Difference between KLF and LFO'S

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Xanadu

Difference between KLF and LFO'S

Ok I had read somewhere that The difference between KLF and LFO were that LFO's used a series of levers to operate it while KLF'S use the same kind of system theEND uses except only their arms not their legs to. Somneone also said it was that KLF'S were milatary LFO's when all of the lfo's used were milatary they just rebeled or something.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Hyakushiki

The only real difference is that KLFs are LFOs used by the military. The control schemes differ because Terminus types are directly modeled after the Nirvash and require greater skill to pilot, KLFs use a simpler design to make them easier for novices to use.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
DeltasTaii

The Terminus series are in fact, KLFs. It's only ever directly mentioned that the 505 is, but the other units in the series are as well. It's just that since Gekko State isn't looked at as a military organization (and in the case of the 606, it doesn't normally carry the weaponry of one), the more general term is usually applied. The Nirvash predates the term KLF anyways.

LFO=Light Finding Operation (All, but those that only carry this designation include Wild Boar, Frestonia, TypeZERO, etc.)
KLF=Kraft Light Fighter, a military type LFO. (Cyclops, Terminus, Squad Bike, Mon Soono, TheEND, etc.)
prince_of_zeon

What I'm thinking is perhaps all KLF's are LFO's, but not all LFO's are KLF's (confused yet?). Maybe all of the mecha in E7 are LFO's but only the armed/armored ones are KLF's. Like today, there are planes, but then there are the fighters and bombers which are a specific subdivision of all ariplanes.

Unfortunately, this really doesn't apply to the Nirvash, but, then again, what does?
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
krullnar

Though whats the deal with the final form anyway?
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Xanadu

u mean nirvash spec 3? I think that's more of just the archytype(sp?) more then LFO/KLF
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
krullnar

I mean the level power is just a bit over the top.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Sume Gai

krullnar wrote:I mean the level power is just a bit over the top.
too bad the ascetics were so ugh.

as for whether it was a KLF or an LFO; I'd place it in neither. (perhaps under the label of Coralian?)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DeltasTaii

The spec3 is still an LFO, particularly considering it still functions like one. Sure, it's organically formed, but technically we can't consider it a Coralian. In fact, it never was explained just WTF archetypes were. Before a rather major plot twist, I figured they were probably the extinct previous dominant species of the planet, but we're just sort of left in the dark. They could be the direct precursors to Eureka (likely), or something else entirely. Why there's so many of them, and in such common forms that allow mass production of the same models, is hard to figure.
krullnar

There was a lot E7 didn't explain very well.
Typezero09

I'm sorry, But I couldn't help but laugh at the discussion,

LFO's, just from what can be seen of them, Whether civilian use or military use, they can be seen as Close Quarters Battle Mechs, where as KLFs are heavilly armored, like tanks, KLFs are not known for their agility,

As can be seen when the typezero, in episode two literally tore one in half and took out the rest in short order, and later took out three KLFs on the Bellforest tower, much to Eureka's great joy.

Now as to Terminus, the name is the name of the manufacturer of the LFO's,

Whereas: Kraft, the manufacturer, of the so called, Light fighter. I call them Klumsy light fighters.

As to the question, are all the mecha there LFO's, technically yes.

Just remember their roles are different.
RefBoarding, Like Surfing is a Mile High, High!