The terminus b303's space ability

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Xanadu

The terminus b303's space ability

There have been scenes with the Terminus b303 devil fish fighting in space. Is this only able to be done by the devil fish there's been nothing mentioned about other lfo's being able to do this but I cant really see any reason why they couldn't.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Folken Fanel

Well, when you consider the fact that all LFOs depend on trapar waves for flight, and that there are no trapars in space...

The Devilfish is the exception to the rule, since in addition to its standard lifting gear, it is also equipped with rocket engines (hence the giant humpback). That is the reason why it can operate in space.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Xanadu

But all the LFO's have engines and since there's no gravity/whatever in space I dont see why the engine size would make a difference.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Folken Fanel

Eh, didn't mean engines. The Devilfish has rocket thrusters, not engines, and is (to my knowledge) the only LFO/KLF with them. My bad.
gaspmaster

i thought thats what nirvash had on the underside of its cockpit module though? or am i mistaken
Folken Fanel

Which Nirvash? The first two, as far as I can tell, both use trapars. Not sure about Spec 03 though...
Sume Gai

I watched the first episode again today and the Spec 1 had some kind of Rocket booster.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

yeah it uses them a few times to get in the air before getting on a trapar stream
DeltasTaii

Pretty much all LFOs have conventional thrusters-hell, the PS2 games initially center around ground boosting combat, with ref-boards only even really introduced on 505s and Mon-Soonos in the last levels of the first one. (whether that entirely jives with Nirvash's history in later TV episodes, I forget)

Thing is, most only have a couple pointing down from behind their cockpits, whereas Devilfish's thrust capabilities are somewhat more comprehensive.
prince_of_zeon

You would think that the LFO's would have an auxillary thrust system in case of some catastrophic malfunction with the ref board caused them to plummet 10,000 feet to the ground. The LFO's have to be pretty expensive, so you would want some sort of backup system. Those rockets are probably not enought to substitute for the ref board, but they are necessary.
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Typezero09

The Boosters, Double as the wheel for the rear Tires on an LFO and KLF, and yes, I guess they could be used in an emergency, to slow their desent, but from ten thousand feet, they would expend their fuel for the boosters, which are used to give you an extra burst of speed, but the LFO and KLF Refboards have a device inside which focuses the trapar and expells it out the back, except if you get a wave of trapar.

Anyway the B303 has the added Rocket Thrust and equipment for space flight, even though it's injuring the pilot.
RefBoarding, Like Surfing is a Mile High, High!