The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 13

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Rudy A Winchester

Recon 5 wrote:Wait, the aeug comments on Lockon state that he's piloting the Keldim but the Newtype excerpts say he's dead and not coming back... something interesting is definitely going on there.
Remember that Lockon is a codename. What is assumed is that Neil (the Lockon we knew from season one) is dead and not coming back, while he is replaced with Lyle, who takes on the codename of Lockon.
Montague

and (*unreadable portion*) This Lockon (*unreadable*) heads to the battlefield together with his partner Haro and, as a Gundam Meister, pilots the Keldim Gundam.
Although conveniently unreadable the key word "this" very well backs up the notion that Neil's twin will be stepping in to fill the role as well as take up the codename of his brother.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
VR7

Someone probably already brought this up, but whatever.
Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:Copypasta'd from another forum...

Brad Swaile as Stetsuna is an interesting choice.
How funny, Brad Swaile also voiced Light Yagami from Death Note, who was also voiced by Mamoru Miyano, who was also the Japanese VA for Setsuna.

I'm surprised that Brad Swaile can do a decent job voicing Setsuna, albeit boring. Not that I can complain, because Setsuna does seem boring to play at first glance. The last animes I remember his voice in was as Quatre and as Amuro Ray, which were rather whiny from what I remember.

Just for lulz, they should've gotten Richard Doyle to voice Aeolia Schenberg. Doyle voiced The Fury in MGS3, and some other guy in MGS4... Who was voiced by Chikao Otsuka.

On the topic of the new season, I remember some fanart being tossed around (Random Anime/Mecha image threads) where Feldt took over the Lockon Stratos codename. While a very unlikely possibility, it would've been nice and less predictable, albeit more fanservicey, to see her take Neil's spot. :P
-noel
Teki

For people upset no female meisters, don't forget we know nena is still around so she may still show up in a gundam (whether we like that bitch yet after what she did in S1 idk). Also I understand everyone is upset with the whole "these are just upgrade" but thinking realisticly it makes sense. CB was planning for over 200 years their intervention, they had their mechs made for certain reasons. Each had its role to fulfill, why would they revamp each one and destroy the roles. I mean each gundam at end of season was recovered (granted heavily damaged) so they had frames to work with and all. Plus each meister has his own speciality to so they aren't going to give all the characters super mechs (like freedom) that can mass spam kill when it isn't needed. I remember not liking the designs that much at beginning of S1 and started to like them more and more as weeks went by, is the same probably here. Plus reason i believe they don't have the cores in center is because that was linked with veda and since the innovators have veda i believe cb won't be using it anymore.
Omega

Judging from the way the Alejandro's right-hand-man was talking, he might have secretly taken control of CB, effectively making CB the bad guys of S2. So one of the gundams might very well end up in the federation's hands.

BTW, those of you who said the GN-X's were like Knightmares, they remind me more of Arm Slaves than Knightmares...because Ebikawa did FMP if i'm thinking right... (sorry if this is something everybody already knows.)
illsteir

The new Virtue and Kyrios designs look alright. The new Dynames too if you don't look down past the ankles. It seems that it's standing on two shoe boxes!
Kenji

Must admit, I was kinda hoping that Lyle wouldn't just end up as the new CB sniper... but, then again, the fact that (as far as we know) he has has interesting implications, too. This means that Setsuna and Tieria are going to be dealing with someone who's identical to their buddy Neil, but isn't. That should make for some uncomfortable interactions between them.

Also, as was mentioned before, I'm sure that Lyle's assuming the mantle will be qualified somehow... after all, one thing that always stuck out like a sore thumb to me was how Lyle wasn't present in that family Christmas scene that Neil was recalling. I mean, it's Christmas, in Christian Ireland, the twin brother should be there. Hell, he should be in any of Neil's flashbacks, but he never is. Something's fishy about that, and I'm sure it'll come to light, eventually.

In fact, back when I first saw Lyle, I wondered if clones or androids were made to replace the Meisters when they were whisked out of public circles... or, conversely, perhaps all of the Meisters and Celestial Being's staff are android copies of real people? Clearly, there's a lot left to be answered, especially since we found out that Lichty wasn't entirely human...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
pd771

Kenji wrote:Must admit, I was kinda hoping that Lyle wouldn't just end up as the new CB sniper... but, then again, the fact that (as far as we know) he has has interesting implications, too. This means that Setsuna and Tieria are going to be dealing with someone who's identical to their buddy Neil, but isn't. That should make for some uncomfortable interactions between them.
Yeah, that would really freak anyone out. My guess he wouldn't be much of a leader, forcing Setsuna to become one.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
zerokirei

Setsuna doesn't strike me as a leader, and with Neil gone, it seems to me that Tiera would become the team leader. From what I read on Gunota, he is no longer bound to his blind devotion to Veda's orders.

Lyle, without knowing anything about him, there can't be much said. Kenji brought up a good point about Lyle being mysteriously absent during Neil's flashbacks (unless Neil's sister is Lyle, but that would complicate things a bit too much :lol: ). Lyle may be a natural leader, and during that time skip, he could have moved up the ranks and became the leader. We'll see.
EZero8

If anyone looked closely at the Christmas flashback, you'd notice that there was an extra setting at the table with an empty chair. My guess is that the extra setting was for either Lyle or Neil, depending on how the perspective is supposed to be interpreted for that scene.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Delta Knight

pd771 wrote:My guess is he wouldn't be much of a leader, forcing Setsuna to become one.
Of course, he's the noob, and Setsuna's the MAIN CHARACTER (echoes epically).

Also, Kenji may be on to something by suggesting that Celetial Being has clones/androids of all their Meisters and support crew. That would certainly be possible, given the android that does (or did) actually exist and Celestial Being's reputation for being two steps ahead technologically. Now that Kenji brings up the subject, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case as to how the Meisters can come back from supposedly being deader than Gundam X. Which is not to say I wouldn't find it a cheap way to prevent characters from dying. Now if Lyle is a clone/android of Neil, than perhaps Celestial Being implanted Neil with false memories of Lyle. But that still wouldn't explain his absence in the flashbacks. Hmm...this is quite a puzzle.

On the other hand, Setsuna's corpse was never actually shown. Technically, they showed a battle-scarred Exia floating through space. Similarly, at the end of Zeta Gundam, Char was supposedly killed in an explosion. However, at the very end of episode fifty, it shows an armless, legless Hyaku Shiki torso also floating through space, and we all know that Char lives to fight Amuro one last time.
"You spoony bard!"
-Sage Telah in Final Fantasy IV.
prince_of_zeon

And how do we know that Lyle is really on the down-low? Something about that scene from Season 1 where Neil placed the flowers at his family's graves and Lyle is looking past just gave me the shivers. I had not been so creeped out by a 00 character since I first saw Ribbons. It just seems to me that this new Lockon may have an ulterior motive. Evil twin, anybody?

I wanted Saji to be the main character, but I guess a mid-season upgrade for Setsuna was unavoidable. :(
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Chris
Administrator

prince_of_zeon wrote:I wanted Saji to be the main character, but I guess a mid-season upgrade for Setsuna was unavoidable. :(
Good God, please don't ever mention this again outside of the Saji fanclub thread. :shock:
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Phantomexe87

Well, he was already the main character in the first season, so I think it's only fair that this time Setsuna gets his shot in the second season as main character.

I'm not really opposed to Lockon's brother becoming a pilot, but they really should have a sort of lead up, otherwise it will just seem cheap. They could also give him a different color and gundam. Then again, twins sometime share specific tastes, but still, they're a bit too identical.
VentZX

Phantomexe87 wrote:Well, he was already the main character in the first season, so I think it's only fair that this time Setsuna gets his shot in the second season as main character.
That has to be sarcasm. If it is, congratulations, you fooled me. If not, what kind of crack were you smoking to make you think Saji was the main character?
Destiny_Gundam

prince_of_zeon wrote:And how do we know that Lyle is really on the down-low? Something about that scene from Season 1 where Neil placed the flowers at his family's graves and Lyle is looking past just gave me the shivers. I had not been so creeped out by a 00 character since I first saw Ribbons. It just seems to me that this new Lockon may have an ulterior motive. Evil twin, anybody?
In all fairness, we have no idea which one was Neil and which one was Lyle in that scene. Personally I think Neil was probably the one that was hiding. The one at the grave was all "That guy was here..." like he wasn't supposed to be there, which would fit Neil more since he's 'missing.'

And Gundam is about mobile suit pilots, not pizza boys. That's why Saji will never be the main character. Seeing his quest to become the greatest pizza boy in the Earth Sphere is a plot for some shonen manga.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Melchior

In all fairness, we have no idea which one was Neil and which one was Lyle in that scene. Personally I think Neil was probably the one that was hiding. The one at the grave was all "That guy was here..." like he wasn't supposed to be there, which would fit Neil more since he's 'missing.'
Thats exactly what I thought when I first watched that scene, but in an interview shortly after the end of season 1 the director gave an ambiguous comment which certainly could have been taken that Lyle was the one hiding in the treeline.
Laevatein

Hopefully with these larger scans someone can finally fully translate the juicy info for the MS and Meister scans.