The Official Code Geass Anime Thread Mk 5

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

The Official Code Geass Anime Thread Mk 5

New thread.
UrbanSniper wrote:Yeah, I haven't seen the episode yet, but from what I've heard...well, it's going to be interesting. I'll go ahead and say that I greatly dislike the fact that Suzaku and Lelouch are together. I'm sorry, my hatred for Suzaku just cannot be downed so easily.

As for CC's prison suit...can't say I'm complaining; that was my favorite outfit for her, lol. I'd say that she might be feeling trapped again now that Lelouch seems to be on the same path that Charles was on (double-eyed geass and all), and may be thinking that her wish might not be granted. Still, you'd think being in the heart of Britannia, even for a little while, would allow her to find something else to wear.
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Teki

I can't help but wonder if the way things turned out is not all do to the time-slot switch problem and all. Mean granted I'm not calling what happened that bad, but doesn't feel like consistent as was rushed so makes me wonder if the way things are happening are not revisions to the original intentions we know we aren't seeing 100% of.
Chris
Administrator

Teki wrote:I can't help but wonder if the way things turned out is not all do to the time-slot switch problem and all. Mean granted I'm not calling what happened that bad, but doesn't feel like consistent as was rushed so makes me wonder if the way things are happening are not revisions to the original intentions we know we aren't seeing 100% of.
I really think people need to let this go and stop bringing it up. If it affected Taniguchi's plans, it was probably limited to the first few episodes. There's no reason to believe that by this point the show hasn't gotten to where he generally wanted it to be. He's had enough time to steer the story in whatever direction he wants, and I'm frankly tired of every week people everywhere asking after each episode if this is how things were supposed to go.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
wielder

Chris wrote:
Teki wrote:I can't help but wonder if the way things turned out is not all do to the time-slot switch problem and all. Mean granted I'm not calling what happened that bad, but doesn't feel like consistent as was rushed so makes me wonder if the way things are happening are not revisions to the original intentions we know we aren't seeing 100% of.
I really think people need to let this go and stop bringing it up. If it affected Taniguchi's plans, it was probably limited to the first few episodes. There's no reason to believe that by this point the show hasn't gotten to where he generally wanted it to be. He's had enough time to steer the story in whatever direction he wants, and I'm frankly tired of every week people everywhere asking after each episode if this is how things were supposed to go.
I think you're mostly right on about that Chris, but it's likely that there would have been more episodes available to build-up on this direction more smoothly and convincingly, without that change.

In any case, it shouldn't be mentioned every single time something comes up, that gets tiring.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Imperial

I can't say I'm pleased with the revelations the rivals are working together. I thought they would remain bitter enemies until the very end.

For them to have been built up as polar opposites throughout the entire series only to join forces like this, well, it strikes me as woefully anticlimactic.
This space for rent
wielder

Imperial wrote:I can't say I'm pleased with the revelations the rivals are working together. I thought they would remain bitter enemies until the very end.

For them to have been built up as polar opposites throughout the entire series only to join forces like this, well, it strikes me as woefully anticlimactic.
Well, what I mentioned above still standing...Suzaku had just come around to Lelouch's way of thinking, preferring results over methods, which kind of eases that transition in since they were no longer "polar opposites" after the nuke. And Suzaku still wants to kill Lelouch when all is said and done, apparently.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
kireth

lelouch: ok let me put it in a way you can understand (geass) ACKNOWLEDGE ME
lol, i cant believe they actually made a knight of zero i mean we joked about it but i dont think anyone actually expected them to do it and for it not be kallen too then again maybe she will become the empress
Darksider

well, it seems as though this ep gives confirmation that nunnaly is dead, what with everyone referring to her in past tense.
World's End Mecha

I can't understand what's driving Lelouch and Suzaku anymore. It seems that all their ideals and goals have been obliterated. I get the feeling that the only fate for either of them is an early death, especially now that they've reached the top.
kireth

so i wonder r those weird robed guys in the preview lelouchs new cult or maybe a royal guard (the new zero unit) also i cant wait to see the relationship guide on the official website when it get updated, its going to look completely different
Chris
Administrator

Darksider wrote:well, it seems as though this ep gives confirmation that nunnaly is dead, what with everyone referring to her in past tense.
Just because everyone is referring to her as dead doesn't mean she is. It really wouldn't surprise me if she appeared at the end of the series.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Commissar Bright Noa

It wasn't just the nuke that change Suzaku's opinion of Lulu, them talking to each other and Suzaku realizing that Lulu was taking the blame for things he didn't do (or at least didn't mean to).

And after today's episode (which was cool, screw the haters) I think Suzaku is better with Lulu, or at least its seemed that way since last episode. (I didn't watch the sneak peek)
Exia

I wonder how the Black Knights will react now that Lelouch is the Leader of their enemy since only a handful of their officers know the true identity of Zero. Or do you think they shared their knowledge with the rest of the command staff of the Black Knights and the UN?
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!
Areku

Exia wrote:I wonder how the Black Knights will react now that Lelouch is the Leader of their enemy since only a handful of their officers know the true identity of Zero. Or do you think they shared their knowledge with the rest of the command staff of the Black Knights and the UN?
From what we saw, they told Xing-ke that Zero had died. Presumably, they did this to keep the ideal of Zero alive, and not taint it with his true identity, so they likely held to this story publicly. Xing-ke seemed quite interested in seeing the body, so what happened after that is currently unknown.
Destiny_Gundam

Darksider wrote:well, it seems as though this ep gives confirmation that nunnaly is dead, what with everyone referring to her in past tense.
Keep in mind that I only have a slight understanding of Japanese, so I may be mistaken here.

I actually think this ep leans more towards Nunnally being alive. We have Marianne offering to let Suzaku talk to Euphie, yet when Lelouch goes on about Charles and Marianne not knowing the true meaning of Nunnally's smile (or something), the Imperials don't go "Well, let's ask her right now!" or something similar.
ShadowCell

"Damn," thought Lelouch as his Geass on the gods took effect. "Why didn't I think of this earlier?"
kireth

the thing about talking to euphie and nunnally was that they were going to merge the living world with the world of c so being dead and alive would be the same thing
also at the start of 21 ohgi says that he is in the middle of telling kaguya and xing-ke
Mark064

If you need confirmation the offical site lists her as dead. So unless they pull something out of nowhere for now for all intents and purposes she is dead.
Exia

From what we saw, they told Xing-ke that Zero had died. Presumably, they did this to keep the ideal of Zero alive, and not taint it with his true identity, so they likely held to this story publicly. Xing-ke seemed quite interested in seeing the body, so what happened after that is currently unknown.[/quote]
And if i trecall Xing-kes and Kaguyas reaction correctly they didn't believe this. Kaguya said "i can think of only one man to take up arms against the emperor". And Jeremiah could confirm that Zero is still alive since he know his identity. Perhaps the Black Knights will have a strong friction as suggested from the spoilers with one part supporting Schneizel and the other Lelouch.
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!
Destiny_Gundam

kireth wrote:the thing about talking to euphie and nunnally was that they were going to merge the living world with the world of c so being dead and alive would be the same thing
Remember how Charles said he was talking to Clovis? That's probably what they meant when they offered to let Suzaku talk to Euphie.
Mark064 wrote:If you need confirmation the offical site lists her as dead. So unless they pull something out of nowhere for now for all intents and purposes she is dead.
It also listed Marianne as being dead, and we all know how that turned out.

I'll still hold onto hope until the final episode so please stop trying to kill my dreams :cry: