Episode 17 - Star-crossed

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Cardi Doorl

- Beta Team -

Wolf saw the thruster flares approaching from the general direction of the enemy's large ship - which he could see now was one of their powerful Irish-class battleships. The mobile suits that made them soon grew visible. Minovsky density was getting too thick to identify them with radar, but visuals estimated a high probability that they were of the Rick Dias model. Four of them. This was no small-time AEUG fleet, if it sported an Irish-class and multiple Rick Dias'.

"Beta Team, we're moving to intercept that Dias unit. Don't let them reach that Salamis." Sven had already moved himself into an attack-ready position.

One of the Rick Dias' stormed ahead of its compatriot. It was in a bizarre pink color scheme, with some yellow highlights. Instinctively keeping an eye on what the other AEUG suits were doing, Wolf swung his beam launcher at the charging pink machine and let loose another bolt.

Ryo, meanwhile, mirrored Sven's move and brought himself "below" Wolf's Marasai and readied himself for a follow-up attack.

- Between Fleets -
- Buxoro Team -

As Buxoro Team steamed off after the vanguard, Picard spied something that made his lips twist into a grin. Ipswich Team was a distance ahead, making their merry way to support Beta and Delta Teams. A small number of AEUG Nemos slipped into view - from where, Picard neither knew nor cared to know. It was clear they were trying to get the jump on Ipswich Team, and those idiots in Ipswich Team were all too liable to fall for it.

"Let's get these jerks' attention," M-Hover sneered, "Should warm us up for the real fight."

Picard twisted his Hizack's body up to aim the waist missiles at the Hamburg Team Nemos and fired a single missile to get their attention.

- Ipswich Team -

Ipswich Team, for their part, was still entirely oblivious to Randy's approach.

- Herakles Team -

Cara fidgeted as her Hizack chugged along with the rest of her team. Kyle and Constantine's dispute had, of course, occurred entirely in skin-talk, so Cara hadn't heard a word. She followed silently and unconsciously bit her lower lip.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Combat Bridge -

The Kirov rocked violently as the Chuikov put up determined counterfire.

"Give that Salamis several missile salvos! Have the Herakles divert fire to it!"

Nick's static-garbled message came through about the main bridge. Trent swore and unconsciously tilted his eyes up to the deckhead, mentally demanding the Commodore to tell him what was taking so long.

- Near Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Alpha Team -

Stukov saw Jeriden's Nemo just moments before he fired. His face never flinching from its stony mask, Stukov feathered his verniers to shift his Marasai a small distance to the right, then swung up the left arm, allowing the first incoming beam to hit at an oblique angle. The beam deflected away and ended up grazing the Kirov's starboard side.

Without wasting a moment, Stukov pushed off the bridge while activating his main thrusters, propelling himself at the Nemo and twisting into a barrel roll as the other nine shots streaked in. This move put him out of the path of the beams. Without hesitation, Stukov pushed headlong toward the Nemo and squeezed off a pair of beams. He gave no orders to Grace and Leandro.

- Ryu Takeda -

Chuikov Team's frantic greenhorn emerged onto the dorsal side of the Kirov with that demonic tiger-striped Marasai hot on his trail. He saw the blazing main cannons and found himself discouraged from flying out in front of it, so he flew straight forward, taking him on a path that would fly directly in front of the main bridge.

wonton bob

- Alpha Team Area-

Never feeling a moment of fear, Jeriden raced head-on to meet a Marasai (Stukov). Not even noticing the Marasai had fired a shot, he kept his Nemo steady. The first shot tore off the lower half of his shield while the second shot ripped a small chuck of the Nemo's right hip causing all sorts of warning lights to flood the cockpit.

Jeriden had forgotten the order to avoid any engagement. His computer had picked up Takeda's suit which convinced him that more friendlies were in the area. Jeriden tried to lock-on the incoming Marasai but at that speed he could only guess and fired three shot from his near depleted beam rifle.

With his rear cameras set to maximum, Bernard who was at the outer edge of the Kirov's range had stop to witness Jeriden's stand. His vision was coming in and out of focus.

"Get out of there you fool!!"

---------

- Gamma Team-

Jason had over-thrust in an attempt to meet the crazed Nemo (Takeda) and was at no position to open fire without hitting the bridge. He could only witness the up-coming events as they unfold.

"Kirov! Enemy 12 o'clock!!"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
ScornMandark

Rem watched the growing chaos with concern. The hits on the ship were scary, to say the least. Ships weren't supposed to lurch like that, and he was a bit concerned about the doctor.

"Are you alright, Dr. M? I'm concerned about the ship... We don't both need to be here to monitor the suits, I'm going to help Sagar's team up by the top gunnery section." Leaving the datalogger and recorder set up on the catwalk rail, he kicked off towards Sagar with his toolbox in hand.

"Chief! I can help with the gunnery section team. Where do I go?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Gambit01

"GET BACK TO YOUR POSITION, NEWBIE!!!" Nick roared out; he would have no witnesses to what he was about to do.

Holstering his beam rifle, Nick flew straight at the Nemo, shoulder checking it onto the main bridge, pinning it against the ship. Unknown and unseen to any save himself and the Nemo, he had his beam saber close to the Nemo's chest, only awaiting activation to vaporize the cockpit...and everything behind it.

"Anyone in there?" Nick asked via direct touch to the main bridge.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Montague

- Between Fleets -
- Buxoro Team -

"God give me the grace to pass from this place."

A short prayer, one Elijah always made sure to mutter quietly between breaths when combat was inevitable. He had survived countless engagements before, on land that is. Even then his sniper rifle kept a great distance between himself and his foes. Now he was but a floating speck in the vastness of space, three others at his side who would hopefully guard one another's lives as if it were their own.

Other then his superstitious prayer, the Lieutenant remained silent as they approached the AEUG fleet. Dark eyes intently focused on the array of monitors as he searched the endless expanse for any possible threat toward the team. The all too noticeable flare of verniers and weaponry flashed in the distance though too far out to be considered a target.

Those moments of peace lasted for a short while longer before Elijah's eyes fell upon a group of Nemos unbeknownst to their presence. Before he could call out the targets M-Hover's voice came over the communications array with the same notion in mind. With a slight grin he acknowledged in approval, "Roger."

Activating his weapons system Robin's Hizack followed Picards in suit as he bent its frame in an upward fashion, firing a single missile in the Nemo team's direction. He gazed upon the projectile for only a moment as it followed M-Hover's toward their targets, the distance too great to expect much glory, before he brought his rifle forward at the ready for when the time truly came. For when Buxoro Team entered the fray.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
Ascension

-Chuikov, Bridge

"Good, they're diverting fire to us. The Dervish's survival is paramount. We can't afford to lose an Irish to them, but this ship? She's lived a good life."

"And her crew?"

"We have plenty of escape pods. You'll all survive. And me... well, I've lived a good life too."

-Jim MacAlpin

"Heh, looks like this beam launcher guy is itching for a fight."

Jim boosted forwards, firing his bazooka on the fly.

"Let's give him one to remember!"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
wonton bob

- Gamma Team-

Jason's beam rifle had followed the Nemo only to be blocked by Nick's suit. He was itching to pull the trigger but without a doubt the bridge would also be hit not to mention the Lieutenant..not that he cared for him at this moment.

"GET BACK TO YOUR POSITION, NEWBIE!!!" Nick roared out.

Jason grinds his teeth in frustration and raised the rifle.

nice attitude...see if ya can get anyone to watch your back

As Jason turns to resume his post at the Kirov's port-side, he mutters some advice to Nick since it seems he has the situation just about handled.

"...make sure it dosen't go nuke..."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- Outside Side 2 -

- Team 1 -

A few bursts of light radio chatter followed Fritz’ order to support the Chuikov unit as the rest of the team responded. "I'll get his attention on me and away from that Sally,” Pan announced, pushing ahead of the team. Fritz may have been able to catch up to him if he pushed his suit to it’s full power, but that wouldn’t be necessary. He knew Heyden could take care of himself. As he was about to give Jim and Michiko a couple of last-minute orders, Jonas Anderson’s voice punched through the Minovsky. "Chuikov Team requesting reinforcements. We've got at least six suits inbound.”

“At least six?”. Fritz scanned his monitors to make sure there weren’t any mobile suits coming in from a bad angle. Still on Team 1’s channel, he advised, “Looks like there’s more than one Titan MS team in the immediate area. Stay alert,”. In his HUD an image of Pan’s advancing Rick Dias was magnified, and beyond it he could see two of the enemy’s Marasais. With a few key presses, the image of Pan’s unit disappeared and was replaced by two separate views of the Titan suits. Just as the images were magnified, the lead Marasai let loose with its beam launcher again, this time at Pan. It’s box was momentarily filled with light from the beam.

“Watch it!” Fritz warned, jetting upwards to put distance between himself and the other two still traveling close by. He watched between his feet as the large beam passed below the trio. When his vision returned to his forward screens, he froze for a moment as he looked at the magnified image of the launcher-toting Marasai. While recognizing Wolf Ritter’s personal colors may not have elicited much of a reaction from Pan, Fritz’ mind was going a mile a minute. His grip tightened on his controls until he found it hard to maintain a steady course.

His hand shaking, Fritz turned back to Team 1’s channel and ordered brusquely, “Keep the other suits off of me. I’m going after the one with the launcher,”. It took him a moment or two to find the words. Fritz raised his bazooka and powered ahead of Jim and Michiko. “This time I’ll finish it,” he growled, angered by his lost opportunity inside the shoal zone. He regretted his decision to take a load of scatter-shot on this sortie, but a spray of pellets to the cockpit would give him the same satisfying result as an explosive round.

Fritz’ threat to finish things was quiet, but Michiko was still close enough behind his Rick Dias for it to crackle through. She was confused until she brought up a magnified image of Wolf’s Marasai, and then she slowly turned pale as a sheet. “Heh, looks like this beam launcher guy is itching for a fight,” Jim said rushing ahead and firing his bazooka. Quickly and clumsily speeding up and using her verniers to move closer to Jim, she reached out and clanged her free hand against one of his binders to initiate skin talk. “Jim! This is that same Titans taskforce! Echo! Jim, we have to do something!” she pleaded, frightened both at what might happen to Fritz if he stubbornly fought Wolf again and for herself and the 4th in general. Up ahead, Fritz closed the gap between himself and Wolf. He slid to his right to make sure Pan wasn’t in his line of fire and let loose with a scatter round at Ritter.

- New Yark Team -

Thibaut tried to steel his nerves as he followed his teammates out in between the fleets. He wasn’t as nervous as he had been last time, but he was still green enough that large scale engagements got him jumpy. He started trying to think of something to calm himself down, and his gaze strayed to the back of the Nemo ahead of him. That was Sophie’s unit. Back when they were getting suited up on the ship, Lt. Mello had slyly taken Thibaut aside and they had wasted time milling around so they could get an eyeful of Ens. Coggs getting changed. Thibaut’s cheeks flushed like they had back in the ready room when he realized what the lieutenant was doing.

“Zacks up ahead,” Lt. Mello said, startling Thibaut out of his increasingly lewder daydream. “Y-yes sir,” Thibaut blurted unnecessarily. “Let’s tie ‘em up so they don’t get any closer to one of our ships,” Mello ordered, waving his team on with his shield arm. “Say, say, say, say!” yelled Ramon, who rolled his suit in place before boosting ahead with the others. They spread out into a loose line, and Lt. Mello opened fire on Kamek’s machine.

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Dr. Merwürdigliebe waved Rem away and nodded that he was fine. Things were heating up, and he couldn’t wait to see the condition of the Rick Dias units and interview a few of the pilots when they returned. The company, and the men in his department in particular, would want a thorough investigation of the 4th’s skill and aptitude before they made any decisions.

Sager stopped at the doorway his crew was going through and turned back to Rem. “Just follow these lunkheads and you’ll get there. Double check your suit’s seals, there’s an atmosphere leak,”.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Pan had put himself moderately in front of the rest of his team, the man's brightly colored mobile suit stuck out enough as is. But now he finally had some attention. Being armed with both his beam pistols he didn't have the luxury of range. That beam launcher on the other hand....

Heyden let a ferocious battle roar as he manhandled his controls sending his Rick Dias into a swift climb, and out of harms way. It was a close call, but he didn't have time to think about how close to dying he just came instead his thoughts were on the death of his enemies.

"I CAN FIGHT ALL DAY!!!" He bellowed noticing Fritz' approach.

Pan's Rick Dias continued it's approach his eyes drawing attention to the other two units near the Chuikov.

His Rick Dias twisting in a rather acrobatic way while raising both his beam pistols and independently aiming one at Sven and the other at Ryo, then firing.

"Learn to spread out. You amateurs are making this too easy"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Loser Villain

- Between Fleets -
- Buxoro Team -

"Let's get these jerks' attention. Should warm us up for the real fight."

As Picard and Elijah launched missiles in the direction of the Hamburg Team Nemos, Aaron aimed his 120mm machine gun at the same area. He didn't have the missile launcher equipped for this sortie, so he'd have to wait till the Nemos' sighted them and began to close in before he could open fire. He figured he'd lay down a base of support fire to distract the Nemo's so that Picard, Elijah and Warren could then, in theory over take them.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Xvlai

- Near the Chuikov -

Rick Diases? Wolf wasn’t lying about them getting equipment upgrades.

Sven had been trying to keep count of all the enemy suits, three nemos loitered around the Salamis-Kai and there were four Diases incoming from what looked to be an Irish-Class. It was Sven’s first time seeing the class of ship, it didn't look to impressive, the Kirov was much more threatening, and certainly more awe inspiring.

What were definitely more awe inspiring, and much more of a threat was the four incoming Rick Diases. Modeled somewhat after the old principality’s Rick Doms, they were formidable suits. Seeing the Doms familiarity sent a shudder down Sven’s spine. During the One Year War, tankers had feared Zakus for sure, but the maneuverability of the Dom had been the true terror to tankers later in the war. Sven had hoped to have all four engage Wolf and get distracted, when he would than swoop in and engage them. But when did combat ever go as hoped. The oddly colored, Dias dodged Wolfs round while two more returned fire at Beta team’s leader.

It was than Sven noticed one Dias catch up to another and initiate skin talk, their lapse of judgment would be their undoing. Putting on more speed Sven rocketed forward, that moved turned out to save his life, as a beam passed close enough to burn a line of paint off his right leg. Having paid too much attention he had forgotten about the other enemy suits, never thinking they would attack him first. And it seemed one of them had chosen to remind him, and the other pilot Ray, or was it Ryo, Sven couldn’t remember, that just because you weren’t fighting didn’t mean the fight couldn’t come to you.

Throwing more weight behind his controls, Sven just hoped the other member of Beta Team would take care of the pink problem. Lining up his beam rifle Sven tried to take steady aim but his speed and angle of attack kept Sven from keeping his aim steady so he hastily fired off three shots at the two Rick Diases.
Cardi Doorl

- Alexandria-class Kirov -
- Main Bridge -

The Commodore and Mortimer both staggered as Nick slammed the Nemo into the hull around the bridge. Some of the viewing panels cracked slightly.

Mortimer, who'd been on his way out, grabbed the headset from Gojiro's unoccupied station and growled into it, "Be more careful, Lieutenant. The Commander might've evacuated, but the Commodore's still in here!"

The Commodore realized who they were dealing with; the Marasai in question was painted in an all-too-familiar black color scheme with red tiger stripes. "Mortimer, no more time to waste. Let's go." The Commodore pushed off the deck to propel himself to the hatch.

- Ryu Takeda -

The wonder of the linear seat meant was that Ryu was able to maintain what coherence he had even after so a forceful a blow as Nick gave him. He tried to whip his arm around to bring his beam rifle onto the Black Tiger Marasai, but the barrel extended past his target. It was possible to bend the arm in such a way to hit the Marasai in the position he was in, but Ryu's lack of combat experience and general state of mind disallowed him from seeing such a possibility. The way he was pinned down made it impossible for his to reach his beam saber.

With nothing to do, Ryu howled in rage and squeezed down the trigger for his head vulcans while spraying his beam rifle frantically into empty space.

Cardi Doorl

- Near Salamis Kai-class Chuikov -
- Delta Team -

Gilliarme, too. The man had been falling apart - as much as a man like Gilliarme could fall apart - ever since the nightmare of a battle over a month ago. Shin shifted forward to take point just as the enemy Salamis' anti-MS guns lit up.

Shin felt a weight in his chest, but it wasn't anxiety. Somehow, the weight was liberating rather than restricting. There was no need to ask for orders; with his vast combat experience stretching all the way back to the earliest days of the One Year War, Shin knew exactly what to do without being told. And he knew Gilliarme and Sam would be right behind him. The universe was, for the first time in Shin's memory, in balance.

He could've closed his eyes for all he cared - he still would've taken the exact same shot he took just then. Weaving vigorously through the AEUG cruiser's beams, lined up his beam rifle with one of the Nemos and fired a shot.

((shot once at Sweet Caroline))

-

There was a oneness. Sam resisted it at first, but nobody can long resist such a oneness, not without being truly dead. Living as she had all her life, she found it uncomfortable, but if a trapped man like Shin could find harmony in it, then Sam would, too.

With the blinders gone, Sam could raise her beam rifle and fire while rolling away from the Salamis' gunfire.

((shot twice at Julian))

- Chuikov Team -

Jonas shouted in vain for the pounding in his chest to stop and for the moisture on his forehead and temples to stop coming. He glanced over and was initially glad to see that one of the Dias teams from the Dervish had come to reinforce, but his heart took a gut dive when he saw some Marasais intercept them right away.

True, that meant Chuikov Team didn't have to worry about dealing with them, but that left the underhanded Nemo team up against three... Jonas blinked when the incoming Titan suits came close enough for his visual scanners to try identifying them. They came up with no match. Jonas himself had never seen such machines. What the hell were they? A brand-new model, apparently. Were they as good as Nemos? Better? Maybe as good as the robust Marasai? There were three of them - exactly how many suits Chuikov Team had at that moment - but with no knowledge of what the enemy was piloting, Jonas had little basis to judge whether or not his team could hold them.

"Three suits inbound, unknown model," his eyes darted back and forth among the strange blue machines as the Chuikov's point defense let loose. When the Titan suits started firing, Jonas howled, "Jules, Carey, heads up! Stay on the move and let's take the fight to these guys!"

Shoving off the Chuikov's hull before hitting his main thrusters, Jonas moved "upward" (from the POV of Delta Team) and, while keeping his shield close over his Nemo's midsection, snapped off a pair of beam rifle shots at the Titan in the lead.

((Two shots at Shin))

EfreetCustom

-Herakles Team-

Alex was last to launch.

"Alex Lepak Launching!" The Ensign fired into space behind his team with missle pods, machine gun and sheild equiped. Yet another conflict broke out between CO Kylern and Ens. Pendragon about the formation but he would have to agree with one of the two.

Alex flew over to the new recruit Cara and grabbed her suits shoulder with his hand opeing the private line. "Hey there, don't let them get too you, we will get through this mission one way or another, ha ha". Alex tried to be ubeat for the new recuit who could only be nervous about her first mission. He then flew over to the two arguing soldiers and opened the communication lines. "Sir! I am going to have agree with Pendragon on this one, us two should work as sheilds in this sortie so you can fire from behind, as for the pattern, thats for you to decide...".
Alex then waited for Kylerns reply.
[/i]
Last edited by EfreetCustom on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is no Zaku boy! No Zaku!!!"
Gambit01

Nick ignored the vulcan fire as it pelted his suit, threatening to do great damage at this distance; he was instead focused on what was just said.

""Be more careful, Lieutenant. The Commander might've evacuated, but the Commodore's still in here!"

This is just TOO perfect!!!

"Tell me, Commodore," Nick continued as red lights flashed in his suit warning that his shields couldn't take much more vulcan fire, his voice almost casually and pleasantly conversational, "When you preached on and on to little Ritter junior and Alexandra about destiny, did you do that so they would naively follow you where ever you lead them, allow themselves to be taken by Jamitov and his psychopaths, and--and right here's the part that REALLY pisses me off--blow up an entire school of children and not bat an eyelash or feel a twinge of guilt?"

"Or..."

Nick's voice took a far more sinister, angry, and, dare it be said, psychotic turn, completely ignoring the pink-haired ghost that was bawling her eyes out, begging Nick to stop.

"Did you do it because, in the end, the 'Ritter Destiny' is for each and every one of you...to die by my hand?"

Soliloquy over, Nick activated his beam saber....
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Kylern

"Alex I personally don't like the idea of using anyone as a shield. Especially when the enemy is armed with more beam rifles than us. One well placed shot and it wouldn't matter how much armor you have... Its not that I don't agree with him I'm just sick of listening to him talk. If you want to follow his orders and plans then by all means do, but I'm not giving an order that could lead to the death of my team. So please just leave it at that... besides once the fighting starts I doubt any formation will hold up, just make sure to stay with me."

Kyle replied in a somber voice. He was sick of this already but tried to remain strong. He felt like a puppet on a string just dancing because someone behind the scene told him too. What did they want from him through all this? Why put him in this position? He didn't have the answers but he would pull things together in the end, because he believed that they would survive. Now it was time to make a decision and he knew what to do now.

"Alright guys, orders have come down and we are to aid Delta team in their attack of an enemy Salamis class. We will split into two fire teams once we arrive and focus on providing support fire for Delta. If the enemy gets in close I want the more experienced pilot to engage in close combat with the other providing close support fire. Don't separate from your partner and don't let yourself get surrounded. Pendragon take care of Cara like you said you would. If I can trust you to do that, then trust me to bring you guys back. Now lets get in there!" He ordered as they approached the battlefield around the enemy frigate. The Delta team was already engaging the enemy and he realized that if they could keep the enemy mobile suits busy it might be a chance to attack the enemy ship.

Kyle armed his beam rifle and checked all his systems. He was green for go and his energy caps were good. Hopefully this all went ok because he was feeling slightly unnerved. He couldn't let them all down and he refused to let Pendragon get to him. Taking a deep breath he took aim at a Nemo through his sights and fired a beam at it from a lower left-handed angle. He hopped the odd angle would prevent it from catching on to quickly and increase the chance of hitting.

(not sure who all is out there so whoever is there can acknowledge the attack.)
Last edited by Kylern on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Cybaster

Chuikov Proximity

And then Gilliarme felt tranquility as the harmony that Delta Team now felt in entirety filled his being, and he did not resist. He welcomed it as well, and it was going to save his soul.

As Shin and Sam laid their fire on their targets around the lead Salamis Kai, Gilliarme saw one of the Nemos, their leader, perhaps, swerve to fire at Shin. That was when, in synchronization, he rolled in the opposite direction as Sam, barrel rolling aside and away from a stream of AA fire, and fired his own two beams at that very Nemo from a left diagonal angle, upwards, just as Jonas' own shots left his Nemo's barrel, keeping all three of the Chuikov Nemos threatened and the ship pinned down.

Whatever comes, will come. Gilliarme will meet it head-on alongside Shin and Sam.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
King Monkey

Jacob could only hope that his gulp was not audible as Clute delivered his rather unusual orders. He couldn't help but glance at Celeste's unit as it came out of the Dervish. How was he supposed to take care of an Ace? He could hardly take care of himself. If anything, he depended on the more experienced members of his team to keep him from getting himself (and them) killed.

Still, he wouldn't let them down, not without at least trying and Celeste WAS just returning from a rather extensive stay in the infirmary. She probably shouldn't even be flying. The least he could do was watch her back. It wasn't like she hadn't done the same for him in previous battles.

So, steeling himself he gives a firm nod of his head and stares right into the camera. "Yes, Sir. I'll watch over her," he says.

Then, he does just that, moving into position near Angelina's Rick Dias, though not so close as to crowd her. He is much more pleased by the next orders Clute gives.

"They won't get through!" he declares. "We'll show them what Team 3 can do, right Lt. Angelina?"

He moves into position, floating between the enemy and the flagship with his squad at his side and the fleet at his back, ready to stop the Titans.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Ascension

-Jim MacAlpin

"Chiko, I don't care who they are. They're Titans, and they're human. They can be hurt... killed. And that's what I plan to do to them."

Thanks to Michiko's distraction, Jim barely had time to scatter when Sven started firing at the two of them. One of the beams clipped his Dias's right leg, sending a stream of propellant rushing out of the leg tanks. He had to shut off the flow of fuel to one of his leg verniers to keep the leak from bleeding his tanks dry.

"Less talking, more shooting!" he shouted, snapping off a pair of shots at the enemy Marasai for emphasis as he spoke.

((Returning fire.))

-Caroline Tucker

((Cardi, is all this oneness stuff some sort of freaky newtype thing?))

Caroline's eyes widened as a Marasai maneuvered almost effortlessly through the Chuikov's field of fire.

"Incoming!"

Caroline backpedaled... slamming into the ship itself. The Marasai's beam slammed into the hull beside her.

"Ohmygod, ohmygod..."

Caroline's heart was beating overtime as she tried in vain to steady her hands on the controls. Her beam rifle spoke erratically, with at least the first shot meeting little more than empty space.

((Good times never seemed so good...))
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.