-time invocation of "pressure," there's no similarity at all. So far, it's almost been an inconsequential detail (aside from the aforementioned Allelujah handicap).
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Aegis

Neo_Senku wrote: Lyle is in serious mode and seems to be doing as good as he did in the previous episode, makes me rethink my stance on him not being good at sniping, since he is a spy, maybe he is just making sure that he was playing his part 24/7 so he wouldn't be found out, though that matters not now, or he has been hitting the Sim and has improved. Dude is a mystery, its great.
He wasn't quite as sharp as Neil was, but that didn't mean he wasn't good at it. :P There's been no reason to think otherwise, especially with the simulation scene given the number of targets he managed to snipe down. It's certainly a much higher count than Setsuna's ability to aim in the past. :P
How the Arche Gundam didn't detect a transport, yet the Zwei picked up a life sign is beyond my understanding.
The very fact that Ali turned around and 'answered' Setsuna's thoughts while turning to face the transport means he's definitely detected them. :P The real question is what the heck happened there? We get this big cliffhanger here, and the episode simply skipped over it with Setsuna and Marina returning unscathed.

And I also asked what the big deal was with quantum brainwaves, since there wasn't really much of anything to be seen beyond the split personality and the super soldiers being able to sense each other. All I can say now is that quantum brainwaves serves some sort of 'plot h4x', but has really been downplayed in terms of 'pilot h4x'. Which is a good thing.
Red XIV

Aegis wrote:The very fact that Ali turned around and 'answered' Setsuna's thoughts while turning to face the transport means he's definitely detected them. :P The real question is what the heck happened there? We get this big cliffhanger here, and the episode simply skipped over it with Setsuna and Marina returning unscathed.
Ali is a hired gun. Thus, his letting the shuttle get away is probably because that fits into what he was hired to do. Possibly it's just a matter of leaving some witnesses alive so that it would be reported that a Gundam was responsible to the destruction. Since the public associates all Gundams with Celestial Being, that helps to provide a justification for the A-Laws' actions. Or, if Ali realized it was a CB shuttle, he would know the only reason for it to be there would be to return Marina to her country. Anything else CB might be doing in Azadistan would involve Gundams, not a shuttle, after all. Since Ribbons seems to want Marina alive for the time being, and he's the one signing Ali's paycheck...
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Symbolhime

"You have Control desu!"

What an interesting episode.

I'm really interested in what happens between Soma and Haptism.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
SNT1

Whatever the equivalent of a double-look is for hearing, that's what I experienced when I heard "You have control desu? I have control!" exchange.

Then moments later his brand new gundam gets stabbed in the chest... not full "control" there?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Poochi

Heh, from the previews I see we'll have the staple two-enemy-pilots-stranded-on-a-deserted-island-where-they-form-a-relationship episode. :)

And OMG that bastard slapped Sergei! He deserves to be shot in the head with a beam rifle while falling out of an airplane :evil:
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Dean_the_Young

Poochi wrote:Heh, from the previews I see we'll have the staple two-enemy-pilots-stranded-on-a-deserted-island-where-they-form-a-relationship episode. :)
Hopefully they will continue the trend of bucking the Seed-verse cliches.

Like not turning it into a blatant fanservice episode. Please.

And OMG that bastard slapped Sergei! He deserves to be shot in the head with a beam rifle while falling out of an airplane :evil:
Even better.

No one should ever forgive that tragedy.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
reeoyuy

I think the question is not why Sumeragi is an AEU officer not Union, but instead why Billy and Prof.Eifman knew about the incident? That incident should've been AEU secret, so maybe it's Billy and Eifman that was in AEU, not Sumeragi who defects(?) to Union.
Or maybe, the accident happened during joint operation between Union & AEU?
Or, AEU and Union has closer relationship than today US-EU?
When Billy and Eifman talked about 'Kujou', Graham seems to know about 'that incident', and we all know that Graham is pure Union :D
Red XIV

Poochi wrote:Heh, from the previews I see we'll have the staple two-enemy-pilots-stranded-on-a-deserted-island-where-they-form-a-relationship episode. :)
Given that the enemy pilots in question already have an established history in this case, rather than being a pair of strangers arbitrarily paired up through an accidental meeting...
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Dean_the_Young wrote:
Hopefully they will continue the trend of bucking the Seed-verse cliches.

Like not turning it into a blatant fanservice episode. Please.
Maybe no fanservice, but one of them will be likely to be tied up (it's getting dark, and one of them will need to be tied down... 8)) Though it'd be funnier if it also rained that evening, then the fans will be shouting for it.
Dean_the_Young wrote:
Poochi wrote: And OMG that bastard slapped Sergei! He deserves to be shot in the head with a beam rifle while falling out of an airplane :evil:
If Sergei did have a bit of mischeviousness, then I'd would've expected this, or in another instance, this.
The source of my Gundam 00 information and ideas? Here.
My Innovator names: Eternal Eternity, Stupid Vexation, and Pilot Rival.
Oruma

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote:If Sergei did have a bit of mischeviousness, then I'd would've expected this, or in another instance, this.
Love the first pic :lol: but can't see the second :roll:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."