The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 14

You know what time it is.
Teki wrote:
Areku wrote:Or maybe she'll be the Federation's Emma Sheen. Not all female pilots have to be even a little bit deranged, so let's wait until we see her in action before casting the crazy stones.

Edit: After all, 00 has done a pretty good job of derailing some of the more annoying Gundam tropes up til now.
wouldn't say it would happen at all. mean her whole entire family was destroyed by "CB" so yea she must have strong grudge... mean she went from prissy girly girl to pilot takes lot of motivation, probably least some of it revenge. I don't believe she will be psycho (least not yet) but join CB I wouldn't put money down even is the creators told me themselves
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

This "Louise is gonna be a psycho b****" generalizing is a bit tiresome. As has been said, woman in Gundam =/ psycho. There have been plenty of non-psycho women in Gundam. In addition to Shima and Katejina not being psycho pilots (at least not until the ned of the series for Katejina), Enil herself was never psycho, but just seriously fringed by Garroad refusal. And to throw another name onto the pile, Haman can't be labeled disturbed or psycho by any stretch of the imagination, and then there's Lou and El from ZZ. So let's just wait and see how Louise turns out before labeling things.

As for her skills, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be an ace at all. There's absolutely nothing to say she won't be, and if she really is piloting the red Jinx in the trailers, then she at least has considerable skill.

If they actually do go the psycho pilot route with Louise though, I'll be seriously disappointed to have a change of gender-pace in 00 (with Soma being the only named female pilot in all of 00 after all) only for them to minimize it by making her a rehash of Chara or Rosamia.
Areku

Shinji103 wrote:If they actually do go the psycho pilot route with Louise though, I'll be seriously disappointed to have a change of gender-pace in 00 (with Soma being the only named female pilot in all of 00 after all) only for them to minimize it by making her a rehash of Chara or Rosamia.
Don't forget Nena.
Kenji

Yup. It was such a little thing, but the fact that Setsuna didn't automatically go "A woman?!" (or, in his case, "A woman...?") the moment that Nena identified herself means a lot. The fact that Sergei was disturbed that Soma was so young instead of so female means something. This is the first Gundam series, to my knowledge (0080 doesn't count 'cuz Bernie never knew Chris was in the cockpit), that wasn't surprised that women can fight, pilot mobile suits, etc.

Besides, to write Louise off like that would be a complete waste of an established character.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Recon 5

I think Setsuna didn't even care. At that point in the series it was just "me and my Gundam" with him. He was probably preoccupied with his next intervention when she gave him that smooch.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
NIGHTSHADOW99

Who and what are the"ARROWS"?
I've told you......to treat them delicately, as if they were a virgin or a feather!
Indicible

An elite squadron in the UN militaries, dedicated to the eradication of opposing parties, with less than democratical means. More than a few have seen a parallel with the Titans.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Meteoid

So we've got the Feds in charge of everything, Arrows being the Federation's bulldog and Celestial Being returning with all kinds of awesomeness to cause merry havoc to the system. Sooooooooo where does Livonze and his Innovators fit in I wonder?
Deacon Blues

Courtesy of the stand-in for Gunota, Gundam|News
Some highlights of the Mission 2312 at the Chara Hobby. A new promotional video was apparently shown followed by some questions and what not being answered by those present there.

– Is Lockon alive? Unfortunately that Lockon died.
– Is Hallelujah alive? He is alive.
– What is Tieria’s true character? It will be revealed in the show.
– Why are Tieria and Regene similar? That’ll also be revealed in the show.
– Are the three Trinity siblings really siblings? If they’re called siblings, they’re siblings.
– Are the Haro’s siblings? Same response as before, but it’ll become more evident.
– Who pilots the 0 Gundam? That’s still a secret.
– The person saluting in the commercial is indeed Sergei’s son.

More Updates as they become available.

2nd Season Character Actor Announcements:

Masked Man: Yuuichi Nakamura
Innovators: Saiga Mitsuki, Okiayu Ryoutarou*

*Innovator Character Voices only. No characters were named.
Sume Gai

The person saluting in the commercial is indeed Sergei’s son.
OH SHI-

the wild bear had cubs
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Shinji103

Sume Gai wrote:
The person saluting in the commercial is indeed Sergei’s son.
OH SHI-

the wild bear had cubs
That's the first thing that popped up in my head too. :shock: This is gonna be crazy.

Funny that they didn't even show a glimpse that he actually has a family back in season 1 (Gundam shows are usuallt pretty good about that, at least if the family is actually plot/story relevant), but maybe they only just decided on this part when they were working on season 2. *shrug*

Although I'm kinda seeing a "put in the show to get killed and give his father grievance" death flag, but that's just a baseless guess at this point. (although not illogical, given how Gundam series-es tend to be like that.... ^^b )
J-Lead

Shinji103 wrote:
Funny that they didn't even show a glimpse that he actually has a family back in season 1 (Gundam shows are usuallt pretty good about that, at least if the family is actually plot/story relevant), but maybe they only just decided on this part when they were working on season 2. *shrug*
Nope, Andrei has been named and confirmed to be Sergei's son for awhile now thanks to the novels. There was even speculation that Allelujah was actually Andrei the whole time, but I don't remember how that all started. :?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Shinji103

J-Lead wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:
Nope, Andrei has been named and confirmed to be Sergei's son for awhile now thanks to the novels. There was even speculation that Allelujah was actually Andrei the whole time, but I don't remember how that all started. :?
Huh, i Don't remember that and I've watched this series over a lot of times. :? :?:
Destiny_Gundam

He said it was confirmed in the novels.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arsarcana

He said novels so rewatching the show wouldn't help. I haven't read them myself though IIRC there were some intriguing things about Setsuna's close encounter with the 0 Gundam mentioned in a teaser discussion.
Shinji103

Bleeeh, gogo reading forums while you're still half-asleep from just getting up from an afternoon nap. >.>

Anyways, I'm not big on info from sources other than the anime itself, even if it's official supplemental material. It just feels like the staff went "oh, we didn't think of this before/we couldn't think of something reasonable at the time, so let's make it official through some side-stuff," like how it felt that Astray was partially there just to cover up for GSEED to fill in plot holes and things they didn't cover in the TV series, like how Kira survived the Aegis' explosion. That and how they say in "official files" that Sergei is one of the two best pilots in 00 with Ali Al Sarches, when he kept getting his butt kicked by the Gundams and Graham actually stood on even footing even before he got his original Custom Flag.
Red XIV

On the other hand, stuff like that can help make the side-stories seem more relevant, showing that they do in fact have some impact on the "main" events of the timeline.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Dwin

The whole Allelujah=Sergie's son came from an episode where a HRL computer screen in the super human research laborotory showed a picture of both Allelujah and the bear.
Meteoid

Dwin wrote:The whole Allelujah=Sergie's son came from an episode where a HRL computer screen in the super human research laborotory showed a picture of both Allelujah and the bear.
Really? seems a bit flimsy to me. Then again if it was true it would explain Sergei's disdain of the super soldier project
Mythgarr

00 sure is getting "familiar" now:

Louise inherited her family role,
Someone in the family takes the code name Lockon
The Bear unleashed his cub,
and Nena is carrying her family name....

family subject matters.....
Visit The Dreams