Ep. 003 - 00 Eps. 2-4, Novels, The Future of Mecha Anime

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 003 - 00 Eps. 2-4, Novels, The Future of Mecha Anime

Welcome to the feedback thread for Episode Three of Gundamn! @ MAHQ.

Topics covered in this episode were:
- Review of Episodes 02-04 of "Mobile Suit Gundam 00"
- Mecha-in-Print: Manga & Novelizations of Mecha Series.
- The Future of Mecha Anime

Feel free to post comments, constructive criticisms, and replies to whatever was discussed in this episode. We plan to revisit many topics discussed on this program, and input on previous discussions may make it on the show when topics rebound, or in related topics in future episodes!

If you'd like to send in a recorded opinion up to 2 minutes long, simply e-mail it to [email protected]! Here are the guidelines for your submissions:

- The recording can be no more than 120 seconds.
- Must be in MP3 format and encoded in a Constant Bit Rate (CBR) of 128 kbps.
- The submission can either be a response to an issue spoken on a previous show, an opinion on a topic that will be featured in an upcoming episode, and idea for a future topic, or anything mecha related.

We look forward to hearing what you all have to say, and hope that it will make the next episode of Gundamn better than the last!

Fire at will!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
~SEED~

You might want to sort out your mics because the volume goes louder and higher
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
manmiles

I agree. I find a problem with the sound mix and that the BGM sometimes drowns out the speaking.

Good episode though, shame you missed out on Crossbone Gundam.
Phantomexe87

Listened to a bit of it, gotta say, not so big on the background music, as it makes discerning what you are saying very difficult, and it often just makes it hard to pay attention. I suggest doing away with it, during the actual segments.
Soul Bro Ryu

With the next episode I'll do my best to level out the BGM so that dosen't happen. However, since I'd like to think of this as a show of the people, I'll post a poll on the next thread for episode 4 which will ask to do away with the BGM all together, based on the opinion of how episode 4 sounds.

Honestly, I wanted to have this podcast differ from others, and I thought that the BGM would have helped to make the show a unique experience. There's no ill will if I have to do away with it, but I thought it gave the show atmosphere, like background music does in series. Some others do like it, but in the end I'll go with whatever the majority decides.

Oh well. at least I have "Flip the Script!"...
Soul Bro Ryu
Kavik Ryx

Just watched episode three. About what would be nice in mech anime in the future, three things came to mind.
1. The main character actually dying. Not just dying, but before the actual climax of the series so maybe like half way through or five to ten episodes till the finale.
2. If the pilot is accidental, it would seem more likely if they got their hands on a weaker unit first and is then assigned their title suit, kinda like in F91.
3. I'm sorta seeing this in 00, but it would be nice for the characters to look into history and biography in order to fight the war. Understanding the background and motivations behind conflict as to find a reasonable path to victory that is not one huge spam fest.
Well that's just my two well three sense on the topic.
Arbiter GUNDAM

In the last segment of this episode, the music playing in the background sounds like a John Williams version of the Gundam Wing soundtrack. Where did that come from?

Also I loved that bit with the funky Transformers song! :lol:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Soul Bro Ryu

The music in that episode is featured on the 20th anniversary of Gundam Symphonic Soundtrack. It was either done by the Tokyo Philharmonic or the Warsaw Philharmonic, but it is a great album with tracks from everyGundamn series that had come out by that time.

I wish I could take credit for any of the TF remixes, but they are all done by the talented Tony Bacala. He does great work ^_^

Thanks for the kind words on "The God of War" (the 08th MS Team remix in Ep. 2), though. That track was a lot of fun to make. When you get to episode 6, you'll find "Gihren's Ambition" the one song that I think is my best so far. I hope you dig it too.

Thanks for listening & the feedback! I hope you find the other episodes enjoyable as well :)
Soul Bro Ryu
xgundamdoodx

Gundam book

Just wanted to know if the one year war novel is on sale in the U.S. like in borders or something.. THanks!
CanadaMan

Re: Gundam book

xgundamdoodx wrote:Just wanted to know if the one year war novel is on sale in the U.S. like in borders or something.. THanks!
Amazon.com is your friend. I just ordered a copy from Amazon.ca (go Canada!)
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
xgundamdoodx

Re: Gundam book

CanadaMan wrote:
xgundamdoodx wrote:
Amazon.com is your friend. I just ordered a copy from Amazon.ca (go Canada!)
Thanks ill have to look into that!