Episode 18 - Ayers City Stop-over [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Psyden

Alexandria-class Kirov
Sick Bay

Grace stops in the doorway to sickbay in time to see Samantha bolt upright. Poor girl must have fallen asleep at his bedside.

That’s ok… I’ve been caught doing that, too. It seems Delta Team really cares about each other.

She knew what that was like, back on the San-D.

But Stukov… He only cares about killing. To him, I am merely a cog in a killing machine. Of course, the Titans spent good money training to be a cog, and it’s something that I can do, and if I don’t… well, I don’t think Stukov is one to suffer fools or incompetents lightly, so I better make sure I don’t become either.

But still… wouldn’t it be nice if…

Without another glance, Grace walks down the hallway. She just remembered some stuff she needed to take care of before she went into Ayres. She can always check in on how Lt. Lesalle was doing on her way off the ship.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Gambit01

Nick waved off Ritter with contempt, then internally smiled. Oh, this was going to be great!

"Yes yes; Stukov and I were doing our jobs, meanwhile you were playing glory-hog with that Dias and probably let some of the enemy slip thro..."

Nick stopped himself, completely, 100%...confused. Right now, he should be feeling great, feeling on top with a few well-placed jabs. He even made a not-so-subtle insinuation that Wolf was partly responsible for his own father's death, so how could Nick feel....ashamed?

Perhaps the spectre of a pink-haired angel was to blame.

"Sorry, Ritter," Nick said with sincerity and no little shame, "I went too far. How are you holding up?"

That last bit was torn from him by his angel, the snake inside hissing and screeching in protest.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
The Loser Villain

In war, casualties are measured in the amount of dead and wound. What never makes the casualty reports are those that suffer mental anguish, those that are never the same after seeing a comrade die for the first time. However, they often become one of the statistical casualties.

Ayers City:

Being a recently assigned member to Task Force Echo, Ensign Aaron Faraday wasn’t going to be granted an extended leave. Not that it would do him much good. For the better part of the trip to Ayers City, he had run multiple simulations of the battle the Buxoro team had been involved in near Side 2. The results were worse then that of the actual battle, with the entire team being taken out every time. The knowledge that Picard, Elijah and himself had actually escaped with their lives didn’t help with Aaron’s train of though. All he could think about was that Warren had been killed and he wasn’t able to do a thing to prevent it. The Rick Dias that wounded Elijah and killed Warren began to haunt him in the simulators and his dreams. The tech teams soon took note of his poor performance and were close to writing him off.

It didn’t help matters that Picard had given him the duty of cleaning out Warren’s room so that it would be ready for the replacement pilot. Even worse was that he wasn’t even given the orders in person, a box was left in front of his quarters with a note on it from Picard that read:

"Rookie

Clean out this room!

- M-Hover"

Now that Task Force Echo had arrived at Ayers City, he and most of the Buxoro crew was given a few days of leave before having to get on with whatever work needed to be done.

Before heading into the city, Aaron looked at the Buxoro through a window that over looked the port it was moored in. While doing so he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the window. He looked a shade lighter and his eyes had notable circles around them. His hair was a mess and he had three days of stubble on his face. Despite his physical state he still managed to keep his uniform pressed with the proper cresses.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
wonton bob

-Earth-
-Logan County,West Virginia-
-Cementary-

Jason stands over a tombstone that had tumbled long ago. The fallen leaves cover most of the cementary, which lies on the outskirts of town. The tombstone only reads "Peter Drossel"

Jason takes a swig from a bottle. He smiles as he looks down and places on foot on the stone.

"So. Been awhile." Jason smirks as he takes another quick drink. "Not even sure why I'm here. All I have are questions about what's going on.."

Jason's smile fades as he looks away.

"You're as useful now as you we're back then" Jason finishes the drink and drops the empty bottle.

"Well old man, time to see if this town changed any and check out that classic vechicle in storage you cared so much about. Sure, somedays there wasn't food to eat but as long as you looked good then it was o.k....dick."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Montague

Ayers City:

It was a calm sober ride aboard the Buxoro as the Titan Autonomous Raider Taskforce Echo drifted through the black clouds of space to the temporary safe hold that was Luna's Ayers City. The Battle of Hatte near Side 2 ended in a sour stalemate as both the Titans and the AEUG ended with causalities. During said conflict Buxoro team lost a pilot as Ensign Warren DeRossi was killed-in-action by an enemy Rick Dias. Elijah's own Hizack was thoroughly trashed by said Rick Dias and for the remainder of Buxoro's trip the Lieutenant spent most his time in the hangar assisting the mechanics in repairing the mangled mobile suit.

Throughout this time Elijah also took note of the activities of Buxoro's remaining Ensign, Aaron Faraday. The Ensign spent his time with the simulator, an excellent tool for any upstart pilot. Having access to his records as any XO should, the Lieutenant took note of his declining performance. The kid was hurting, it was clear as day. In all honesty Elijah was inexperienced towards a situation such as this and even after having confronted M-Hover, who seemed to be in his own realm of thought, found no way to approach the matter.

It was a cool simulated October in Ayers City as Elijah Robin walked through the port. His uniform was, fitted properly, was kept unbuttoned in a comfortable manner as a pair of avatars adored his face. Rounding a corner of the station the Lieutenant came across Faraday looking himself over in the reflection of the window.

His cleanly pressed uniform hardly veiled the state of disarray the Ensign was in as most likely stared at his own deterioration. It was time for Elijah to intervene. He approached the Ensign casually speaking early to announce his presence, “About time we properly stretch our legs.” The Lieutenant continued, hardly allowing Aaron to respond. “How do you plan to spend your little time in the city, Faraday?”
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
wonton bob

-Earth-
-Fred's Slop-

Jason enters the crowded diner amist a sea of cold stares。 The diner is the first establishment entering town。 As he sits at the counter, both patrons on either side of him remove themsevles from the area。

Jason looks at the cook。 ”Apparently the uniform of the Earth's elite isn't appreciated around here。“

A man wearing a federation uniform in the back stands。 ”If you mean elite at killing civilians then the honors all yours。 Now, unless you want a room full of trouble I suggest you leave。“

Jason's teeth clentched in anger but after taking a look around it would be a wise choice to leave。

~few minutes later~
-Street-

Jason walks down the street fuming at the way that lowly ensign talked down to him。

and to think half those people used to join me bashing spacenoids. I'd otta go back and stand my ground..

As Jason kept walking he noticed a small group following him since the diner. He quickly eyed his surroundings and sped up his walking.
The Loser Villain

Ayers City:

Elijah’s words startled Aaron out of his internal ruminations and caused him to noticeably jump. He looked at Elijah for a moment before responding. “Uh, well,” he then realized he actually had no plans at all and would have probably wandered the city for a while. “No…, I mean I have no plans.”

He couldn’t help but feel like a stammering fool, “Maybe I’ll go get loaded and take a stroll on Luna without a normal suit,” he thought out loud.

“What are your plans,” he asked, “Sir?”

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Montague

The thought of drink sparked a flame within Elijah as he looked to the Ensign. "Well, we haven't a moment to lose if its drinking we are after." As the Lieutenant hurriedly spoke he passed Faraday and continued toward city. "I'm sure there will be no problem finding a Titans friendly bar close so close to port."

The pair exited the port and were greeted by the friendly artificial light that shone upon Ayers City. The place was a slum, as was most of the territories these days. "Such prolonged wars have eroded away this universe and its people." Elijah said this in a bleek manner as they traversed the city. Finally his eye caught hold of a neon mug crowning a door just ahead of them. His manner changed to that of a more cheerful one as he spoke, "Time to wash such thoughts away."

Taking hold of the handle to the pub he allowed Faraday entrance first before following behind. Upon entering he removed his avatars and took a seat at the bar with the Ensign. The bar, "The Fatbich" was almost cliche in its appearance. The oddest pairs were scattered about the room, a few shifting uneasy glances toward the uniformed men just taking hold of their mugs. As Elijah lifted the mug toward his lips he asked the Ensign, "So tell me, how do you feel of the team's current status? Word has yet to come of DeRossi's replacement, perhaps they will be sending us off a man short."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
wonton bob

-Earth-
-Alley-

With his heartbeat racing, Jason quickly stumbles into the alley holding his left forearm. Running deeper in the alley Jason dives into some garbage and ignores the rancid stink as his wild eyes focus down the alley. Jason grabs a metalic bar lying on the ground and prepares for the fight of his life. Something he would never even think about doing while on Earth.

Several figures run past the alley and continue down the street which causes Jason to relax some. As he stands, blood drips down Jason's left hand from a deep gash in his forearm. He drops the bar and makes his way deeper in the alley, now desparate to escape a place he once knew as home.
The Loser Villain

Before Aaron could even get a word in Elijah had moved off into the city in search of a bar. He couldn’t help but feel compelled to follow the man. Perhaps he felt that maybe the Lieutenant would be of some help with how he was feeling following the battle.

As they walked through the city he listened to what Elijah had to say about Ayers City, and couldn’t help but notice how right the man was. The city looked horrible, and the artificial lights didn’t help matters since Aaron’s eyes weren’t used to them. He was actually happy to enter the dive that Elijah had picked, if only because it would prevent the assault the lights were on his eyes.

‘What a name’ he thought, ‘wonder who it’s in dedication to?’

Sitting at the bar he noticed the brand on tap that was now being poured into their mugs, “Armstrong Ale” the label read. It was a beer brewed in Von Braun. Taking a sip he quickly took note of its bitter taste, but not so bitter that it was undrinkable. Of course, he almost choked on it as Elijah asked him about the team.

Putting the mug down, spilling a little of it on the counter, he looked as if he were in physical pain. “Sir, I can’t help but feel as though the team would be better off without me at the moment,” he said in a strained voice, “It’s my fault that DeRossi, Warren is dead. If only I’d helped you with that Rick Dias…”

He clenched his fists and could feel the scar on his hand throb. Some of the patrons were now looking at him, not sure what he had said, but more about his body language. Just then a current pop song came on over the juke box and a few people complained about whoever it was that played it.

Montague

The Lieutenant resisted the quirk of the brow, caught off guard by Faraday's forwardness toward his issue. Elijah took a few more sips of Armstrong Ale as it helped relax his tongue. Such was necessary for what he had to say could possibly be rather unpleasant.

Setting his mug atop its coaster at the bar, the Lieutenant turned toward the Ensign posing a difficult question, "Aaron, when you chose to attack the disabled Nemo, did you make that decision before or after I commanded you to assist me with the Rick Dias?" He too had to be forward, it pained him to have to go to such great lengths but Elijah felt it necessary for Faraday. Felt it necessary for Buxoro.
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
wonton bob

-Diddle Diddle Shuttle-
-Destination Ayers City-

Jason looks out a window into deep space. As the Earth shrinks an agitated Jason folds his arms, with the left bandaged arm on top.

and to think I would of defended that dump like a fanatic. Has the Earth really turned? Either way they can't be trusted just like the damn colonies. It's up to us (Titans) now...it wouldn't hurt to plan for my retirement either.

As the In-flight movie starts, a stewardess stops by and hands Jason his drink. " Your Appletini sir." Jason quickly grabs the drink before she repeats herself and sits back and listens quietly to the opening score from the latest Rambo remake.

~hours later

-Ayers City-

Waiting in line for customs, Jason wonders if his team is prepared for the final showdown that he feels is coming. He dreads talking to Nick but that is a must do on his list. It time to finally get a read on this guy and see if he shares the same ideas. It's probably the only way if they all want to survive this war and be able to join the next. Jason smiles at the idea of being a hired gun. With nothing left to defend it seems like a good career choice if you like war.

-Ayers City-
-The Fatbich-

On his way back toward the port this little odd bar caught Jason's eyes. If he was going talk to Nick then he would need some bottled courage. No telling how the lunatic was gonna react. Ordering the cabbie to stop, Jason grabs his duffel bag and throws currency at the cabbie's face. Since visiting Earth Jason's opinion of civilians has changed to a more hostile view.

With his uniform's left sleeve rolled up and a duffel in the other arm, he is reminded of what happened on Earth only days before. Jason's bandaged arm momentarily stops as he reaches for the bar's door. Opening the door he ignores the alarmed glances that shift his way. Deciding to put this to rest he makes his statement clear.

"Yeah. I'm a Titan. So what it IT."

Choosing a corner seat, he waves over a bar wench. Tossing his gear under the table, Jason takes a seat and stares at the empty seat infront of him.
The Loser Villain

The question stopped his train of thought and forced him to think back to that moment as clear as he could. It may have been hard to forget the battle, but it was parts of it that seemed hazy after a few days.

“I had engaged the Nemo, and was about to break off and assist you…” and then he remembered what had prevented him, “And then another team of Nemo’s arrived. At that point Lieutenant Picard and Warren were righting the Rick Dias. I then radioed Lieutenant Picard that I was going to intercept the second Nemo team to keep them from over running us.” He had completely forgotten that. All that had weighted on his mind was that Warren had been killed and it prevented him from recalling all of the facts.

Montague

At the Ensign's last remarks Elijah rose a hand as if to catch those last words. "Exactly, a whole 'nother situation presented itself." He returned to his drink as he took another sip between exclamations. The Ensign had basically spoken his own remedy just then.

"There was no way we could have planned for such a thing. To be honest we were fortunate DeRossi was our only loss. Picard was in his own world and that Rick Dias made quick work of my own suit." Having said that he gave Faraday a slap on the back, "Look, the point is that yes DeRossi is gone. But his loss was out of our control. You could say we gave up that control when we signed up for these damn jobs."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
Fritz Ashlyn

~ October 24, UC 0087 ~
- Luna -
- Ayers City -

- Harbor -

The door of the passenger shuttle slid open, letting in a gust of uniquely lunarian air as the sole occupant stepped out of the rear compartment. A city representative working at the dock eagerly stepped towards the tall man clad in Titans blue and extended his hand.

“Welcome to Ayers Ci--”

“Hn,” the officer interrupted with a single dismissive syllable. He sounded thoroughly unimpressed with his surroundings. He scanned the ships sitting in the docks until his gaze found the Kirov. “Tell Mayor Pinefield I won’t be in town for long,” he said, finally looking the flustered envoy in the eye, “I’m just here to deliver orders…”. The representative bowed appropriately as the officer strolled past him in the direction of the dry-docked Alexandria-class and then made his was to one of the nearby courtesy phones. After punching in a number code, he waited until the connection was established and then said, “Sir, Capt. Friday has arrived… No, he’s here on business. Says he has orders for that raider taskforce.”

- The Kirov -
- Corridor -

Wolf didn’t externally react as he watched schadenfreude wash over Te’litha’s face. "Yes yes; Stukov and I were doing our jobs, meanwhile you were playing glory-hog with that Dias and probably let some of the enemy slip thro..." he began in an expected gloating tone before he stopped… and seemed to actually have some sort of internal conflict. Wolf knew Nick didn’t have a conscience, so what was this flash of doubt? "Sorry, Ritter, I went too far. How are you holding up?". Wolf barely caught himself in time to prevent a genuine look of surprise. “I’m fine, all things considered. Things haven’t been easy on my family lately…” he responded. This may have been the first normal conversation between the two men. Regardless, Wolf knew better than to let his guard down.

Down the hallway, Lt. Tariq Sayed inconspicuously watched their conversation from a doorway. He was not the kind of man that would allow petty delays to make him grow impatient during an investigation. He had a quickly growing file of information on several pilots assigned to the Kirov, and he had spent most of the day following around Nick Te’litha as part of his investigation into Commodore Ritter’s unexpected death.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Gambit01

“I’m fine, all things considered. Things haven’t been easy on my family lately…”

Nick internally gagged at himself for having a conversation with a child-killer, but he was the one who started it, and he'd be damned if he wouldn't finish it.

"Still no word about Alexandra, huh?"

THAT part did have some genuine concern; in spite of himself, Nick had grown a little fond of Wolf's fiance'; in a master-puppet sort of way. Still, she was stolen before his plans through her could come to fruition, but in the end she still served her purpose; she made Wolf uneasy.

"Wish I could tell you that she'd be the same when you saw her next, but..."

Nick shrugged his shoulders; he knew all too well what happens when the Titans get their claws on something they could view as a 'science-project'.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
The Loser Villain

-Ayers City-
-The Fatbich-

Aaron couldn't have agreed more with Elijah, they were in a profession that wasn't exactly secure at the moment.

After taking a long swig of his Armstrong Ale he was going to thank Elijah for the talk, since it had helped clear his mind, but a loud voice boomed out that they were a Titan. And judging by the way it was said, the man it belonged to didn't like the looks he was getting from the bar patrons. Aaron had never seen the man before, but he figured he was simply from another ship in Echo.

Watching the other Titan sit down, he turned to Elijah and said "Hmmm, wonder what's up with him?"

Fritz Ashlyn

- Luna -
- Ayers City -

- The Kirov -
- Captain’s Quarters -

Trent had just set aside another stack of completed field reports when a sharp knock called his attention to the door of his room. He set his pen down, ready to welcome any break from tedious paperwork, and said only “Enter,” as he leaned back in his chair. A gaunt officer he didn’t recognize stepped through the doorway and offered what barely passed as a salute. Trent’s brows furrowed at the man’s lack of respect and urgency, but he rose from his seat when he noticed the captain’s rank tabs on the other man’s jacket. “Welcome to the Kirov, Captain…?”

“Black Friday,” the officer responded as he offered his hand, his voice slick and controlled, “Lovely ship you have here, Capt. Trent,”. Trent shook Friday’s hand after a moment of hesitation and then offered him a seat. The lanky officer sat down without removing his overcoat, and a short silence fell over the room after Trent returned to his seat. Friday’s slight smirk indicated he wasn’t inclined to continue speaking until Trent said something, so the Kirov’s captain leaned forward impatiently and asked, “What can I do for you, Capt. Friday?”.

Black’s smirk widened into a more obvious smug smile, and he folded his hands in his lap. “I’m here to deliver your new orders, Capt. Trent. I’ve got them right here,” he said, patting his jacket pocket. Without waiting for Trent to ask, he continued, “Normally sending a captain on a delivery boy’s job would be overkill, but I have my reasons for coming,”. Trent nodded in agreement. Something about this captain’s demeanor and attitude made Trent like him less and less the longer he was in his presence, and yet at the same time he felt a sort of captivation. He shook his head and realized he had a headache coming on. Something buzzed at the edge of his perception. Friday reached into his jacket and produced a sealed envelope.

“I’m an… associate of Paptimus Scirocco.”

- Corridor -

"Still no word about Alexandra, huh?”

Wolf’s gaze shot back up to Nick’s face. How dare he speak of her so freely? "Wish I could tell you that she'd be the same when you saw her next, but…” Nick continued, and Wolf bristled. He had reacted to the mention of her name as if she were dead… And yet, once Bask Om made someone ‘go away’ they rarely came back the same. The pretense they had used to take her from him made her potential exploitation worse in his mind. Wolf moved past Nick and continued down the hallway, his gaze locked on the deck beneath him. “I wish…” he muttered, echoing Nick’s sentiment, even if Te’Litha’s had been obviously false.

~ 20 Minutes Later
- The Fatbich -

An MP, one of the security crew attached to the Kirov, entered the bar with a couple of his Federal counterparts close behind. “Attention!” he announced, raising his voice above the bar noise, “Anyone serving with Taskforce Echo is to return to their ship within 2 hours. All leave is canceled,”. A couple of buzzed Federation soldiers lounging near the door responded with a chorus of boos, even though they had nothing to do with the orders. The MP rolled his eyes at the laughter it elicited from the other patrons and continued, “If anyone here is with Echo and needs a ride back to the docks, then come with us now.”
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
wonton bob

- The Fatbich -

As Jason finishes off his first drink, he scans the room expecting to see the russian bear. Stukov does seem to frequent every bar while on leave but instead he spots two Titans having a drink. The two seem rather intimate so Jason decides not to look their way. Before he can order a second drink, a loud announcement is made by the front door.

“Attention! Anyone serving with Taskforce Echo is to return to their ship within 2 hours. All leave is canceled, If anyone here is with Echo and needs a ride back to the docks, then come with us now.”

Disappointed but alittle buzzed, Jason grabs his duffel and walks toward the MPs. It appears that fate has sealed his doom.

Seems like I get to face Nick half sober...pity.

"I call shotgun." Jason quips to the MP as he walks out the door.
Fritz Ashlyn

[OOC: If anyone wants to finish business back at Ayers, then go ahead. Just make it clear in your post when it is happening.]]

~December 5, U.C. 0087~
~19:00 C.U.T.~

- The Gate of Zedan -
- Dock 10 -

- The Kirov -
- Hangar Cargo Area -

Two neat rows of canisters, each clearly marked ‘hazardous’ but otherwise vaguely identified, were being loaded into the Kirov’s cargo area for delivery to another raider fleet waiting at the edge of Hatte. Andrewson Trent stood on a catwalk overlooking the operation, Tariq Sayed at his side. “I do not like this,” the intelligence officer muttered, his eyes darting behind dark lenses to the last container as it was slowly moved into place, “I do not trust Black Friday or Paptimus Scirocco,”. Trent responded with a short nod and a frown. “I’m surprised you’re so willing to say something like that out loud, Lt. Sayed,” he added with a weak smile. Tariq adjusted his sunglasses and said back matter-of-factly, “I am not usually one to say such a thing… But I could always kill you,”. The captain smiled at Sayed’s dark humor, and because he knew it was more than likely the truth.

Trent gave a small sigh and clasped his hands behind his back as he watched the loading crew leave the Kirov’s cargo bay. As they crossed back to the asteroid base’s dock, he began to wonder if the Titans high command was more concerned about playing its own forces against one another than fighting the AEUG. Taskforce Echo had been called away from Ayers City - apparently at the request of Paptimus Scirocco through his toady Black Friday - to resume autonomous operations out of the Gate of Zedan. Why, however, was not clear. While they were still classified as an autonomous taskforce, Trent had been issued two sets of orders to be carried out on the 6th of November at Hatte. The first involved a new piece of equipment that been installed on the Kirov’s long-range communications laser. The second was the delivery of the materials that had just been loaded onto the ship. Both were signed by Bask Om.

Tariq cleared his throat and brought Trent’s attention back to the present. “I finished ‘researching’ the replacement pilots with which we were provided, captain. I did not find anything troubling,” he reported. Trent nodded and turned away from the catwalk railing as the hangar door began to close. “Good. We’ll be leaving Zedan at 2200.”
Last edited by Fritz Ashlyn on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots